“shocked by rudeness of staff at breakfast”
Review of Park Plaza Leeds

Park Plaza Leeds
Ranked #40 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 1, 2013

stayed at this hotel on business and have stayed previously . On this stay I was literally gobsmacked by how rude one of the restaurant staff was to me at breakfast. I was totally embarassed I made them aware on checkout but manager could not have cared less was my impression. customer service clearly not a priority at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank wobblywilliams
ParkPlazaOps, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Wobblywilliams,

Please rest assured that customer service is of paramount importance to us. I am sorry if you feel that on this occasion we did not meet our usually excellent standards and your comments are currently being addressed with th relevant department manager.

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza Leeds

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Last minute booking between Christmas and New Year, we used Club Carlson points to get superior room. No view from room, but wasn't worried. Room very comfortable, spacious with all required amenities. Location was the main factor and we found The Park Plaza to fit the bill! Didn't want to drive anywhere, just wanted to shop, see a few sights. eat and drink! Hotel has Asian restaurant and latin cocktails but didn't try it. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Ame 21,

Thank you for your comments! You're right, our location couldn't be better for business or leisure.
I do hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you to Leeds and maybe try our fantastic Pan-Asian restaurant along with one of our tasty cocktails!

Many thanks for your review.

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Second time I have stayed and again large room and spotless cleanliness. This time I ate in the Chino Latino - 3 courses for £20 and each course better than the last ! Excellent value, and a real buzz even at 7 pm. As a single diner I was made to feel most comfortable and service was excellent. This is now my favourite hotel for business in Leads

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 30, 2013

For a modern looking building the rooms need a lot of updating, although they were reasonably clean. The TV was awful, a square box with terrible sound, and the large mirror in the room look as if someone had been thrown against it. Every time someone went in or out of their room, their door banged, therefore giving me a disturbed nights sleep. The staff didn't go out of their way to help or acknowledge you. Very disappointed for a four star rating, I will only give it three stars, although it is in a very central location.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear John F,

All of our 187 bedrooms were refurbished just last year and we believe they have been finished to the highest standards, competetive with any 4 star hotel in the City. All of our TV's are in the process of being updated with 1/3 of the hotel bedrooms already switched over.

Customer service is of the highest importance to us so i am sorry if you found our staff to be anything but helpful and friendly. We carry out regular training with our teams so please rest assured that this kind of feedback is always used to improve our services.

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel really needs to step up its game - the bedrooms were definately not four star and neither were the reception staff. Wont be visiting again. The tables where breakfast was served were not clean and very basic. The bedroom needed a face lift by way of new curtains and the vanity unit in the bathroom looked like it had been ravaged by a dog. Impersonal and rushed reception staff, I found it difficult to understand what the person who checked me was saying as his English was poor. The bar area is the best part and offers a spectacular viewing point to see the prime of Leeds night time revellers after a few too many. Kept us entertained for hours, bar staff friendly and effcient.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Kay B,

I am sorry if you found our reception team to be impersonal. With regards to your comments that one of our team's English was poor, every team member in a customer facing role within the hotel is fluent in English. I can assure you that this feedback is unusual and is currently being investigated by the relevant department head. We do take customer service very seriously and we understand the impact that our team can have on our guest's experience of the hotel, which is why we are constantly looking for ways to inspire our staff to give the best they can at all times.

Thank you for your comments about our newly refurbished and extended bar. It does offer fantastic views of City Square for some people watching!

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My first visit to the Park Plaza Hotel was excellent. The staff could not have been more kind and helpful. The accommodation, albeit in the centre of Leeds, was quiet which is much appreciated.
Myself and my family enjoyed a lovely meal in the restaurant. The surroundings were very pleasant the the food excellent. I will definately stay again and recommend the hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed at the Park Plaza Leeds on business and decided to upgrader to a skyline suite - very good move as the room was very good with fantastic views of the leeds skyline. It also provided me with a lot more room and additonal facilities. The cost for the upgrade was excellent value and would certainly do it again.

Whilst the hotel location was good and the room very impressive, the reception staff where, in my opinion only average and lacked the attention to detail and fully welcoming appraoch experienced in other Park Plaza hotels. That said, it was not enough to runin a good stay

One thing to take into consideration is the fact that the hotel has very limited parking and any change of securing it will require booking in adavance. They do have a link up with a car park a few minutes walk, but not ideal if raining etc.

Room Tip: Look at the upgrades - for £20 you can moake a significant improvement to your room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business