“Gr8 location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Gr8 location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Weve stayed here a couple of times and we havent had a problem with anything rooms are more or less all the same , clean , nice decor , and never had a problem with noise. Breakfast is nice aswell but book it day before as its £10 each but if u want to pay in morning it gors upto £17 each .the location of this hotel is gr8 your near all shopping , railway station and pubs are all round the hotel . We will defo be staying agian .

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed at the Park Plaza Leeds with 2 girlfriends for 2 nights over a weekend. We had a twin room with a sofa bed and still plenty of space in the room. We have found in the past that proper triple rooms are hard to find. Excellent value for money. Great location just across from the train station (as we live in different areas of the country), shops just behind and bars and restaurants a plenty. The train stations in some cities are a way out or in a grotty area but not Leeds. A better location than by the river (in our opinion). We had breakfast and drank in the bar, good choice and good value for a city centre hotel. All in all a pleasure and would definitely go again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ParkPlazaOps, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear PJR50,

Thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I went to stay at the Park Plaza for a work trip. I stayed for 4 days on arrival I was given the keys to my room immediately which was on the 15th Floor. The room was bright and very spacious. The bed was very comfy on my first day at my work meeting I didnt want to get up. The bathroom was clean. I received clean towels everyday and the cleaners were very polite. I had breakfast in the hotel which was nice. Overall I can say that I enjoyed my stay here I have stayed in the Park Plaza before in London and I am never disappointed. I am due to go on another work trip in the middle of April and I look forward to staying here again. Its in a nice location, staff are friendly. I would recommend anyone visiting Leeds to stay at the Park Plaza

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Cougscsw85,

Thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel and our team!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

we had a 2 night weekend booking, found a clean and pleasant large room with comfortable bed. Staff were helpful and courteous. great range of options at breakfast, but had run out of a couple of things when we were there. parking an issue but this seems general in city centre. staff gave helpful map to find it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

After staying in a so called "Superior" room at the Park Plaza my partner and I were left feeling extremely dissapointed by our stay. The problems we encountered were:

1. Very small room,
6. Movies didn't work on the TV (even after notifying reception),
7. Mug was stuck to the tray for tea & coffee facilities (very dirty!!),
8. Not enough tea and coffee facilities provided,
9. Fixtures coming off the wall in the bathroom,
10. Not enough bathroom facilities (only enough shampoo & shower gel for 1 person),
11. Cracks and general damage in the bath,
12. Curtains did not keep out the ight in the morning - I was woken at sunrise!!
13. Overall the room & furniture looked very old and worn.

I cannot see how this hotel get's 4 stars, I have genuinely stayed at Premier Inn for half the price and received the same standard of facilities in a much cleaner room.

Had I paid full price and not gone through one of the last minute websites for this room I would have been demanding at least some of my money back and this review would have been a lot worse.

I would not reccomend this hotel to anybody, there were 2 good things about it. The staff were nice and it is very close to the train station. Everything else was below par and over priced!! I would suggest that the owners of this hotel visit somewhere like the Mecure St Pauls hotel in Sheffield to see what 4 star hotels actually look like!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 369ChrisC
Dear 369ChrisC,

Your comments regarding housekeeping are currently being addressed. We do take the cleanliness and upkeep of our hotel very seriously.
Thank you for your positive comments about our team. We pride ourselves on customer service and this kind of feedback is always appreciated.
Our location is fantastic for business or leisure, just a minute from the train station and the new Trinity shopping complex.

Many Thanks for your review
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a two night weekend booking, the hotel is in a great location the rooms were clearly decorated to a good, trendy standard and the views are amazing. Sadly the attention to detail is really lacking, it looks tired, tatty and lack lustre. Our room had torn curtains, dirty furniture, cup marks on work surfaces, a filthy basin, junk in the wardrobe and a blood stained, mucus mark on the bathroom wall! When we raised these issues they wanted us to come back for an upgraded stay, we wanted them to pay our parking and have an end to it (which would have been infinitely cheaper for them at £24!). They said no, so did we! If you can't get it right the first time! Poor value and one to very definitely avoid!!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear HonestNursey,

Your comments regarding housekeeping issues are currently being addressed. Our bedroom cleanliness is taken very seriously and if we fell below our usual excellent standards on this occasion, then i apologise.
I'm sorry if you felt our offer of an upgraded stay to be insufficient, unfortunately the car park we recommend to guests staying at the hotel is provided by an external company, therefore guest's payments are processed directly to them.

Thank you for taking the time to review us.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as were meeting friends in Leeds great location very central and very near train station no car parking but one fairly nearby for a price of 12 pound for 24 hours

Check in no problem room rate was room only and was a superior double average room big bed quite comfortable but room not cleaned thoroughly enough quite dusty and carpets not hoovered very old television with limited channels and reception bathroom ok but again not cleaned very well

Overall fine for one night due to great location

• Stayed May 2012
Dear natalieMH,

Your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room are currently being looked into, if we fell short of our usual excellent standards on this occasion then i apologise. Rest assured that the standards of our bedrooms are taken very seriously.
Our TV's are currently in the process of being updated, 1/3 of the hotel bedrooms have already been changed over with the rest due to follow shortly.

Many Thanks for your review.