“Lovely evening” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Brighouse, United Kingdom
“Lovely evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Even if I was one of these people who likes to complain, I don't think I could here. The food is one of the best meals I have had and the spa and rooms are great. Would highly recommend to anyone. It's in a nice location to get to as it isn't directly in leeds centre.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us, I am delighted you enjoyed the facilities we have at the hotel and I will certainly be sharing your comments with all my team
Gordon Jackson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Bawtry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

been to this hotel a lot recently with business and always been impressed. Staff are very efficient and professional and the food is great. Very good value. The pool is excellent as is the gym (albeit pretty busy first thing and around 6-8pm as it's also used by the locals. Rooms are spacious and always clean. Good sized shower. Free wifi connection is always welcome for business visitors...never understand how other hotels get away with charging?

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us, my team will be really encouraged to hear such positive feedback. Hopefully you will continue to stay with us in the future.
yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

This is the 3rd time we have stayed here now. It really is a wonderful place. It's our little haven we go to for a bit of us time.
Food is delicious and the staff are equally as great.
Service and attention to detail is just perfect.
Bar is comfy and welcoming and the rooms they are just so comfortable.
Have booked to return in February for my birthday.
Can't wait to go back, counting down the days in fact..
See you soon. :)

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us, I am delighted that you enjoy spending time in our hotel, and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park for your birthday celebrations
Derbyshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

We went to this hotel for a New Year break. We chose it because of a previous stay at another of their hotels.
I didn't disappoint. The minute that we arrived we were made to feel welcome and valued. The room was exceptional, everything that one could want; plenty of space and cupboards; a fridge with water and fresh milk; real coffee, nice biscuits and a lovely selection of goodies in the bathroom.
We stayed for 2 nights including New Year's Eve when there was a gala dinner and party. We were served champagne and delicious canapes before the main event. All through the evening the staff checked that all was well and really seemed to care that everyone had a lovely time.
At check out, they knew immediately who we were and again asked if we had enjoyed our stay.
we didn't use the spa, but it looked like those who did loved their experience.
The hotel is situated in an industrial estate, so don't expect pretty views - but, that really doesn't seem to matter.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thankyou for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us during the New Year. I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and were well looked after by my team.
Hopefully we will be welcoming you back to us soon and you must take advantage of our excellent Spa facilities next time.
All the best for the New Year
Yorkshire, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Having never been to Thorpe Park Hotel until December, I have definitely spent a lot of time there over the past 4 weeks as they hosted my wedding, my hen night and my complimentary gym membership in December 2013.

I have to say that Im not easily pleased - its very rare that I'm 100% happy with the service received from the hospitality industry and its rather a family joke that I always find something that needs changing/improving. However, the staff at Thorpe Park certainly know how to keep me quiet! The quality of service provided, as a matter of course, is exemplary.

From the wedding planning, their flexibility to give us the event of our dreams without charging ridiculous supplements, the professional yet down-to-earth Yorkshire welcome and the consistent, first class food - the staff are excellent and nothing is too much trouble.

The rooms are of a very high standard - spacious, immaculate and the little touches - such as complimentary bottles of fresh milk and bottled water in the room fridge - help you appreciate that you're not a cash-cow but a valued guest. Top marks to Gordon, the General Manager, for having the long-term vision and not cutting corners - meaning I will return again and again to this hotel.

Highlights - the pool/Jacuzzi and gym staff that are friendly and very approachable, good coffee served in the Courtyard by waiters that smile, crème brulee and chicken Caesar salad are to die for and the kitchen staff clearly care about the quality of the food. The function co-ordinators are in a league of their own - how they delivered every detail and then some for my wedding is still beyond me and it lead to my husband and I having a day that far exceeded my (very high) expectations.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough - great location with convenient travel routes - do not go for a Leeds city centre hotel but opt for this little gem!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and spacious. The suites are very good with two huge rooms and theatre style cu...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PatriciaX
Thank you so much for posting such a lovely review of our hotel. It has been an absolute pleasure looking after you throughout December and I am genuinely delighted that you have had such a memorable experience with us. Your wedding host Adam and all my team will be so encouraged to read such positive feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park in the near future
Congratulations again on your wedding and all the best for the New Year
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

A rare gem in the mass of chain hotels. Superb - reception very efficient, lovely warm feeling about the place. Clean and modern room (mind the step to your desk/ chair area!) Well equiped bathroom, all very nice. A nice bar area with choise of places to sit.
All in all it was impressive. Staff friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent visit to us, and I am glad the Christmas celebrations went well and your were suitably impressed. I will be sharing your positive feedback with all my team who will be really encouraged to hear such praise.
All the best for the New Year
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Group of 6 had a fantastic week end at this hotel. Package included bed, breakfast, pre dinner cocktail, allowance for evening meal ( we all had Chateaubriand!), half bottle of wine each, use of the spa facilities, pamper goods in room, voucher to use on line for ESPA. The staff were really helpful and pleasant. Nothing was too much trouble. The waiter who served us was great, even when we all had a drink or two - he stayed polite and attentive at all times. Would recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing week end away from it all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank angelajhart
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. Our Girls Night Out packages are extremely popular and I am pleased you had such an enjoyable visit to our Hotel. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park soon.

Kind Regards,
Gordon Jackson - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Leeds City Centre
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,583 reviews
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,384 reviews

Been to Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!