“Great stay at Thorpe Park”

Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Spotless and clean in all areas - good selection of drinks in the bar area - nice to relax prior to evening meal - food selection and quality is great a little bit pricey but well worth it - plenty of breakfast selection and no rush to move you on - the rooms are very comfy and bed was firm.

Room Tip: I have stayed three times in different areas of the hotel and never been bothered by any noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay, I will certainly share them with all my team. On your next visit you must take advantage of our wonderful Spa facilities here at Thorpe Park.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Perfect hotel, pure luxury. Went to the spa which is great it has a wonderful steam room and sauna as well as large gym and pool. The rooms are lovely and spacious with tea and coffee. The breakfast and meals at Thorpe Park are quite pricey but are well worth money, lovely meal would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013

How pleasing it is to be described as Perfect! That’s the standard we set ourselves and all of my team will be really encouraged by your positive feedback. I look forward to you visiting us again soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel about 15 times over the years, sometimes with family, sometimes with friends. All my stays have been for different periods of time for different occasions.
In my opinion this is by far the best Shire hotel, in fact it is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Every time you visit you receive the same high standard of service from all departments. The staff are very professional and the food is excellent with an nice bar area, but that is not why I enjoy my stays here....The hotel has a feeling of relaxation about it, as soon as I enter the hotel, all my worries fade away. You forget the fact the hotel is situated on an industrial estate just off the motorway, it is strange, its like entering a stress free world. Hands down this is the cleanness hotel I have ever stayed in. My first visit was probably 12/13 years ago, but even when I visited only the other month everything still looks brand new. I have travelled to many places around the world and who would of thought a hotel just outside of Leeds is one of my best?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for such lovely comments about our hotel. I will certainly be sharing your thoughts not only with my own team, but with all the Shire hotels! I am so fortunate to have such a loyal team, of which some are still here since the very first time you visited us. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We relaxed as soon as we walked through the door.

Our visit was tailor made by the wonderful team, to suit our group of seven ladies. Lunch, drinks, spa treatments, chill time, pre dinner drinks, dinner and b&b - all personalised!
Nothing was too much trouble.
As always the menu and quality of the food was fantastic.
The rooms were as clean and comfortable as ever.
It did of course help that the sun shone for our whole visit, so we were able to sunbathe outside (with a small glass of wine) and also have breakfast outside too.
I've stayed many times (as a couple, as part of a group for a Christmas function, as part of a group for a tribute band night, on their wine/champagne tasting dinners) and it's fair to say I'm a fan.

Can't wait for my next trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for posting such a great review of your recent stay, Its very rewarding to hear such positive comments about my team, and I will certainly be sharing your thoughts with all of them. You should take a look at our events programme over the Summer, I will happily reserve you a sun lounger!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Visited yesterday for coffee. Pity that the 5* prices (£4.20 for a cafetiere) were not matched by the decor in the atrium. Dirty carpet, stained cushions, greasy table with scuffed feet and "drinks rings", dying plants, faded paintwork etc. Everything needs a good deep clean and refurbishment.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank saynotopotatoskins
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent visit to us for coffee. I’m saddened that you felt our décor lack cleanliness. I will be reviewing all your observations with my team, we have recently undergone major refurbishments within the hotel and I’m confident the next time you visit us we will leave you with a very different impression.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I cannot thank the staff enough for my daughters wedding reception we had on the 1st June 2013. Naomi, Belinda and others made it a day to remember, and I would recommend this hotel again. We were treated like royalty the food was excellent everyone enjoyed the day. We had the evening reception in the larger room, the buffet was excellent again, well organised. My daughter and her new husband had a lovely bedroom as did myself my husband and other guests who stayed over. The breakfast was superior everything was to a high standard.
A lovely hotel beautiful surroundings for photos .
l

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your kind words. We make every effort to ensure that all our weddings are perfect, and I will share your comments with Naomi, Belinda and all my team who will be really pleased to hear such positive feedback. I look forward to seeing you return to us soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We recently stayed at Thorpe Park for our wedding anniversary as we do each year as this is where we had our wedding reception. We took full advantage if the spa facilities and had lunch and dinner there. The food was amazing and all the staff were beyond helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. Also, because they knew it was our anniversary, they upgraded us to a suite and even popped a hand written card under our door to congratulate us. We felt so very well rested and looked after by the time we left. Would highly recommend this hotel to anybody :) looking forward to hopefully going back next year x x

Room Tip: Let them know in advance if you are there for a special occasion, that's what we did and we were...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting such lovely comments about your recent stay with us. I will certainly be sharing your feedback with all my team. It is truly our pleasure to look after you and hopefully we can tempt you to visit us again before your next anniversary.