“Excellent hotel”

Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Great hotel, modern and friendly. Well appointed, spotlessly clean rooms. Good powerful shower and separate bath. King size very comfortable bed, fresh milk in fridge for tea (rather than those horrid long life things you get in most places) and complimentary bottles of water. Pool is beautiful and steam room and sauna were spacious. Evening meal was good and served very quickly and efficiently. Great breakfast. Excellent 4* hotel couldn't fault anything.
Great location, out of city but easy from motorway we got a taxi into Leeds and it cost approx. £10 each way.

Room Tip: We had room 315 and it was lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay with us and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park soon
Gordon Jackson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)

Reviewed June 10, 2014

My daughter and myself went here for my birthday surprise. The room was excellent we had a suite. We had dinner bed and breakfast and the food was wonderful. We had a spa day and that was good also. The staff were so helpful and nothing was too much trouble. I would diffinitely recommend the weekend package if you want to relax and be pampered. I would like to thank all the staff for their kindness on making my birthday so special. Also a big thank you to Louise. We are going back again in August for a spa day.

Room Tip: The suites are wonderful at the end of the corridor so very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 2012Barbara

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us, Louise and all my team were delighted to receive such positive feedback. I very much look forward to seeing back at Thorpe Park in August

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

My 3 best friends and I always have a weekend away every year. This year it was Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa in Leeds. We were a bit dubious when we approached by an office park estate, but the hotel was modern, well thought out, and welcoming.
We went into the beautiful internal courtyard for coffee and cake, whilst waiting for our rooms to be ready (we were very early). At 12:45 I popped to reception to find that not only were our interconnecting rooms ready, but the receptionist remembered my name.
The rooms are great. More than comfortable with lovely beds, settee, coffee table, TV, and Bose sound system. En suite was well thought out and the whole ambience of the room was great. We had a 'Girls night In' we booked, and we had a gift pack left on each bed containing spa slippers, nail file, nail varnish, face and eye creams, and lip balm. Fabulous!
The pool area was lovely, and we spent some time relaxing there. We didn't have any treatments as found them a little expensive.
Our table was booked in the restaurant for 7pm, and I can honestly say I have never tasted food so good. It was amazing. I had pork wrapped in pancetta and it was so succulent.
Staff could not be more helpful. We found out your 2nd tea or coffee in the courtyard area is half price, well worth it. Would recommend this hotel without hesitation, and I wrote to the General Manager to tell him so! Received a lovely reply too.
We will definitely return.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank LoobyLoo21

Thank you for your lovely review you have posted and the wonderful feedback you sent direct to me, its the best part of my job when I hear how much our guests enjoy spending time at the Hotel. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park soon

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Thorpe Park cannot readily be faulted if you are there on business (almost certainly!), food and accommodation are both good, but it is a soulless corporate box. Well placed just off J46 of the M1, and on the edge of a large business park (right next to a major IBM site), it can be recommended for business travellers, but those wishing to enjoy a 'Yorkshire experience' should look elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Thank you for your comments about our Hotel. I must admit I was surprised to hear you describe us as a 'Soulless Corporate Box'. We are very proud of the service that all our guests receive whether they are visiting us for corporate or leisure purposes and we are so fortunate to receive such wonderful feedback from so many people who visit us for many different reason. We are in Leeds and I am extremely confident that the vast majority of people visiting our hotel most definitely enjoy a Yorkshire experience. I would be really keen to discuss further with you exactly what you felt was lacking from your stay with us, and please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel at any time.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed here on sat 24th May for one night, and chose to go for the Girls night out package for our group of 4. We were not disappointed. The room was a good size with mini fridge with bottles of water and milk provided, sofa and even a comfy reclining chair. The spa was great with pool, steam room and jacuzzi. The package included an evening meal in the restaurant which also included cocktails to share with your party and half of bottle of wine. We opted for a jug of cosmopolitan and half a bottle of rose each. We were also given a £35 meal allowance which was very generous and we didn't go over this. We ordered a 3 course meal each, the steak was superb and we even asked for icecream to be delivered to our room. We were also assigned our own waiters which made the service really good. We also were given a list of unlimited rom com dvds to watch so picked a selection from this - even though there was no way we could have watched all of them. In the morning we also had breakfast included in the package, and they had a large selection of cereals, cooked breakfasts and drinks. The package was well worth the money, and will save to come back another time.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Shirbrill

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay on our Girls Night Out, it has now become one of our most popular packages and its so encouraging to hear such fantastic feedback. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park Hotel soon

Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in January as part of a group of 12 for my friends hen party.. We opted for the "Girls night in" package.

The hotel looks great, really impressive and our room was a decent size with a small lounge area! The bathroom was fab, really modern!

The spa was ok.. It was a Saturday afternoon so it was busy, couldn't get in the sauna or jacuzzi and there were loads of kids splashing around in the pool.. Not very relaxing!! Can't fault the facilities though all clean and modern!
Had a treatment too which was awful but not the hotels fault!

Evening meal was amazing, we had a private area away from the restaurant which really made the evening.. Thanks to the event manager who arranged this for us! We had a set menu but there was loads to choose from. We also had wine and a cocktail as part of the package. After dinner we sat in the main bar which was nicely busy.. Drinks were about what you'd expect to pay in a nice hotel.

Had a peaceful nights sleep and breakfast the next morning was delicious.. LOTS to choose from and you could go up a couple of times.

Check out was smooth and we got a little beauty goody bag.. Would highly recommend for a girly weekend!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katesx
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Thank you for your comments about your Girls Night In with us, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and were well looked after by my team. Our Girls packages are extremely popular and you should look at our Girls Night Out option for your next visit. I look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park soon, and hopefully you can bring to my attention the issue you had with your treatment

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for the weekend on the 16th May with friends to celebrate my 40th birthday. From the moment we checked in on the Fri to leaving on the Sun it was perfect. All the staff were so friendly it was refreshing. They were so polite, helpful, welcoming, I could go on....... I had the best birthday ever in one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The spa was wonderful and so were all the treatments, we will definitely be coming back. I would just like to say a massive thank you to Lee in reservations for arranging the accommodation, I know this was not easy as some rooms had to be booked last minute. Lee you were superb at organising us all. I would also like to thank Michael in the restaurant for doing a brilliant job during the meal, the food was wonderful. Counting the days to my next visit.

Room Tip: Room 232 was a lovely quiet suite
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lowe2014

Thank you for comments, I am delighted that you chose to celebrate your 40th with us. I will certainly be passing on your comments to Lee and Michael, who has been with us since opening 12 years ago. All my team will be really encouraged to receive such positive feedback. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park soon.