“Eat here you will not be disappointed,,,,,,, fantastic place”

Spice 4u restaurant
Ranked #888 of 1,932 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: This Is A Newly Opened Indian Restaurant In Oakwood Leeds
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This place is the Kohi Noor (the worlds biggest diamond is called this)of leeds. The guys that own this place have a few restaurants and they know how to cook, I'm Indian and don't enjoy Indian food at all but these guys make it really tasty. The service is amazing very attentive charismatic and charming all at the same time. Value for money is a understatement there given it away and I don't no why I tell them all the time that there way to cheap. The decor is beautiful simple and elegant as you can see from my review I can't sing its praises enough.

JUST GO DOWN AND TRY THE FOOD IT'S FANTASTIC

6  Thank Reggie S

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This restaurant really should be busier. Great food friendly staff who can't do enough for you. It's good value for money they also except taste card and you can bring your own beer and wine which makes for a cheap night out. A five star experiance at three star prices.

4  Thank Timrachleah
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Was looking for a nice place with good food as most of the resturants i have been 2 taste the same.. Looked into spice 4 u didnt seem that busy so me and my friends were thinking should we.. In the end we walked in n gosh let me tell u the service was AMAZING.. Food was YUMMY jus like home cooked it was lovely n clean 2.. Deffo going back :) would deffo recommend it to anyone n every1... We were well looked aftered not hoverd over so a big Thank u to the staff @ spice 4 u oakwood see u soon..

3  Thank leeds247
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Been here quite a few times. Service is always very friendly. Food is always very good. The only bad things i have to say about this place are the currys do not have enough meat in and the food once orderd can be quite slow. Often there is not many people in the restaurant. I am not sure why because the food is very good maybe it is because the food is so slow to be served. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a good curry tho.

2  Thank tasteandtell1
Reviewed July 17, 2012

A wasn’t expecting much from this little restaurant it’s surrounded by many others and the others are not good restaurants, why should this be any different?

We were shown to a table and found the seating to be a surprise, the tables are mainly set up for four diners and as we were dining as a couple we were still asked to sit on a table for four. This made space for the plate warmers much easier. So often you are shown to a table for two and the food has to be squeezed onto the table because of a lack of space but not here. The tables were also smart and elegant, the waiters dressed very well and there’s definitely more than a hint of a restaurant trying very hard to look the part and succeeding.

I have been twice to this restaurant, so I feel confident I can genuinely gage the service and food. The first time my daughter ordered Chicken Korma which although a little over sweet was quite delicately spiced. I ordered a Lamb Phall (off menu) which was a great surprise, first of all they knew what a Phall was and it was NOT a Vindaloo in disguise.

Our mains were cooked to perfection, the side dishes room for improvement the sides were a little dry but a good attempt.

The menu itself shows some authenticity, but otherwise very predictable and not very exciting, although typical of a British Indian restaurant, I would like to see some more authenticity on the menu, not to all tastes granted but if it can be found in abundance in Bradford why can’t we have some authentic Indian cuisine in Leeds? Yes I know Phall is not a genuine Indian dish but Thali, Dosa, and Chole are all but absent from the menu.

Now onto the really good news, the service from this restaurant is nothing short of outstanding, you are looked after very well. Their eagerness to please and to cook food to your liking is admirable. On my first visit I commented that my Phall could have been a little hotter and on my return visit the waiter remembered me and offered to make it hotter for me. He also recommended the Passanda a little hotter than the Korma.

I have been to may restaurants where service is severely lacking, and this place stands out amongst many poor restaurants nearby.

I don’t hesitate recommending this restaurant and will be back soon to enjoy very good food, served by excellent attentive waiters.

Well done,