“I'd really like this pub to be better!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Fox & Grapes

The Fox & Grapes
Ranked #728 of 1,791 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The newly refurbished Fox & Grapes is a popular country pub, offering a food menu packed with tasty British favourites and a drinks range featuring a great range of ales. Whether you just want to relax by the real open fire or enjoy a three-course meal with friends and family, it's an ideal destination for all. We're situated on the busy A64 (York Road), just seven miles from Leeds City Centre.
North Yorkshire, UK
“I'd really like this pub to be better!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I'd love to love this pub. It's close to my home, it's cozy, nicely done out, I love the smell of the open fire, they have some good deals on food. But every time I've been the service has been ridiculously slow, and last time we visited (a normal Wednesday lunchtime ) it was a catalogue of errors; we ended up having to order at the bar as waitress forgot about us for both mains and deserts , they didn't have all the dishes on the menu, food took ages to arrive, they forgot one of our meals, the food wasn't even all that good when it did come. And no word of apology from the member of staff who took our payment, not even a thank you for our custom.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Good food good price on a Monday because your main meals are all at half price. Be careful with the extras though! you pay full for them.
There was 17 in our party and only me and my husband wanted a Starter so I asked her to bring the other main meals when they were ready, the waitress didn't understand and held our starter back and brought it with all the main meals including ours! we got our starter at the same time. This was really bad so be careful and explain well.

• Visited January 2013
leeds
“Terrible.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

This has to be worst so called "gastro" pub I've ever been to!

I visited the fox and grapes with my work colleagues in mid dec. The food and service was by far the worst I've ever received. These guys are a joke and the food wasn't suitable for a vulcher. pictures to follow...

2 Thank MatthewLeeds
“Appalling meal - Real reviews???”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

The most appalling meal, we met up for a family Xmas meal this week and sent 14 of our 18 meals back!

I doubt the reviews on here can possibly be real.

My confidence in management = 0.

York, United Kingdom
“Avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Our visit to this restaurant for our family annual Christmas get together can only be described as a total disaster food wise.On entering the restaurant we were informed that a great majority of the meals in the menu could not be cooked due to technical reasons.It would have been more acceptable if we were per warned as we had booked the table well in advance.the starters were passable but the mains had to be seen to be believed.After a lengthy wait we were served with what can only be described as an insult.As we had ordered a variety of meals it was not unreasonable to expect at least one (out of 12) to be edible.Not so.We showed the manager what had been served to us who to his credit immediatly wiped them off the bill.Potatoes were so old they were grey inside.Yorkshire puddings were warmed up aunt Bessie's (1each)slices of beef could not be cut for gristle.Gravy was watered down.The pies served up were rock hard and totally dry inside. I could go on but I am sure you get the picture.This was a total disgrace.

1 Thank john-and-mandy