“Pleasant and Comfy stay”

Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel
Ranked #17 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Pleasant and Comfy stay”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Premier Inn Leeds west, a little away from the City Centre(5 mins in a taxi) but good location, away from noise and central to the venue we were visiting - John Charles centre for sport!
The staff gave the Premier Inn a good feel, welcoming, friendly and looked after! The hotel is smartly decorated, comfy and just pleasant to be in, the bar restaurant area was very relaxed, no need to trek into the city if you don't want to, although if on a shopping trip, the hotel was peaceful to return to, even though it was busy over the Easter weekend! A great stay for swimmers, who need peace and sleep!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
HI Dieane G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, your feedback is always welcome and very much appreciated. Thank you for your kind comments on the team, I will be sure to share your comments with them. We look forward to being able to welcome you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed at Premier Inn Leeds city west 18th April, check in was fast swift, we was very well received. I has a slight problem with security that night and that was resolved very efficiently by hotel manager Ben. Very very happy with the service received by staff at the Hotel. Despite my problem with security I will defiantly stay at this Hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014
HI Meltooray,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, and also for taking the time to talk with me about some of the great experiences you had and your kind words about the team as well as clarifying the issue involving the security guard.

I hope that the discussion that we had and the actions we have taken as a result of those discussions have re-affirmed how seriously we take our good night guarantee and our level of customer service. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds CIty West Premier Inn in the near future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed here with my husband in March for a night out round Leeds and stayed here in November with my sister in law (again a night out around Leeds). Can't complain about the location at all, 5 min taxi ride into Leeds, perfect for stags/hens/nights out. Rooms are always clean and up to scratch, cannot praise the housekeeping team enough!! Food is great, always look forward to a Premier Inn breakfast anyway, but the stars of this Hotel areChristine in the restaurant, and Aga in the kitchen, they're amazing at their job and practically ran the breakfast shift when it got busy. My hat off to you girls! If you here on business, or with kids I would stay in the rooms at the front of the hotel rather than the back as they are more quiet away from traffic, otherwise 5 stars!!

Room Tip: Choose rooms at the front of the hotel facing the lifts if you are with children or are light sleepe...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Nina S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, your feedback & comments on your stay are always welcome and very much appreciated.

I was delighted to read your outstanding feedback and I will be sure to pass on your comments to both the housekeeping team and Aga & Christine. It is very rare that a chef or indeed housekeeping get recognise for the outstanding work that they deliver as they do not tend to encounter many guests. Thank you for acknowledging this vital role in the guest experiance.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your thoughts on your visit to us, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Oh dear ... I have stayed at Premier Inn's all over the country on numerous occasions and never had a problem, until we stayed her last weekend (11th and 12th April)

Myself and 9 friends all stayed at this hotel as we were in town for my hen weekend and had chosen this hotel because it was relatively cheap for the weekend and only a 5 minute taxi ride from the centre of Leeds - Can't fault the location unless you want to walk in which case it will take about 45mins to an hour. We checked in shortly after 2pm on Friday afternoon which was a lengthy process, as we were a group booking and the rooms were under different surnames, the reception staff seemed confused about our allocated rooms and it took a good half hour to get us all checked in which should of taken about 5, probably because they were chatting amongst themselves at the same time. Around 7pm the same day, 2 more friends arrived and checked-in at reception but unfortunately they were checked into our room instead of their own!! Luckily we knew the 2 girls who had been given keys to a room that had already been allocated to us as we were sat in our underwear getting ready for a night out!! Those guests could have been anyone and if we weren't in the room when they came walking in our possessions including ipads and money would have been!! We went rushing to reception to sort out the error but the staff didn't seem interested, there was no apology and it took 2 members of staff to try and sort the problem, neither one of them seemed interested or had a clue what they were doing and kept talking amongst themselves why we stood in reception waiting around which didn't impress me at all. The following morning when Reception Manager was on duty we complained to her, but her answer was "I'll refund you the room" yeah that's all good but it was only £30 to start off with so that wasn't the issue, it was the fact that 2 other guests had been checked into a room which had already been allocated on the system.

The rooms themselves are great, really spacious, good space for storage and more importantly they are clean. Shame the cups on the sideboard still had rings around the inside where the last people to use them had left coffee which had made a stain that would have easily rubbed off had they been cleaned...

We ordered food to our room on the Saturday night so we could eat whilst getting ready, can't fault the food it was prepared in good time and the chef rings you to let you know its ready to collect. We were told to leave the tray outside the room door for the night porters to collect which we did about 6.30pm on the Saturday, when we checked out at 12.15 on the Sunday the tray was still beside our door but with left over food scattered around it, so it hadn't been moved and someone had kicked it knocking food over the carpets. When we went upto another friends room who was staying on the 3rd floor during Saturday daytime there was trays of food outside a few doors and guess where they still were when we checked out? The night porters at this hotel are absolutely useless evidently!

