“Perfect location for city views and shopping!”
Review of Park Plaza Leeds

Park Plaza Leeds
Ranked #38 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip. The hotel is VERY difficult to get to by car. Although we found the hotel almost immediately it took over an hour to drive to the small car park next door. Although we called the hotel for directions the man on the front desk was useless and sent us the wrong way! Upon arriving at the hotel the staff were very friendly and upgraded me to a room with a view free of charge.

The room was nice with excellent views over the whole of Leeds. The TV was an old style one though (not flat screen) so that was the only downside.

We ate in the latino-chinese fusion restaurant at the hotel
which was fantastic! The breakfast was served in the same restaurant in the morning and the food choice was vast (hot and cold).

The hotel is located right next to the brand new Trinity shopping centre so is ideal for shopping trips!

• Stayed: June 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (3,165)

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed here whilst in Leeds for a work function and found it very central to everywhere I needed to be. The room was spacious, spotless and had air con which was very welcome as it was the start of our heat wave! Staff were friendly and it was an easy process checking in. The hotel has no parking but an arrangement with a car park a few minutes walk away so it wasn't a major hassle. Will book again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
ParkPlazaOps, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

I do hope you will come and stay with us again soon!

Many Thanks

Reviewed July 29, 2013

On the plus side, the location is very convenient if arriving by train, directly opposite the station. I'd asked for a quiet room and got one on the 15th floor, and it was quiet. And I thought the price was good value. On the downside, it all felt, well, rather tired. The restaurant was shut ("It's Sunday" - don't people in hotels eat on Sundays?). Rooms service was ok, though. The corridors smelled damp, the room was small though adequate, the promised movie channel on the tv didn't work (I think a problem with the tv in my room - in fairness I didn't ask them to fix it as I had enough work to do!) and the free wi fi worked in the evening but not in the morning. At the end of the day, convenience and quiet are probably the key factors for me, so I'd stay again, but not up to the standard of other Park Plazas I've stayed in.

Room Tip: My room on the 15th floor was small but quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear EmptyMirror,

You're right about our location, it is perfect for business or leisure. We are central to all Leeds has to offer!
Our Pan Asian restaurant, Chino Latino is indeed closed on a Sunday but guests are welcome to eat in 'Scene!' bar or as you did yourself, order from the room service menu.
Thank you for your comments, it all goes towards helping improve our guest services.

Many Thanks

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great location right in the city centre. Shame the room wasn't kept clean, I arrived for 5 nights, the first thing I noticed was little blood spatters in the sink, also someone had sat on the white leather seat by the table, the person must have been naked as they had stained the chair (if you know what I mean) if took 2 visits to reception and 2 days to get the chair changed. The little ornate pillow on the bed was ripped, and stayed there throughout my stay. In the lift there are posters saying the restaurant has won awards for their food, I never went into it, I thought that if they cant keep the room clean then why should I spend my money in it. All the staff were very friendly, it was a shame about how clean the room was kept. WHAT A PITY

Room Tip: Ask for a view over City Square
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel is situated in a prime location near bars ,railway station and shops. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and spacious with ample room in the bathroom. Breakfast was well stocked with a wide choice available from cooked to cereal ,juices,fruit and continental breakfast. Will definitely stay here again when I next visit Leeds .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Trevor L,

Many thanks for your review.

I'm so glad you found everything to beto your satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I booked this hotel through Trivago, and got an extremely good weekend rate. I wasn't sure what standard room I would get for that money in Leeds City Centre, but I was not disappointed.
This hotel is modern, the staff were friendly and helpful from the moment I checked in till the moment I checked out. The room was big, spacious, clean and had a great view. Also, air conditioning was a big bonus as it was so warm outside.

I cannot really give any negative comments about this hotel, and it can only recommend it highly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Piano_Dan,

Thank you for your lovely review!

I'm so glad that everything was just right for you and you found our team to be helpful!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We drove from Cardiff, one Bruce Springsteen concert to Leeds, for the next one and I booked this hotel months earlier. What I didn't realise is that you have to book a parking space and when I tried they didn't have any left. There is a car park where you get a "discount" so it costs £12 a night, which needs to be added on to the cost of the room. Whilst it was only a couple of minute walk for us, it certainly wouldn't be for somebody less able I arrived a bit grumpy about this but having said that, the check in staff were so friendly and helpful and the hotel so nice I soon forgot about it. The room, for the price, was very large and comfortable. And despite the parking, the location is right in the city centre so I do appreciate it is difficult to provide parking. I would definitely stay again if I was in Leeds.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear whugirl,

Thank you for your review.
We do have a significantly reduced 24hr car parking offer with nearby Q Park. It is unfortunate that we have only a very small amount of car parking spaces next door to the Hotel but as with many City Centre Hotels, we are unable to provide on site parking for all guests.

It is great to hear that you found our team to be friendly and helpful, I will certainly pass this feedback on!

I do hope you will stay with us again soon.