“Good location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nunthorpe
“Good location”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed 9th November, excellent location and for the money good value, there were no soaps in the bathroom, but were immediately supplied with apologies from staff, enjoyed my stay, very picky negatives, tv in room is old CRT style and poor quality and wife stated the scrambled egg at breakfast was indelible, all in all would return as it's central but not noisy, really near new trinity shopping centre.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
West Yorkshire
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night at the beginning of November. I had requested a high floor room at the end of the corridor away from the lifts and this was granted. We arrived around 6.30 and were quickly checked in. We took advantage of the parking deal the hotel has with Q parks, which is about a 5 minute walk away from the hotel and costs £12 for a 24 hour period which is really good value for Leeds City .

We found the room to be really clean and we had an excellent view of the city from our room. The only criticism was that the tv seemed to be really old and not in keeping with the modern decor in the room but that was only a minor issue.

We went out for a few drinks and then a meal at Jamie's Italian - the hotel is well placed for local bars, restaurants and Trinity Leeds.

We had opted for the breakfast with our room rate and it was delicious - with a good choice of food.

We found the staff in the restaurant and reception to be friendly and helpful.

The only problem we had with the hotel was the lifts seemed to take ages - it can be a long wait if you are on a high floor.

We would definitely stay in this hotel again - it's way better than The Met.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor - great views of the city
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2013

On the 16th and 17th of November I booked my parents into the Park Plaza as a surprise for their 35th Wedding Anniversary. Usually they stay in the Hilton Double Tree (which I must add is AMAZING!) however I thought this would be a nice change and also its supposed to be more upmarket. I WAS WRONG

I was shocked when my parents called me to say the hotel and staff where awful -

The room was DIRTY
Bed sheets RIPPED
Carpets full of DUST
The Bath was MOULDY and had HAIRS in the bottom of it
A HAIR on the PILLOW
Two tiny single beds despite my on the "any special requests section" I stated 35 year wedding anniversary
There was a mix up with the booking name upon their arrival
They took the payment from my parents card rather than mine which was the card I booked on line with
Very NOISEY during the night, fights on the hallway
Smoking in the room next door, therefore drifting into their room
Breakfast was of a POOR STANDARD and not included in the price of £300 for 2 nights!
I complained on the evening of their arrival I spoke with a very UNHELPFUL man named Andreas - he was rude, obnoxious and unhelpful.
Eventually he called me back to offer them a double bed as compensation for all of my complaints however we had already left the hotel for dinner so he allocated the room to another couple.

AN AWFUL 35 YEAR ANNIVERSAY!

3 Thank Heidi-bex
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Hmmm - 'we've upgraded you' they said at reception - I don't think so - two singles badly made with thin duvets - it's flippin' November!!!! And a 1980's TV sellotape repaired at the front

And the room was so cold - warming up now but it's taken 20 minutes...grrr. Ok guy did come up to offer me a fan heater but it all feels a bit amateur. Not good enough really not £100 quids worth on a so called special offer...scrubby is what I call it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Under no circumstances should anyone book this hotel. Myself and my 9 friends booked up in August 2013 for a two night stay in Nov 13. We paid via credit card and the credit card paid the hotel in the normal way. We travelled about 100 miles to the hotel only to be told that our booking had been cancelled by the hotel without any advance notification whatsover. We paid £67 each for the 2 nights but were told on arrival that the booking had been cancelled and if we wanted to stay at the hotel we would have to pay £164 each. The obnoxious arrogant manager refused to accept responsibly or give a reason why the rooms were cancelled and refused to accommodate us even though there were empty rooms at the hotel. All he did was give us a list of other hotels in the area and left it to us to find alternative accommodation, Luckily we eventually found another hotel who bents over backwards to help us and were also appalled at the way we had been treat and even threw in a free breakfast for all of us.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Leigh C
Stamford
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in November on a shopping and concert weekend. We booked a 'superior room which proved my first disappointment. Superior to me implies something better than standard but this is actually their standard room and it is that, standard. The website shows a modern room with flatscreen tv; ours was a little tired with a tv so old that I wondered whether it would have Channel 4. Flatscreen it certainly wasn't.
The flattering 360 degree view on the Site imply something of a decent size but our room was fairly small and dark. There is square footage on the Site but that means nothing to most of us.
On the positive side we asked for and got a very quiet room (avoiding the stage and hens). Staff were attentive and helpful throughout and breakfast was good. Parking was at the Q Park Criteria although it was cheaper to buy a weekend pass from them for 17 gbp where you could come and go all weekend.
Great location next door to Trinity shopping Centre and 10 minutes walk from the excellent new First Direct Arena (great view and acoustics).
Overall, it was okay but there are better rooms available in Leeds for less money

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter. Avoid rooms near lifts
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Not as good as the Queens hotel. Ok but nothing special. Rooms comfortable - rang to ask for robes in each room, was promised them beforehand. but didn't get them in all rooms. Bar not very inviting - barman rude. Booked 4 twin rooms and 3 bedded room - one twin was a disabled room with a sofa bed, not good enough, the rooms were booked months ago. Was given a complimentary breakfast after complaining, but not good enough. Breakfast was disorganised. Will not stay again unless no other choices, prefer premier inn and Queens. Was told by the hotel that a parks weekend parking was £17.00 and to get ticket from office, then overheard other people being charged £12 for weekend car park. To book breakfast over the internet was £17, to book at the hotel the nit before was £8 and to book on the morning was £16 - work that one out!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends