“Excellent City Centre Hotel Close To Everything”
Review of Park Plaza Leeds

Park Plaza Leeds
Ranked #39 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed here on Business in August 2012 and was highly satisfied with the service and quality of the hotel. Check in was fast and pleasant and room was clean and spacious. A good nights sleep was essential to ensure I was at my best the next day for an important presentation and this was received. The room was quite and the bed was very comfortable. This is now my third visit this year and always the same high service is received. Breakfast is always good and again service with a smile. The location of the hotel is outstanding, especially if arriving by train. It is close to the station and the entertainment and restuarants near by are plentiful. I will certainly be visiting again soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great hotel - within walking distance to the Railway Station, shopping areas, bars and restaurants. Staff welcoming, food excellent, rooms clean and comfortable. My room was at the side of the hotel, which was quiet. Mini bar was filled every day. Will definitely stay here again!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have booked the Park Plaza in Leeds, after reading the reviews in Tripadvisor and was ranked 7th in Leeds.
I was very disappointed !
The hotel is one of the worst I have ever stayed.
I don’t know where to start ...
The room looks half updated, it’s quite spacious but the TV in my room was so small and so old, didn’t work properly, no iron (but has the iron board), the bed was so unconfortable, the air conditioning didn’t work properly, so the room was really hot.
The bathroom looks recently updated, but I had to leave the hot water open for long time before have some hot water in the shower, no shower cap.
The breakfast, was really poor ... better to have somewhere outside, for the price they charge.
And the service ... terrible.
I would not stay in this hotel again.

2  Thank TravelLeeds
ParkPlazaOps, Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

I am currently investigating the issue's raised by the trip comment, we have recently completed a full refurbsihment of all of the bedrooms and we are unaware of any air con issue's recently.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Disappointed really. Took 25mins at reception for check in. Only 1 lift out of 3 working so took over 20mins to get up to room. When we got there there were no cups, glasses had been dried with what looked like toilet roll - still stuck to them. Complimentary water was one quarter full from previous residents. Two large cracks in window. Then air conditioning broke. Oh dear. Having said all that it was OK really in the end.

Room Tip: Building works going on along one side. Bit noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OpinionsDurham

Thank you for your feedback, we did have some issue's with the lifts over this weekend in question which were out of our control although we had engineers on site to rectify the issues as soon as possible. I have instigated an investigation regarding the housekeeping standards and the air con systems. At the Park Plaza we do however rectify any issue's raised and none of these issue's were notified to ourselves during the above respondants stay.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We first stayed in this hotel about a year ago and really enjoyed it so when we decided to come to Leeds again for the weekend it was an easy choice to make for accommodation, we didn't bother looking elsewhere. Easy to find whether by car or train, friendly check-in, good rooms, excellent location for both nightlife and shopping, it ticks all of our boxes.
Rooms are well equipped and although not massive are big enough. We had breakfast at the hotel which was excellent, good choices of food. If I was being really really picky then more choice of eggs other than just scrambled would have been ideal but that's a very minor point.
Staff throughout the hotel are always very courteous, polite and helpful.
When checking out it's done very quickly and efficiently and on the previous occasion left our bags to pick up later which was a real bonus to us.
Overall it's an excellent choice for a weekend away and next time we're thinking about dining in the hotel to see what that's like.

Room Tip: I think we were on the 13th floor and it was very quiet, couldn't hear any traffic or trains fro...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Park Plaza offers well priced City Centre accommodation. My third stay here and again not disappointed. Greeted with a friendly smiIe upon check in and I was able to check in earlier than the allocated time. The room was clean and well maintained.
I had to miss breakfast as I checked out at 05:00hrs, the staff at that time in the morning were exceptionally helpful and cheerful.
A hotel of choice and superbly placed for the station and Leeds City Centre facilities.

Room Tip: Corner suites are very spacious, but the standard rooms are still more than adequate
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I've been staying at the Park Plaza almost every week for the last 8-9 months. I've chosen Park Plaza for its location, its proximity to the train staton, busses & not least restaurants/ entertainment in Leeds,
By now I know most of the staff at the front desk, and they are all very freindly and smiling upon my arrival.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
ParkPlazaOps, Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you, we are located in the heart of the business district right in the city centre.