I'm really really not a person to complain about hotels (although this will sound hard to believe reading the above), my god I've stayed in some bad hotels but I just can't believe how bad our stay was here, definitely a first for Premier Inn who are usually flawless!

Three other friends stayed in Leeds City East and had no problems whatsoever with their stay, so anyone looking to stay in a premier inn at Leeds I would definitely say swerve Leeds City West and pay a few extra pound to stay at one of the others!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Hi Bec S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor and also for taking the time to discuss with me in over the phone some of the issues that you raised. I hope that our discussions went a long way to restoring your faith in Premier Inn and in Leeds City West.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me, I appreciate being able to discuss these things in person as they often provide far more insight. I do hope that you will return to Leeds City West again in the future.

Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My wife and I stayed here on the 12th of April 2014 as we were attending the Leeds United v Blackpool football match at nearby Elland Road with family. And, we neither support Leeds or Blackpool. We do in fact support Wolverhampton Wanderers - but hey, someone has to. On arriving at the hotel at 12.00pm, we really wanted to check-in, get in our rooms and chill out for a bit before the match. No chance, check in is 2pm. Now, I am not going to complain as that is the time they state so they are doing nothing wrong but other hotels do let you in as rooms are ready. Anyway, we had a few drinks in the car in the car park until about 1.30pm when one room was ready. We put our things in the one room and went to the match. On our return, both rooms were ready. We booked the meal deal for the evening meal and breakfast and I have to say the food was fab. The three course evening meal is one of the best we have had and the breakfast also was excellent. I want to also say, and I hope the manager reads this, that the two girls and the young man who served the food - you will know who they are - were outstanding. Nothing was too much trouble for any of them. I have read the bad reports of this hotel and I seriously think you have got the wrong hotel. My wife and I will stay here next year when Wolverhampton Wanderers are in town. The only reason I have given this hotel very good and not excellent is because the gentleman on the front desk on the night of our stay would not budge on letting us check in early and blamed the maids for not being quick enough cleaning the rooms !

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi ian_wing3,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, Your thoughts and comments on your stay are very much appreciated.

Just to clarify, we will always make every effort to check you into your rooms as soon as possible despite the 2pm policy, unfortunately on the date you stayed we were full both the night before and the night of your stay, this always makes it more difficult to check people in early as our housekeeping team cannot always get into rooms early in the morning.

I have already passed on your feedback to the restaurant team and with two of the team whom served you being very new to our team it really bodes well for their future in Premier Inn, I will also be speaking to the reception team as to the other element of your feedback.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your comments here on Trip Advisor, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again when the Wanderers return to Elland Road.

Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was our first experience of the Premier Chain in UK. We were welcomed professionally and politely, directed to our room which we found as good as any we have experienced in Britain. Facilities were clean and airy, basic and budget, but all we required in a room and breakfast arrangement. Staff in the restaurant were attentive and courteous. Reception staff were extremely helpful in assisting us book further accommodation in the Premier Chain for our touring in the south. Overall a great experience. Alan & Jan P. (Australia)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Alan P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here at Leeds City West, feedback on your stay is always welcome and very much appreciated. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the team were a large part of that, I hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your vacation in the UK.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your thoughts on your stay with us. We hope that you return to us should you return to the UK in the future.

Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2014

i stayed at this premier inn when i was working away on buisness for 4 nights. It was on a lunch and breakfast package and i had a double room to myself.

The room itself was clean and spacious but the staff there are just terrible!

i travel alot and i would say this hotel was probally one of the worst i have stayed in a while"

The food was ok, nothing special, the set menus have alot to choose from, but after a a few nights you soon get bored of the same things.

One night i waited nearlly an hour for my meal after i had been at work all day and when it came the chicken was pink and the wine had grease floating on the top. The staff were more interested in standing round talking than asking if i wanted anything else and i soon got up and left and went to my room.

Breakfast was nice, good selection but again the staff just stood around talking and slating each other rather than cleaning the tables.

When ordering a taxi i was late for work once and the receptionist gave my taxi to someone else and just looked at me blankley when i asked if she would call for another taxi for me.

All in all im glad the company paid for this and not me as i wouldnt of been very happy!

Room Tip: Alot of business people seem to stay in this hotel so if your wanting a quiet nights sleep then ask...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank turnerfamily6
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
HI Turnerfamily6,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor, your feedback on your stay is always very welcome and very much appreciated.

I am very disappointed to read of the sub-standard level of service you received whilst you stayed at Leeds City West, I hope by looking at the majority of other feedback on here you would acknowledge that this is far from the norm. Your comments have been raised and highlighted to the Restaurant and the Receptions teams.

At Premier Inn we are always striving to deliver the highest standards of service and value, I am personally disappointed to read that on this occasion we fell short of this ambition. I do however hope that you return to Leeds City West Premier Inn in the near future where I would hope that the team would be able to restore a little faith in Premier Inn.