“Mostly very good!”

Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel
Ranked #6 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed November 18, 2012

A very nice hotel in a good area, just north of the main city centre shops. An easy walk slightly uphill from the train station. (Especially easy if you don't realise there's more than one Premier Inn in Leeds and end up walking to the City Centre West hotel, only to find out your booking is across the city!).

You know what you get with Premier Inn, whereas other budget chains like Travelodge can vary greatly depending on where you stay. The hotel is clean and modern, and the room was spacious (with a VERY large bathroom!) and well appointed. I love that you get a hair dryer in the room as standard, as it saves me lugging mine with me. For some reason we were only given one bath towel despite it being a double room, and another was sent up quickly from reception when we phoned down.

Check-in was quick and efficient but check-out wasn't as personable as our other Premier Inn experience in Inverness. We gave our room number and that was it - no thanks or enquiries about how we'd found our stay.

It was hard to find any major faults with our stay. The only real complaint I have is that the window in the room did not open at all, not even an inch. There was a sticker on it explaining that this was for safety reasons, but surely it should be safe to allow to window to open even a little to let in some fresh air. The air conditioning was effective but it was only circulating stale air, so that the room smelled musty and a little like an aeroplane cabin on a long haul flight! We got used to it eventually but it was a bit of a let down. The view from our room was obscured almost completely by a net curtain trapped between the panes of glass - what a shame! Both of us also found the mattress a little uncomfortable, which we didn't experience at the other Premier Inn we stayed at - both of us had sore backs in the morning, despite managing to sleep well.

Breakfast was lovely, although they did struggle to keep the hot buffet topped up. Martin was particularly helpful, arranging for some mushrooms to be cooked without butter for me, and bringing over some hash browns at the same time as they'd been out when I'd gone up to the buffet. The veggie sausages are gorgeous, but it would be nice to have these as part of the buffet rather than having to order them. In saying that, it only takes a few minutes for them to arrive once you've asked for them. I didn't have any cereal but did notice that many of the 'clean' bowls waiting to be used were encrusted with food!

All in all a good stay, with just a few things that could be improved. We'd stay here again and will continue to use Premier Inn when we travel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds City Centre North Premier Inn Kind regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Checked in at the Premier Inn for the weekend as Travelodge was fully booked and I've never been more grateful. Upon our arrival we were met by two smiling gentlemen who assisted us with the self check in and within a matter of minutes we were in our room. We stayed in a family room which was spacious, clean, modern, so much better than I could have ever imagined. The view from the hotel room wasn't all too great but not big enough of a deal for me to change my rating for this hotel. The shower in the room was incredible, plenty of power and after a long drive up to Leeds, was well appreciated. The room on the second day was slightly cold but we never reported this to reception so again not worth reducing the rating. The staff at the hotel were very polite and extremely helpful, especially on the Saturday morning when I had turned down the housekeeping call but when I realised we had already drunk all of our tea had to ask for more. A very polite lady who I assumed was the manager was at the door within minutes with a large bowl of extra tea bags coffee milk and sugar, first class service. We had the premier breakfast on the sunday morning in preparation for the long drive back and we were not disappointed. Prices for the breakfast were slightly high but it was all you can eat and drinks included, plus the food was delicious so we were happy to pay.

We did park at the shopping centre which you are offered discounted parking rates for and don't think the walk to the hotel was that long. Well sign posted and frankly some parking is better than no parking and having to find your own parking around the town.

I don't think I can actually fault this hotel, I had a fantastic stay and wouldn't hesitate to return or visit any other Premier Inns if they are at all like this one.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Leeds. I look forward to welcoming you back at Leeds City Centre North Premier Inn. Kind regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

Reviewed November 12, 2012

fantastic hotel, friendly, helpful, polite staff. brilliant location for our venue, city centre, bars and shopping. the hotel was easy to find. the rooms are very modern and very spacious, very clean throughout,

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Leeds City Centre North Premier Inn. I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Good Location for pubs, pubs and more pubs including the drunken student fights that regularly break out. Car Park is not 2 minutes away more like 6 and awkward with a case. Rooms are as you expect and shower great. I hate paying for wifi though. Restaurant with hotel but expensive but plenty of cheap places like weatherspoons and a good carvery nearby. Its a 15 minute walk into the city centre. I asked for a receipt on the way out and was refused basically telling me tough as the jobsworth was running an exit programme.

Room Tip: As high up town hall facing is great
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review, we are very disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel. At Leeds City Centre North Premier Inn it remains our objective to deliver a high standard of service in our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel. I will then be able to investigate the issues raised. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This used to be my university building and i was weary of it becoming a hotel, However it was fantastic. From arrival, dining and coming in and out of the hotel through to check out the staff were really helpful and friendly.
I stayed for two nights in a large bedroom with brilliant facilities, felt very safe being in a strange room on my own and it was quiet.
Would defineatly recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a great premier inn. Very new, very comfortable and quiet. All of the team were very friendly. Whilst it dropped one point on lack of on site parking to be fair this is clear on the website so I knew about the multi storey option in advance but it was a 5 minute walk away so if you have any mobility problems this could be an issue. The restaurant was very comfortable and offers the usual menu I've come to expect - good value basic food. Automatic check in was very easy to use and staff on hand to help with anyone who needed it.

Room Tip: I was in 411 and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback and am glad you enjoyed your stay. Whilst we offer a discounted rate for our guests using the Merrion Centre Car park, we do also have parking provision for any Disabled guests at site.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds City Centre North Premier Inn,
Kind regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Never, ever again will i set foot in. T**** L**** again.
Premier inn, far superior, cleaner, quieter, nicer all around.
This hotel was fantastic, and very very clean.
The breakfast buffet was great. Think i ate half a pig for breakfast !!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and Breakfast at Leeds City Centre North Premier Inn. I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager