“Sunday siesta spa package - amazing!”

Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
“Sunday siesta spa package - amazing!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I purchased two Sunday siesta packages for me ad my mum. On arrival we were given a fluffy both robe, towel and slippers - there was no extra charge for these which I thought was brilliant. We were shown the facilities by a member of staff. The spa is brilliant and very relaxing - the spa and hotel itself is very clean!!
Next we had our 25 minute treatment (scalp and shoulder massage) this was amazing and very relaxing. We then had afternoon tea In the terrace area where you can go in your robe and there is no requirement to change into your normal clothing, the sandwiches, cakes and pastries were lovely and a generous amount for both of us with a pot of tea or coffee each.
We returned to the spa relaxation room where more tea, coffee etc were provided free of charge. The staff are very friendly and welcoming - the changing rooms are clean with nice hot showers and complimentary shower gel, body lotion and hair dryers, even the clothing lockers are free - some lovely touches which more expensive hotels/ spas seem to forget about - well done thorpe park!
We both enjoyed our spa day and we will return, we will also be recommending you to family and friends.
Amazing service and atmosphere!!

• Stayed March 2013
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
It is a pleasure to read that your Sunday Siesta was the relaxing time it was intended to be. We hope that you'll find another excuse soon to treat you and your mum and come back to make use of the hotel and spa again. Thank you for your kind comments, these will be shared with the team.

Gordon Jackson - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Henley in Arden, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for work. The bedroom was a good size with all the mod cons needed. The food in the restaurant was good quality and good service. The food at lunch time for the event we were at was good and there was a good choice which makes a nice change for business hotels. Need better tv channels and the wi-fi drops in the bedroom but otherwise all good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay whilst on business, we do aim to offer a home from home for our guests who have to travel for work, so i am pleased to hear that we made a few nights away from the family comfortable. We are currently looking at a programme to replace a number of the televisions here at the hotel, which will in turn open up an additional number of freeview channels. We hope to have this completed in the coming months.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My friend and I recently stayed at Thorpe Park for a night to catch up with each other and have a break from our husbands and kids!! We picked Leeds as it is midway point for us and after considering a few hotels in the area felt that this one appeared to offer the perfect deal for us (winter special - room, dinner up to £35 per head, and breakfast all for £149). The reviews for this hotel appeared to be superior that other hotels in the area, despite many of which being more expensive. I am pleased to report that we found the hotel, the staff and the food to be excellent and totally lived up to the positive reviews. Check-in is officially from 2pm but staff are happy for you to use the spa facilities prior to this (and also to use the facilities after the 11am check out). The rooms are nothing extraordinary decor wise, but are pleasant, clean, comfy beds, hot powerful (separate - not over bath) shower. There is a good selection of tea bags, instant coffee and also ground coffee, biscuits, bottles of water and also fresh milk (which many more expensive hotels do not provide). The menu for dinner was extensive and we were very pleased with what we had to eat; the £35 per head is more than adequate (alcohol is not included in this price). The spa facilities are very good and clean, showers hot and powerful but some of the lockers do not lock so check this before you pack all your things into them! Breakfast was all very tasty, there was a great selection and staff were very attentive. Overall we had a great stay and would definitely go there again to meet up or to take our husbands (or even also our kids because we observed other families with children and the staff were very helpful and interacted really well with the kids). Would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel based on our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel and staff following your recent stay. The team and I hope to be able to welcome you back soon, whether it be a girly weekend again or if you decide to treat the family. We'll be happy to look after you again.

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We are regular visitors, there is no better accolade. We always enjoy the ambience, excellent food, comfortable surroundings and friendly staff. The hotel is conveniently situated for travel. Access to Leeds, York, Selby, Doncaster, Wetherby, Harrogate etc is good. For the tourist access to the Dales, the Cleveland Hills etc is straightforward Whether on business or pleasure the hotel is an excellent base

• Stayed March 2013
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your continued support of the hotel, and your lovely comments about the overall quality that the Hotel has to offer, the staff are a key part in what makes our hotel, and it is lovely to see that their friendliness is noticed. We hope you’ll be back soon.

Wakefield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I went to my cousin's wedding at Thorpe Park on 2nd March 2013. The hotel staff during the ceremony and the meal were very good and made everything seem to run smoothly. The rooms were beautiful and spacious and comfy. I enjoyed the breakfast although staff didn't seem quite as friendly in the restaurant or reception. I enjoyed the spa facilities and these were well maintained although the pool was a little too cold.
Overall though I would stay again and I enjoyed it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay, your comments will be shared with the team. I am surprised that you felt that staff working on reception and within the restaurant weren’t as friendly as those you encountered as part of the wedding, we will look into this. I do hope that you are able to join us again in the near future, and see that the team are friendly and attentive throughout the hotel.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I am a lady with MS & wanted to go away for a weekend with my PA (carer) for some relaxation & respite from a condition that really is a full time job to manage! I didn't have far to go to get the above.........and more

Literally 10mins drive from my house is the oasis of calm that is Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa. As soon as we walked through the door my shoulders dropped.
I can't praise this hotel enough. We booked a seasonal deal called Winter Berry which included a 2 night stay in a room with a wet room, breakfast & evening meal (both amazing) & full use of the leisure facilities (Spa treatments are paid for by the guest)
walking around in your complementary robe & slippers was totally acceptable & the staff throughout the hotel were really lovely.

The only thing that made our toes curl were the price for 'extras' not part of the deal i.e Cappacino is £4.50 & the amazing Mojitos we had were £9.50 each - gulp - but it was a real treat for me.
I know this particular deal is coming to an end but I'll be keeping an eye out for further ones for spring/summer. I've also stayed at another Shire hotel in Penrith & it is lovely too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LozzLeeds
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent experience, the team will be delighted to read your comments and I’m glad that we have managed to deliver that relaxing break you sought. I look forward to being able to welcome you back soon.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed this week for two nights mid week. Lovely roaring fires in reception gave a warm welcome. Hotel room was beautifully clean and luxurious. They were little extras that showed quality such as fresh coffee, fresh milk and a mini fridge in the room. White bathrobes to use in room.Bathroom had lovely white fluffy towels. Room maid was very helpful and able to offer advice about places to visit when we asked her. Bar and restaurant were lovely- food was delicious and highly recommended. Pool was spotless and you also got free towels to use. All staff we met were extremely helpful especially with my 6 year old.My only criticisms which prevent me giving it full stars, and are because of the top end price we paid, are as follows. Breakfast was plentiful and wide range. However I expected the ingredients to be top quality and the sausages certainly were not- cheapest ' banger' type chip shop style. Bacon too was not the best. My son only had a bowl of cornflakes for his breakfast each morning but we were still charged £10. Around Handles in room bathroom could do with a good clean- yes I am very fussy but the rest of the room was immaculate. Rooms have very thin walls which when you get inconsiderate neighbours can make noisy but not really the hotels fault.Only minor aspects really though and would not prevent me from returning. Hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: Rooms on third floor were just being redecorated although they seemed immaculate to begin with so if...