“Second stay as good as the first”

Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Second stay as good as the first”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I really enjoy the couple of long weekends that we have had here. A lovely welcome and excellent, friendly service from professional staff leaves one feeling pampered - a feeling heightened by the exceptional meals and choice of drinks (wine list excellent). I have yet to use the spa facilities but my wife praises them highly. The rooms are large, clean and well appointed, although getting a tad tired. I've been told that these are now being upgraded in 2013. One of the best breakfasts I've had in a hotel! Now looking forward to our third visit.

Room Tip: Apparently, the staff do try and keep a section of rooms a quiet area so it pays to ask if this is i...
1 Thank Clive G
ShireHotels, Gordon Jackson - General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm very pleased we have got it right again for you. We have recently started our role out programme for bedroom refurbishments you will be pleased to know – how timely! I very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Gordon Jackson - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Reviewed January 2, 2013

From the moment we arrived, everything was superb. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Loved the bottled water, fresh milk and plenty of choice of hot drinks to make up. Liked the chance to iron if required. The courtyard was lovely and beautifully decorated for Christmas, very homely with the lovely real fires. The food and wines were fantastic too. I had the ice cream with sherry, wow it was out of this world. Attention to detail and staff all very very helpful and very friendly too. NYE gala dinner was a smooth and well executed evening. Lovely welcome with champagne and top ups with canapés. Piped in to gala room via red carpet, beautifully decorated and lovely food for many people. Only point to mark down, would be DJ playing music a little to loud whilst having dinner. But all in all, a fantastic few days away with special people too. Would revisit. Well done to everyone, as staff worked tirelessly, and always smiling and polite.

Room Tip: We had a disabled room, ground floor. Room 112. Very quite looked over to the gym.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm extremley pleased to read that your party had a wonderful couple of nights away. New Years Eve has proved to be very popular with the hotel especially this year and has gone down really well. We hope to see you again soon in the New Year!

Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed on a two night deal for 30th and 31st Dec. I really cannot fault anything!! Food was brilliant as was the service and attention to detail. All staff were cheerful and couldnt do enough for our party of ten. The New Years Eve black tie dinner was exceptionally good and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend it. If I had to grumble about anything.....it would be the fact that the DJ didnt seem interested in playing requests but I guess he has to keep people on the dance floor which he did. Loved the bagpipe player which lead us from the bar through to function room and also praise for all the Christmas decorations. They were beautiful.!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
It's really nice to read your review about your stay with us, i'm very pleased we managed to come up top trumps with your party. The team aim to please all of our guests and are always wanting to give the best experience possible. We hope that you will be back visiting us again soon.

Whitehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Christmas night stay in Leeds, bed and breakfast only as limited staff present, my room which I was booked into efficiently and by a friendly receptionist, even though I arrived early my room was ready. The room itself was a large well lit spotless room with all the usual things, (I even used the ironing board and iron), it had a split level the lower level with workdesk, and small sofa
The bathroom was spotless and again well lit, with a powerful shower and bath.
Breakfast was a buffet style, though eggs would be cooked to order (only complaint, far too much vinegar in the poached eggs making them inedible)
The pool looked very inviting but sadly I didn't get the opportunity to make use of
It was a comfortable, clean hotel with good staff, and I enjoyed my brief stay
Only issues, we're the eggs, they spoiled my breakfast, my sister had same issue
Check out was also easy and friendly

Would I recommend? Yes. Would I stay again? I hope so

Room Tip: I stayed in room 209 and it was good my sister and husband stayed on opposite side of corridor and h...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank 12thDomino
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.On the whole I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us and everything was in good working order. We would have been happy to replace the eggs on request for you and we are sorry that they did not meet your requirements. Hopefully next time you visit you can experience the full Spa Facilities plus our Restaurant and Bar food!

Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I travel thousands of miles each year and stay in some dreadful hotels who pretend their good. Well the Thorpe Park Spa isn't just good ....it's great. I would suggest it's the best hotel in Leeds mainly because the staff are bright, cheerful and engaging. This doesn't happen by accident so well done to the management as well!

Room Tip: all the room s are good
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Whittone
Thank you for taking the time to write this review! It's always great to hear guests comment on our team, who always strive to give a professional service, as well as some of the good old Yorkshire hospitality. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My first ever stay here, fantastic stay! I cannot find fault with this place. The staff, the rooms, the service, all great! The reception staff seem to care you are staying with them, which is a novelty these days!! The rooms, spotless! And attention to detail, impeccable! The breakfast was out of this world so much was in offer. Thank you again for a great stay and hope to stay again in 2013!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Most of our ingredients are sourced locally meaning we are able to give the best in terms of quality. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we want to make sure that you leave ready for the day ahead.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Every one was very friendly......food was great.....just wish we had stayed longer!! The only down fall.......there was not enough sun loungers for our large party of 22 when we were all round the pool area!! Would def stay here again!!!! Cleaner needs a gold medal.....my room was spotless!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review, especially your special mention of our cleaners who keep the facilities looking spotless. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.