Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
$129
$69
$95
  • Restaurant
Novotel Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$65
CrownePlaza.com
$89
$79
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Leeds East(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$47
HIExpress.com
Cosmopolitan Hotel(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$53
1,206 results
All reviewsbusiness parkgirls nightfresh milk in the fridgean industrial estaterelaxing breakrobes and slipperslovely hoteldressing gownssteam room and saunacoffee machinelittle toucheshen dogreat facilitiesgood sizebirthday treatfantastic staywould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Incredibly thoughtful little touches made this stay a unique and lovely experience. The staff were ridiculously friendly, the large selection of food for breakfast was of a high quality and the spa relaxing and uplifting. Wonderful place to stay for a relaxing break away from the city or on business in the park.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2010

Delighted to hear you had a great experience and were able to ‘chill out’ in the Spa and enjoyed the Breakfast menu.

As part of a family company we work hard to make sure that we do stand out from the average corporate hotel, and I am delighted to read that you were able to recognise this during your stay.

The team are always pleased to know that their efforts have been recognised, so thank you very much for your feedback

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 29, 2010

Location is out of the city centre but a great base for exploring the area. Hotel and spa are excellant, our room had a speareate seating area, large bathroom and was lovely. The restaurant is fantastic we had a great meal topped off with excellant customer service. Breakfast was to the same high standard with as much as you wanted. All staff were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend eating in the hotel rather than going out to a restaurant. Take advantage of one of the offers.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2010

I’m delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay and thank you for such fabulous feedback. The team will be delighted to know their efforts have been recognised.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warmest Regards,
Gordon Jackson, General Manager

Reviewed June 19, 2010

I'm writing this review from our room on the third floor, and have been relatively impressed by our trip to this hotel, whilst on business in the area.
First and foremost, it's in the middle of a commercial park, so there's obviously not much of a buzz in the surrounding area at the weekend. We were here at the weekend, and we knew it was in the middle of nowhere, but got a reasonable rate, and the reviews seemed good.
We arrived on Friday night at 8:45pm after a four-hour drive only to find nobody at reception, but after a quick phone call we were met by the very friendly receptionist (who seems to have been tending to reception for the entire duration of our stay! She said goodnight as we left the bar on Friday night, and brought breakfast to our room on Saturday morning at 7am!)
The deal we had gave us bed and breakfast for two nights, and dinner on one evening for £279. It worked out well for us, and we had dinner on Saturday night. We'd initially booked the table for 8pm, but we were both exhausted after a long day, so we asked reception if they could pull our reservation back to 7pm. Without checking, we were told that it wouldn't be possible, as the restaurant was fully booked now, right up until 9pm.
So, after having a couple of drinks in the bar at 5pm, we asked one of the waiting staff the same question, who said they were busier at 8pm, and it'd suit them to bring it forward to 7pm.
Of course, when we went down for dinner the restaurant was empty - just three tables were sat down.
I wish I could tell you our waiters name (I think it might've been Michael?), because he made the evening for us. He was super-attentive (as were his colleagues, but he really made a difference), and made us feel spoiled.
The food didn't disappoint either - we had generous portions, and we were surprised to discover that we could have anything from the menu, with any number of side-dishes, at no additional cost - and there were no surcharges for having the steak or tiger prawns... Smashing!
And while we're talking about the staff, it's not always about the prim and proper well turned-out staff... It was coming on for midnight when I called down to reception to ask if I could email them something and have them print it out.
"Sorry sir, I'm just the night porter, but if you come down here and show me what to do, we'll try and get you sorted out."
Before you know it I'm down at reception with the night porter, Ian, and I'm showing him how to print off a PDF file (which really saved my bacon the next morning). It's these little things that really make a difference, isn't it?
The spa facilities were fine, although the gents showers had all the fixings for shower gel bottles, but they'd all been removed for some reason, which wasn't great, considering my hair was full or chlorine.
The room wasn't huge, and couldn't really have been any smaller, although it did have a two-seater sofa by the window (and an awkward step that went from the sleeping area down to the desk/sofa which you completely forget about at 4am when you get up to close the window!
The most important aspect of a hotel room, for me at least, is the shower. It's what gets me ready for the day ahead, and I get really cheesed-off when you get nothing more than a dribble to start your day. Well, you can rest-assured that, whilst it doesn't blow you away, the water pressure is fine at The Thorpe Park Hotel.
So, to summarise, the hotel is in the middle of a commercial park, with very attentive staff, tasty food, and reasonable rooms.
Finally, I'd stay here again if I had business in the area without giving it a second thought.
Oh, nearly forgot - there's wireless internet access throughout the hotel - in the bars, and in our room, but I found the initial login process incredibly unresponsive every time I opened my laptop and tried to login. Once I'd eventually managed to enter my voucher access code (supplied by reception for each laptop you've got), internet access was uninterrupted, and fast. But I had to wait on the airangel.com server authenticating me on each startup for as long as 2-10 minutes (on a couple of occasions I had to give up). Worth bearing in mind, when you've got an important email to send.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2010

Thank you for a very thorough report and I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay, despite the mix up with dining times - we must work to get that right in future!

It was Michael who served you in the Restaurant, and Louise on Reception, they amongst others, always try their hardest to please, thank you for recognising them all.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2010

I have stayed for the 'girls night in' package a few times with friends and always enjoyed it. I recently did the 'girls night in' package with my 6 year old daughter and I want to say what a fantastic experience the hotel gave my daughter. Tegan was treated like a princess with her own special bathrobe & goody bag and she also was able to order milk & cookies for bed. All the staff at hotel are friendly and polite and nothing is too much trouble. The food is delicious and the rooms are clean, comfortable and very tasteful. I have booked for October & December and cannot wait. A huge thank you Thorpe Park,
I travel frequently with work and stay in the larger chain hotels and can honestly say that not one of them come close to the excellant service you recieve at Thorpe Park

• Stayed: May 2010
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson,General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2010

Many thanks for your kind comments. It is always gratifying to receive such positive feedback; the team find it very motivational.

I am delighted to hear your daughter enjoyed her birthday treat and we look forward to your return later this year.

Warmest regards

Reviewed May 29, 2010

We have stayed in the Shire Hotel chain twice now. There is a real committment to customer service that is friendly and discrete. The local resourcing of produce in the restarants adds real quality to the overall experience.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family