“A great central hotel”

Park Plaza Leeds
Ranked #39 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed at the park plaza in June with a group of friends. Staff were very accommodating and friendly at check in and the room was lovely with amazing views of Leeds. This hotel is brilliant for shopping and night life as both where within walking distance. i cant wait to visit again and i couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: corner rooms have duel aspect windows with great views.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I found Park Plaza Leeds to be easily accessible, with close proximity to the train station and nearby restaurants and pubs. When I got into the room I discovered my cloths were rumpled only to discover an iron and board available. It was a neat and spacious room, and I was at the 15th floor so I had a good view of part of the town. I stepped out for dinner else where, only to discover that Park Plaza inhabits the best city restaurant. Well, I wasn't informed on time, maybe customers should be informed after making bookings. For the price, I feel it was a good buy and I will definitely visit again. I couldn't use the swimming pool or gym due to renovation work going on

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel's location is perfect, very close to railway station and the city center as well as the bus stops. Our room was in the 10th floor and when the window was closed we didnt' hear a thing from the streets; actually we didn't hear anything from the corridor or other rooms either. The room was clean and the spacious bathroom had all the basic stuff. It was nice that the mirrors stayed clear even after shower. We didn't use the restaurants or the bar this time. I can recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates the modern hotel and the location right in the heart of the city.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I generally stay there once a year for business. The staff are always helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and much larger than normal for a business hotel. The views from the higher floors are amazing.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
ParkPlazaOps, Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Our recently refurbished suites have excellent panoramic views over the city, why not try one when you stay in Leeds?

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Looking for just an overnight stop in Leeds I wasn't looking to break the bank so looked for a reasonably priced centrally located hotel. The Park Plaza ticked all the boxes with reasonable rates and a great location close to the train station.

My room was a clean and spacious double with great city views and the amenities were first rate. However my stay went from average to exceptional when I decided to eat at the hotels pan-Asian restaurant Chinos and was treated to a real culinary feast. Having been persuaded by the restaurant manager, I left my ordering up to him. Not something I'd normally do but he convinced he would pick things that I wouldn't normally order but would enjoy. He couldn't have been more right. From the first starter of California Rolls to the chocolate sushi to finish I couldn't have enjoyed a meal more. Thanos (restaurant manager) was exceptional and made sure the quality of the food and service were first class.

I can honestly say checking out was one of the hardest decisions I've made. I look forward to the next time I'm travelling through Leeds again so I can stop off, it really was amazing and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for your comments, Chino Latino recently won the best city centre restaurant in Leeds.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was my first stay at the park plaza leeds. It is a lovely hotel and the room was very spacious and clean. The hotel is in a great location for Leeds city centre and the local night life!
I did'nt try the restaurant but I understand that the reviews are excellent! I would definately go back to stay at this hotel

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for the comments, our Chino Latino restaurant recently won the best city centre restaurant award, we always recommend that you reserve a table so you are not disappointed.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

As titled stayed one night, couldn't fault it in any way. Clean, straight opposite yraon station, slept sound-no urban city noise heard, breakfast good. Had dinner at Jamies Italian-5 mins walk away-lovely, lunch at Nation of shopkeepers-7 mins walk away-fab too.

• Stayed: June 2012