“Quite a treat”

Ranked #29 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Wingerworth
“Quite a treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I found the hotel to be quite luxurious. My room was a decent size, as was the bathroom. I enjoyed the green surroundings of the hotel and the breakfast was splendid. The Stables Bar is more like a lively pub in its own right rather than a hotel bar.

I enjoyed the subtle Yorkshire themes running through the hotel and the hotel is well placed, it can be reached around the Ring Road as oppose to the City Centre, but once you have arrived, it is easy to reach the City Centre, Headingley Cricket ground or the Airport.

I found the staff to be efficient but felt they could be nore friendly. Come on, let's show the Southerners what a friendly place Yorkshire is!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Collette_Hurley, Customer Service Executive at Weetwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at Weetwood Hall.

It is great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting the facilities, location and customer service levels of our team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Customer Service Executive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Let me start on a positive, we love Weetwood Hall. The place is spotless , the staff are charming from the housekeeping to the bar, reception & restaurant. The junior double rooms are small, if you can afford to upgrade then do so. It's a single room with a small double bed in & after our last visit we will not stay in one again. We ate in the bar on our first night with an allowance of £20 each, all part of "The Deal". Food was faultless , just delicious. Breakfast in the main restaurant in the morning was busy & there was a wait to replenish the bacon.
Saturday nights in the summer are taken over by weddings! OK let them all have fun, but respect the hotel guests that are not part of it. The bar was taken over by wedding guests with children running all over the place. It would be nice if there was a place to relax with a drink without the mayhem of the wedding. We decided to go to our room which was a shame as the "Bud" on tap is a firm favorite. Not the fault of the hotel agreed. Next morning we were ushered into the conference part of the hotel for breakfast. This resembled a "holiday camp" & not a 4* hotel. Had some lovely stays at the Weetwood, but not sure If we would return which is a shame.

Room Tip: You can ask for a quiet room, but depending on the other guests staying you may be lucky & get o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Weetwood Hall.

I am delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoy staying with us due to the customer service levels of our team, food quality and accommodation. I am however sorry to hear you were disappointed with the location of breakfast on your second morning. It is rare we would be required to move breakfast from the Woodlands suite therefore please accept our sincere apologies for any impact this had on your stay with us.

I do hope you will stay at Weetwood Hall again in the future so you can experience the improvements we have made.

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Ideally placed by the ring road and on the Otley Road for access into Leeds city centre.

The hotel has all the facilities you would want, plus nice grounds and the particular winner, the Stables Bar in the ground. Stables is significantly better than the average hotel bar, and provides a significant advantage to this hotel.

Also a benefit is it's constitutional basis as a subsidiary company of the University of Leeds, so the profits go to a good cause.

• Stayed May 2013
Weetwood Hall would like to thank you for your lovely feedback following your recent stay with us. It is great to hear you found our location excellent along with our facilities including the Stables pub.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

The room I had was classed as a 'Small Double' but it was really a single room with a double bed against one wall which allowed for only one bedside table. Luckily I was on my own otherwise my partner would have had to crawl over me to get into bed.
There was too much furniture in the room which made it feel even smaller which is odd as there was not enough storage for my clothes.
There was also no sound-proofing in my room as when the guest next door was snoring he sounded like he was in my room.
The lighting in the room was poor and there was no light in the entrance which meant the full length mirror was no use for getting ready as it was too dark. I did not take my hairdryer as there was one provided but I wish I had it was a really cheap model with no strength or power to dry my hair.
One the first evening I returned I had many large bags and only found out that the key did not work until I got to my room. The lady at reception told me they had all been set to expire after one day. (There were a lot of us staying her as we were attending a conference at a nearby hotel and it happened to EVERYONE!). I was assured this would not happen again. Evening number 2; Same thing happened, struggling with bags etc and had to go back down to reception after NOT getting in my room.
I was time limited and needed to eat at the hotel but there was a wedding party in the lounge waiting to go through to another room. When they had cleared I went in and hung about and had to ask a member of staff for a menu. When I commented on an item I was told I had been given the wrong menu. I then had to ask another member of staff for a table and I was almost taken to the back garden room(?) but then stopped and told to wait. They then informed me I could go to the bar and get a drink, which I couldn't as there were still Wedding guests queuing for drinks. I asked another member of staff if there would be a wait for Dinner given the large amount guests and I was assured this would not be the case as the food for them was all pre-prepared.
I sat for a bit but was never approached again and no sign of a table being set for me so I had to leave otherwise I would have been late for my evening engagement.
The check out time is 10:00 and I have NEVER stayed in a Hotel with one as early as this before.
I paid approx £70 per night but I have had better service in Budget Hotels in much bigger rooms.
Hopefully I never have to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to Weetwood Hall.

We offer a variety of room types ranging from a Junior double room which we advertise as compact and suitable for an overnight stay to a Feature room with a four poster bed. Further details and images of each room type are available on our website.

It is disappointing to hear about the delay you experienced in our restaurant; we pride ourselves on the customer service levels of our team however I humbly appreciate that on this occasion we missed the mark. I would like to assure you that your comments were immediately addressed with our team. We take all feedback very seriously and utilise it in a constructive manner in order to further our operational training.

I do hope you reconsider your decision and return to us in the future so you can experience the improvements we have made. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you require any further assistance.

Heald Green Cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

The male toilets in the conferance centre ( first floor) has only one toilet cubicle and the smell was truly terrible, there was air fresheners ( 2 of them) and still the toilet smelt of ammonia and sewage. The male toilets in the stables pub, in the grounds behind the hotel were equally disgusting. it is such a shame as this is a brillant hotel. Must Try Harder..!!!

Room Tip: add 30 minutes for travel to Leeds Train station.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to us.

It is rare we would receive feedback such as yours however I would like to assure you that your concerns have been investigated.
We hope to see you again soon so you can experience the improvements we have made.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed here on business for one night, had to extend my stay and then a meeting got cancelled, the friendly front staff allowed me to cancel it after my meeting was cancelled. Very nice!!!

Also the grounds were absolutely beautiful, sad I didn't get to spend an evening in the on site pub. The room was spacious and you cant say that very often. The breakfast that was included with my stay was great.

You just cant loose..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Collette_Hurley, Customer Service Executive at Weetwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for your recent post in regards to your stay at Weetwood Hall, Leeds.

I am delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, highlighting our spacious accommdation, extensive grounds and food quality. It is great to hear our reception team were able to assist you when your meeting was cancelled.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future so you can experience the Stables pub and our other facilities.

Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a well presented hotel with pleasant and nicely furnished rooms, friendly and helpful staff and good food. There are few hotels where I go on business and would be pleased to stay in during my leisure time but this is one. . Happy to stay here any time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Collette_Hurley, Customer Service Executive at Weetwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your excellent comments regarding your recent business trip to Weetwood Hall, Leeds.

It is fantastic to hear that you thoroughly enjoy using our conference facilities however you also find the Hotel to be excellent for leisure breaks. Our team will be thrilled with your lovely comments.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,