Park Plaza Leeds
$70
$75
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Leeds(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$60
$58
$95
  • Restaurant
Novotel Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$65
$62
$80
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Leeds East(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$47
Roomzzz Leeds City West(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$80
$60
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Cosmopolitan Hotel(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$55
$49
3,226 results
All reviewschino latinotrain stationq parkcentral locationexcellent locationtrinity centregood sizeroom was spaciousreception staffbars and restaurantsbusiness tripbooked this hotelstayed here for one nightgood nights sleepfloortoiletriesnightlife
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went to the Hotel for a weekend. Rooms looked alright from the first impression, though they got the basics wrong. The bed has a cheaply mattress and only one flat pillow per person, no second one in the wardrobe and no bathrobe to go to reception after realizing that there is just one pillow each.
The rooms are very basic. No deco really and all the hotel leaflets that were around looked already well used. The phone which was in the room was pretty old and of the sort that with the age the plastic gets a yellow touch.
There is no real TV in the room. It's a kind of a bigger PC screen and it has a keyboard. As we didn't watch TV I cannot comment on Chanel's.
Cleanliness gets also not much more than two stars. The water tap had some horrible brown soap scum on it. Also the toiletroll holder had seen cleaner days.
The most annoying thing about the room was the shower. The water pressure for warm water was so low that even a slim person needed to move from left to right to actually get properly wet.

Something to notice and not important to everyone, there is no shower cap and can also not be obtained from reception.

Breakfast was really ok and staff was friendly. The buffet had a good range of cereals, pastries, bread and hot food.

In summary. Location is central which is a plus and breakfast was good. The rooms though lacked on cleanliness and basic things like enough water pressure and a second pillow per person. As that is important to me, I would not revisit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank linchensternchen
ParkPlazaOps, Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

In respect of the review, we have received no complaints or comments regarding this commentary, we will always rectify any issues if we are informed of them. Enhanced toiletries and robes are availbale in the executive roooms. We have no reports of poor water pressure, as it is a central system the whole hotel would have been affected, which is not the case.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The room was a double one, quite spacious enough for two. Its in the middle of the city but were on the 9th floor so we can't hear much the bustling of vehicles and the people partying. Its got a good view of the city at day time and at night. Close to a lot of nice restaurants and fast foods. Just few steps walk away. The room is very conducive to sleep in and very clean and smell fresh. Staff are very accommodating, been there twice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the positive review, we also have our own award winning Chino Latino restaurant in the hotel.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I booked the hotel for business and to also catch up with some friends whilst I was in the area, and was on a very tight time schedule. You can imagine the horror when I was just about to get in the shower and saw the previous residents pubic hairs in the bath! Following this when I was brushing my teeth both beakers in the bathroom were dirty. I cleaned the bath and cups myself, got ready and went to my meeting. When I wrote to the hotel the next morning following checkout, they told me I should have allowed them to rectify the issue at thew time! well I'm sorry but this comment just isn't very logical or helpful to me when I was just about to get in the shower!

When I got into bed following my evening out, I noticed my sheets were ripped and the TV signal was awful, I was so tired after my hectic day, I wasn't going to ring down and get the sheets changed, someone come to my room and fiddle with the arial or get a room change. So I decided to leave it and complain the next morning.

When I checked out, I handed in my key card and thought there were that many complaints about the room (in addition, the massive scratch on the headboard which looked tatty and unsightly) that I would write them an email summing up my experience and request my money back due to my disappointment.

A week and a bit later after liaising with the PA of the general manager and the operations manager endlessly,they were still very insistant I should have complained at the time so they could rectify my issues and I they still won't give me back a refund for the room, instead offering me a free room upgrade next time I stayed - As if I would stay in a shabby room, with a rubbish tv signal, dirty bathroom with pubic hairs included, ripped sheets and dirty cups at the park plaza again.

The attitude towards my complaint was terrible and very inflexible, they seemed to dig their heels in regarding a reasonable refund request. The hotel was a real disappointment and I would not recommend the park plaza in Leeds to anyone. Steer clear.

Incidentely I have just booked 20 rooms at a hotel for colleagues and business associates for a conference in Leeds, NOT at the park plaza......

Room Tip: Don't bother staying here
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sunshinestars4
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed here on Boxing Day , we were made to feel very welcome as we have been on the many times we have stayed here before. When we stay in Leeds we always stay at the Park Plaza , when we arrived this time I'm not sure why but we got agree upgrade which was a lovely suprise

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Kazsmiffy
ParkPlazaOps, Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you for the response, our executive rooms have additional floor space, enhanced toiletries including robes and double aspect views over the city.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in early January and was very impressed. I stayed on a high floor and had views looking towards the station.

The hotel is two minutes from the station which for me was ideal. It is also a similar distance to the shopping area. The greeting at reception was warm and the initial impression was of a clean, modern reception area.

The room was spacious, with a good sized double bed, which was very comfortable. There was a working desk with modern television and plenty of room to work. The television had a good selection of channels. The temperature control worked well and kept my room heated to my desired level.

The bathroom was clean and well stocked. There was a bathtub and shower.

Although I didn't use it there was an attractive modern bar next to the reception which appeared modern and, in keeping with the reception area, had a red theme throughout.

I can't comment on the food as I wasn't up early enough for breakfast and ate out in the evenings.

All in all, I left the hotel with a feeling of wanting to return in the future. The title of this review sums up my feelings overall.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael M
ParkPlazaOps, Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for the response regarding the hotel and its facilities.