“overnight stay for graduation celebrations”
Review of Park Plaza Leeds

Park Plaza Leeds
Ranked #39 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Letchworth Garden City
“overnight stay for graduation celebrations”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at the Park Plaza in Leeds. The staff are friendly and helpful and I can not fault the service. Our room was clean and tidy, the windows were open which made it feel nice and airy and there was a bottle of sparking water on the side. The only thing I would comment on is that there were three of us in the room but only two mugs for tea and coffee.

Unfortunately I left my dress in the wardrobe but once I'd made a call to the hotel, the dress was sent and received the next day. Excellent service again from the staff.

Perfect location for a stay in Leeds.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ParkPlazaOps, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear EnidB19,

Thnak you for taking the time to leave your comments about your recent stay at Park Plaza Leeds.

It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and i do hope you will be back to stay with us again soon!

Many thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Very handy, right opposite station and good modern facilities with nicely decorated rooms and with OK breakfast. Handy for anywhere you may want to go in Leeds city centre as well as getting to from the railway station

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
ParkPlazaOps, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Darren W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay at Park Plaza Leeds.

We do hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel in the Future.

Many thanks
lewes
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed in Leeds at the Park Plaza with my Wife. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel and would gladly return at a later date. Park Plaza is not the cheapest hotel but equally I didn't feel like I was being ripped off.

Pro's

- cleanliness
- convenience for everything central in Leeds
- quiet hotel
- views from the room
- 256K free WIFI was pleasantly quick
- breakfast options were good. I didn't feel like I had been ripped off
- room was a generous size.

Con's
- Bar was a bit limited in size and seating options
- slow lift (we had plenty of time though!)

Dear Frank1eb0y,

It is great to see that you had a positive stay at Park Plaza Leeds!

I do hope we can welcome you back in the very near future.

Many thanks for your review.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were glad that we've booked here. The rooms are very spacy, could fit up to 4 people very easily. All little things provided. However, this happened: one of the two rooms we have booked has a broken bathtub (Note the present tense) which we asked for maintenance. They said we have to wait for the next day and we were fine with that. But then on the next morning maintenance team did not come so I called the front desk/reception (pressed 0 and 'front desk button). What ridiculed me was someone (reception) did pick up the phone but when I was about to say 'hello' they cut the line. This happened three times. Rude.

Room Tip: Big beds, great price, look at the photos and people's reviews, find near locations
Green Features: Good because not many hotel does that. Helps slow down global warning. A great thing
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ParkPlazaOps, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Toon J,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that our maintenance team did not respond to your request in a timely fashion. This will certainly be investigated as room issues are normally dealt with quickly and efficiently.
I can only assume that there was a problem with our internal lines when you attempted to call reception as I am confident that the team would not hang up the phone on any guests. I am sorry for this confusion.

It is reassuring to see that other than these issues you did have a pleasant stay with us and found our facilities to be good.

I do hope you will consider us for any future stays in Leeds.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Hotel itself is located in the heart of Leeds city centre and has potential but falls short of 4 stars. The room whilst minimalistic was poorly serviced and needed a good clean. This was also apparent in the communal areas. Ok if you get a good deal but wouldn't be happy if i was paying top money. On a positive found the choices for breakfast to be good. Quality was good and the warm food was just that nice and warm. Certainly wouldn't complain about the breakfast. Reception staff were friendly and welcoming.

Stayed July 2014
Dear LeedsTraveller2011,

Thank you for taking the time to review Park Plaza Leeds. Your comments regarding general cleanliness will be investigated with the relevant departments as we pride ourselves on the quality of our product and it seems on this occasion we may have fell short of those high standards.

Thank you for your comments regarding breakfast. This will be passed on to the team who will be thrilled to hear such positive feedback.
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We booked 3 rooms as a family and friends as we were attending a graduation ceremony. The hotel was extremely busy what with loads of other families and friends also being there but I have to say the service was very good indeed. Any requests were speedily dealt with plus help given with access to internet.

If you want a good breakfast away from the crowds, walk 3 minutes up Boar Lane and eat at the little cafe attached to Holy a Trinity Church

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank CaroleG242
ParkPlazaOps, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear CaroleG242,

It is great to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and you found our service to be consistently good throughout our busy time!

I do hope you will consider us for future stays in Leeds.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Located directly opposite the central train station, this Park Plaza hotel is conveniently situated for city attractions. However, on this particular occasion that's more or less where the positives ended for me. As a Gold Elite member of Club Carlson (the loyalty programme that this chain of hotels belongs to) I was frankly expecting something much better than this.

The room that I was allocated on the 18th floor was barely acceptable; the carpet did not appear to have been vacuumed properly, the surfaces and window ledge were dusty, the mirrors in both the room and the bathroom were smeared, the head-board was dirty and the bed linen smelt strongly of bleach.

The room required something of a makeover with a fresh coat of paint and the introduction of the type of facilities commensurate with a '4 Star' hotel e.g. flat-screen TV, DVD player, even an in-room guide for guests were sadly lacking. Internet access was intermittent (I ended up just using 3G on my phone) and although there were facilities for making hot drinks there wasn't any bottled water provided.

Despite my membership status there was no room upgrade offered, no 'free gift' in the room and although there was access to the executive lounge there were no refreshments available on the evening I arrived (apparently this was a 'different package'). All of these features were advertised on the website for loyalty members (Gold Elite) such as myself and as such I was disappointed not to have been offered them. In fact there was nothing complementary about any of the services that I received during the time that I stayed here.

Consequently my impression of the quality of the hotel and level of service that I received left a great deal to be desired. I was actually looking forward to staying, however, I wouldn't be in any hurry to make a return visit. It's essentially a hotel-tower-block, albeit with fine city views and a seemingly over-rated sense of it's own self-importance. All in all it was very ordinary - In fact I've had better stays in alternative chains at a fraction of the price.

If you're thinking of staying here my advice would be to check the listings and go right back to the drawing board, something incidentally that the hotel management here would do very well to consider.

• Stayed July 2014