“Overnight Stay”

Park Plaza Leeds
Ranked #39 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the Park Plaza for an overnight stay and was very impressed with my time there. The room was very clean and rather spacious too, the staff were all very polite and helpful. I ordered room serice and this was also a fantastic. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to frielnds/family

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 13, 2013

What a shock, I had high expectations of this hotel. My room was dirty, I stay away with work a lot and have a tolerance to some mishaps but below is a lst of my room faults:
Multiple hairs in the bath
Cheap nylon carpet that gave enough electric charge to power Leeds!
Dirty coffee stained spoons and cups, clearly nt been washed since last guest
No tea only coffee
Tatty dressing wins - if they are frayed to that extent, don't offer them
Smelly towels
Cold room- I had to ask for a heater
Old fashioned box style tv, poor reception and only a handful of channels

Only positive- staff friendly. I would nt stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kate S
ParkPlazaOps, Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

We have receeved no complaints about this room while the guest was in house or on check out, if the room was of such poor quality we would have dealt with it accordingly.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

so convenient from the train station. within 5 minutes of arriving in leeds we were through check in at the hotel and ready to commence the days activities. apart from the ease and convenience the hotel is a great place to stay. very comfortable rooms, plenty of space. excellant breakfast that sets you up for the day.all in all a great choice. will be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights over a very snowy weekend. The hotel is in a prime location, very close to the train station and great views over the city. Comfortable and clean room and quiet considering it was right in the city centre. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night last weekend and I am sad to say it was a pretty awful experience. We booked an executive room for myself, my aunt and my 80 year old grandmother. As a treat we went for the executive option but there was absolutely NOTHING executive about the room...on arrival check-in was a drawn out process as they had mixed the rooms up and were telling us we had booked two rooms, which we hadn't. It took about 20 minutes to get up to our room, due to the fact that there are only two lifts serving the 187 rooms. On arrival at our room we discovered it wasn't set out how we had requested it to be twice the previous week, but the staff came and changed the room around for us which was fine...

Until further inspection of our room where we found the hairdryer didn't work, the mirror wasn't attached properly, the lights in the bathroom weren't working, the curtains were hanging off. I tried to make a cup of tea and the milk came out in one solid clump. Then WORST of all, my Grandmother found a bloody tissue and a used plaster in the side drawer with an old room card dated two weeks earlier.

The general cleanliness of the hotel was disgusting really, pizza boxes and huge open rubbish bags strewn all through the corridors. I understand hotels need to change the rooms over but this is usually done a little more discretely.

We weren't expecting the Ritz, but for £150 we were all extremely disappointed and felt mislead by believing we would be in an executive room, if that was executive I dread to think what the standard rooms are like.

Its in a good location right next to the train station but overall I would say look for something else as I'm sure there's better deals to be had in cleaner hotels.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FloraMc
ParkPlazaOps, Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

The issues raised in these comments are being investgated as during the clients stay at the hotel I have received no negative comments regarding such failings.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is an excellent hotel in the city centre and ideal for business. The rooms are very comfortabe and have wi fi access.I have stayed in this hotel on a number of occasions and have never had any need to complain. I do not look anywhere else when I need a hotel in Leeds

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the positive comments regarding the hotel.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed here in Jan this year we loved it the room was spacious and clean, hotel was in a great location with easy parking right by town centre. We got use of the executive lounge with our room which was amazing with free drinks and snacks they really looked after us. Breakfast was very nice so much choice just wish I could have fitted more in. I am defiantly staying here next time I go to Leeds.

• Stayed: January 2013