“Excellent welcome at Leeds City West”

Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel
Ranked #12 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Excellent welcome at Leeds City West”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed at the Premier Inn at Lees City West recently for a family special Birthday party.
Our satnav decided to take us to a different area of a large industrial estate, so getting quite stressed we phoned the hotel for directions. The staff decided as we were very lost to come out in their own car so we could follow them back. On check in they made us feel very welcome although we felt silly for getting so lost, the staff were great, even taking interest into where our event was based in Leeds and giving us good advice and further directions.
Rooms were lovely and bar area with outside seating was great and a much needed drink was partaken by the whole of our party.
Next day I felt dreadful totally due to over indulgence,when the Receptionist suggest hot chocolate was good for hangovers and went away and made this for me.
Breakfast was a great selection and although quite busy staff looked after everyone and made sure we all had enough to eat even offering for the kitchen to cook individual items.
All in all my stay was much better than imaged totally due to the excellent staff who all went the extra mile for anyone staying, I certainly will be returning again.

1 Thank Linda B
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Hi Linda B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay here on Trip advisor, your feedback an comments on your stay are always welcome,

I was delighted to read of my teams efforts to ensure that you and your party had a fantastic stay with us.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post a review, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds City West again in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
shrewsbury_7
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Great value, £30 for a clean well located hotel (if you have a car)
Hotel has attached bar and restaurant
Staff very friendly as always with Premier Inn
But - continental breakfast was pretty dire with muffins, croissants, toast, coffee all running out and either not being replaced or being replaced very slowly. It wasn't busy and the staff just always seemed behind the game.
We only stayed one night and had housekeeping knocking on our door at 0930 to see if we had left. Minor but very irritating disturbance ( could hear it happening elsewhere on the corridor) either caused by poor system, laziness in not checking with reception or deliberate tactic to get the guests to leave early!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ben W, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hi shrewsbury-7,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay here on Trip Advisor, your feedback is always welcome and very much appreciated.

I am disappointed to read of the level of service that you received during your stay with us. Can I please assure you that knocking on your door most certainly is not a ploy to empty rooms quickly in a morning and most definitely should not have happened & will be investigated further. I will also feedback to the breakfast team regarding the issues you raised.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post a review, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Leeds again in the near future.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for two nights while attending a wedding. Not only did this Premier Inn meet expectations for a budget hotel - it exceeded them! Free parking and easy access straight from Junction 1 on the M621, and minutes drive from Leeds city centre. Room and bathroom clean and tidy. Air conditioning / heating easy to operate. Choice of pillows and comfortable bed. Very quiet right through busy Friday and Saturday nights. Restaurant was very good although it did seem that staff on dinner were overstretched [economic cutbacks?] and food was hot, tasty and well served but not quick to the table. Staff are all friendly yet professional. Outstanding awareness of customer needs especially from the Reception Manager [Vanessa] who at breakfast on Sunday morning saw me struggling to eat my breakfast while holding my 2 week old grand daughter [parents had not yet arrived in the restaurant]. Vanessa came across and offered to hold the babe while I finished my breakfast. She did so for some 10 minutes. Such thoughtful awareness marks this hotel [and chain] out from other budget hotels that I have used in UK. Outstanding - highly recommended.

Room Tip: Select front rooms as the rear rooms are closer to the motorway and I'm told can be a little noi...
Hi hisreverence,

Vanessa was almost bursting at the seams to tell me about the story behind your review; having worked with her now for nearly a year I can tell you with absolute honesty that her level of customer care is incredible and very genuine. I was thrilled to read your review and I know that Vanessa was also.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed in this Premier Inn many times as it is next to Elland Road, and have had many good visits here, with staff being brilliant and the overall expereince being positive-but this time nearly everything went wrong.

Check Inn took longer than normal due to being ignored completely for a good five minutes, and may have gone on longer had I not interupted the staffs gathering behind the reception desk (apparently it takes several staff members to solve one problem even when there are multiple guests waiting for service!)

When we attempted to speak to reception again later for directions to a restaurant we had reservations at, we had to give up after a 15 minute wait as there were plenty of people needing to speak to reception and only one person trying to appease everyone. This was by no means the young gentleman who was trying to serve everyone's fault, he was trying his best, but it was hard for all of us to not notice the two members of staff behind the bar with nothing to do just joking around and leaving their poor colleague to try and do all the work. So we had to leave to avoid being late for our reservation and luckily got directions from a very kind local.

My wife an I were then awoken at 4.00 AM by a party getting in from a druken night on the town. This was not the Premier Inn's fault, but these ignorant people continued their noise in the hallway for some time, and left us both tired the next day, which as any driver knows, is the last thing you want when faced with a long drive the next day.

So overall a poor experience with nothing positive to say. However, I usually receive great customer service at this hotel, and believe this was a one off. I will come back here, but should this poor level of experience be repeated I would consider avoiding the Premier Inn in the future-I paid £62.00 for the night, and this was not worth the price on this occasion.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Andy F,

I have to say that I am bitterly disappointed to read of your poor stay with us, if you could please get in touch with me either by telephone (0113 2794566) or my e-mail address (operationsmanager.leedscitywest@premierinn.com). I would really like to discuss the issues you have raised a little further and take the appropriate next steps. Please accept my sincere apology for having not delivered our usually high standard on this occasion.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a sat night with family after attending a wedding. Easy free parking. Quick check in. Rooms are basic but immaculately clean, have everything you need & the beds are huge & super comfy. Our room was situated on the top floor at the front of the hotel-traffic noise wasnt a problem. All staff friendly & attentive. Bar area is nice. There was a bit of noise outside our room during the night-some women arguing which disturbed us but this wasnt the hotels fault. Breakfast was nice-no complaints. Check out quick. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
Hi Beth2719,

I was really pleased to read of your positive experience with us, I am sorry that there was a disturbance on your corridor during the night, as you may or may not be aware, we take every measure to ensure that people returning to the hotel in the small hours are as quiet as possible and I was disappointed that on this occasion we didn’t quite accomplish that.

gloustershire
Reviewed April 15, 2013

what more can i say,another great stay!! this is our 2nd time here to watch the football,didn't look anywhere else as we enjoyed it last time and also will be coming again.you cannot fault it for the price and the staff are A1

2 Thank tracy j
Hi Tracey J,

I’m really pleased to read that we lived up to your expectations again. I will ensure that your feedback is given out to all the team.

Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Recently stayed at this Premier Inn for a week whilst my daughter was dancing in the city(second time I have done so). This is not only the best Premier Inn in Leeds (and I have stayed in them all) it is, in my opinion, the best in the whole country (I travel the whole country with my work and stay in a Premier Inn a couple of times a week).

The location is great for motorway access (with Free parking) and only a 5 min drive into the city (no traffic jams from this side).

All the staff are, without exception, friendly and welcoming and a special mention must go to Nathan who is a real credit to Premier Inn. I had to work in the bar area most days on my laptop and his service and genuine enthusiasm would not be out of place in the 5star Marriot in the city!

The rooms are comfortable and very very quiet and I have already booked in for 3 weeks in the Summer when my daughter has her dance Summer school - a real home from home.

2 Thank LUFC1970
Hi LUFC1970,

I was simply delighted to read your review and truly grateful for your recognition of the teams efforts here. Nathan, as others have also commented, is a star and loves spending time with his guests. I know that he also reads trip advisor relentlessly to gather feedback, I know that he read your comments and was very humbled.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.