“wedding”

Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
yorkshire
“wedding”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I cannot thank the staff enough for my daughters wedding reception we had on the 1st June 2013. Naomi, Belinda and others made it a day to remember, and I would recommend this hotel again. We were treated like royalty the food was excellent everyone enjoyed the day. We had the evening reception in the larger room, the buffet was excellent again, well organised. My daughter and her new husband had a lovely bedroom as did myself my husband and other guests who stayed over. The breakfast was superior everything was to a high standard.
A lovely hotel beautiful surroundings for photos .
l

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your kind words. We make every effort to ensure that all our weddings are perfect, and I will share your comments with Naomi, Belinda and all my team who will be really pleased to hear such positive feedback. I look forward to seeing you return to us soon.

Gordon Jackson - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We recently stayed at Thorpe Park for our wedding anniversary as we do each year as this is where we had our wedding reception. We took full advantage if the spa facilities and had lunch and dinner there. The food was amazing and all the staff were beyond helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. Also, because they knew it was our anniversary, they upgraded us to a suite and even popped a hand written card under our door to congratulate us. We felt so very well rested and looked after by the time we left. Would highly recommend this hotel to anybody :) looking forward to hopefully going back next year x x

Room Tip: Let them know in advance if you are there for a special occasion, that's what we did and we were...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting such lovely comments about your recent stay with us. I will certainly be sharing your feedback with all my team. It is truly our pleasure to look after you and hopefully we can tempt you to visit us again before your next anniversary.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Went with our local coach company for a spa weekend and then shopping in leeds. The staff at this hotel were impeccable...... it was a fantastic stay from start to finish..... staff made us so welcome, helpful, happy......treated everyone the same!! The evening meal and breakfast are superior......excellent standards...... definitely recommend this hotel and will be going again..... well done to the staff for their ongoing could standards and hard work...!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for posting such a kind review following your recent stay with us. I will certainly be sharing your comments with all my team who will most certainly be delighted to receive such positive feedback.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We recently ran an event at this hotel and it truly is a fantastic venue. The staff genuinely could not do enough for us, from the reception staff to the conference staff to the general manager, we were treated like Royalty at all times. Aside from the excellent conference facilities, the rooms are of a high standard, clean and good sized, everything you need with a touch of luxury. The spa and the quality of the food put this venue above hotels. Whether business or pleasure this hotel is worth a visit. The staff were professional and very accommodating, especially keeping the drinks flowing well into the early hours, the staff even let their hair down a little whilst saying goodbye to a colleague, which only helped to create a really good atmosphere.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting such a positive review of your recent visit with us, I want all my guests to feel like royalty! I am very proud of my team here at Thorpe Park, and it’s really encouraging to hear such great feedback. I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My girlfriend booked a weekend for us to catch up and relax together at Thorpe Park Hotel, Leeds. We arrived and went to the reception where the lady could not issue a timescale for when our room would be ready but as we had a spa treatment booked for 14.00pm it was quite tight for time with rooms being ready around then. We wandered the grounds and had a lovely glass of wine each and sat in the sun. The sound from the M1 is quite loud but this cannot be helped. After 2 hours we returned to the receptiona nd asked another receptionist who stated the room was ready on priority so we could get sorted and unpacked pior to makingour way to the spa...EXCELLENT!!!
The room itself was spacious and generous, with a modern bathroom and washing facilities. There was a variety of television channels though not much of a view...but the car park.
When at the spa I was looked after by 'Emma', who all i can say was great, i felt relaxed and couldn have fallen asleep, and from spa treatments ive received she has been one of the best to date :) we then retreated to the pool, Jacuzzi and Sauna. It was a nice day so most people took the opportunity to sit out, the area was small but we did get a spot where it was calm enough to catch some 'rays'.
In the evening we dined as part of our package in the restaurant. Mr girlfriend asked where the toilet was, 'Lois' (apologies if spelt incorrectly) kindly showed her to the restroom was after asking about our ocassion/reason for staying (which my girlfriend has not stated too loudly), Lois then later took it upon herself during dessert to light a sparkler and bring a few colleagues to sing happy birthday. It was a wonderful gesture and something 'Thorpe Park hotel' should be proud of. I won't forget that. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would return in the future to the hotel and would rate it a high 4 out of 5. Thanks again!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review of your stay with us. I am delighted that your weekend was such an enjoyable experience and your were well looked after by my team. They will all be really encouraged to hear such positive feedback. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park soon
Kind Regards
Gordon Jackson
Durham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is my second stay at the hotel, last year we were there for a hen do and had the best time ever and this weekend just gone my sister had organised a surprise night away for my 30th birthday, a relaxing day/night with massage and manicure and use of the pool/Jacuzzi etc. It was fantastic yet again and cannot fault it. Some of the staff (Louise and Zara on reception) actually remembered us from last year, Louise remembered tiny little details from our stay last year that really made a huge difference and made us feel very welcomed, you feel like much more than just another guest when you stay here as the staff make that extra effort to really make sure you enjoy your stay. The weather was fantastic on Saturday and even sunbathed on the terrace at the back of the pool area which was a huge bonus and very private, pool area is lovely and spa treatments very nice and relaxing, rooms clean and welcoming and a good size. Food also very good, we had lunch here and it was very nice, if you do want to venture out but not into town then I would recommend franko’s which is a couple of minutes up the road drive or about a 10 minute walk, a very nice Italian, however there is nothing stopping you staying at the hotel for everything as I hear the dinner menu on an evening is very nice too. For me If I wanted a nice chill couple of nights somewhere I would choose here every time. Everything is faultless but I would say it’s the staff that make this hotel the amazing place it is! I can’t wait for my next stay! PS. bathrobes/slippers are lovely and cosy and breakfast is a must, pay the little bit extra, its well worth it as its LOVELY!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for posting such a lovely review of your recent stay with us. I will certainly be sharing your comments with all my team who will very much appreciate receiving such positive feedback. Please let me know when you are next planning to visit us, so I can personally convince you to dine in our restaurant as you hear correctly, our menu is certainly very nice!

Kind Regards
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed here with friends a few times but this time it was to see a tribute night and relax had a great time the food was excellent, spa and pool area so relaxing. Highly recommended with very nice staff.

Room Tip: One lady doesn't like lifts so the management put us all on the first floor as we had requested...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay with us, we have an excellent line up of tribute acts booked throughout the year, hopefully we will be seeing you again soon.

Kind regards,