“Very tasty and good value”
Review of Midtown Grill Restaurant - CLOSED

Midtown Grill Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We booked in but arrived late, they were very welcoming and accommodating.
Our server was confused about what drinks were on offer but eventually went to the bar and returned with a cocktail!
The duck breast was very tender and tasty and sides very generous. My other half had the cod supreme equally good.
Deserts were huge and the bill came with a surprise!

MidtownGrillManager, Manager at Midtown Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thank you for your review of MIdtown Grill.

I apologise for the confusion with your drinks order but hope you enjoyed your 1871 cocktails when they arrived.

I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed the food and the final surprise!

I hope you visit us again soon

There are newer reviews for Midtown Grill Restaurant

Reviewed August 28, 2013

A little hidden gem of a place - located inside the Marriott Hotel.

My boyfriend and I have visited a few times now and each time without fail the staff have been attentive and friendly, one night the chef came out and spoke to us, asking how the meal was which we loved as a personal touch. I usually have the tenderloin steak, with peppercorn sauce and surf and turf being a half lobster. Ok that's loads but we generally share the lobster!

Things I like, you can choose from locally sourced Yorkshire beef or the American cuts, the menu has a picture of a cow so if you're new to steak it tells you what part of the cow it comes from which is great too. You can also use hi-life card here. It's quiet and a little secluded which is a plus for me as this makes it a little romantic too. We came for our anniversary then moved onto the Marriott bar afterwards for cocktails.

If you want a beautiful steak, with lovely service in a good location this is a great place to go.

Thank you very much for your review of Midtown Grill, I'm so happy to hear how much you enjoy your visits to our restaurant.

Our chefs and front of house team are also very proud of the comments they received, we really do pride ourselves in the service we offer.

I hope you come visit us again in the near future

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My partner and I checked out the Midway grill which is situated within the Marriott Hotel last weekend and had the most gorgeous meal, I'm drooling thinking about it now. The service was excellent and the staff very attentive, nothing was too much trouble for them. I was undecided which steak to go for so the waiter explained in detail which cut of meat would be more tender which would be more flavoursome etc and boy was I happy with my choice. The presentation was top notch and I loved the little touch at the end when presented with the bill, toasted marshmallows and chocolate. I cannot wait to go again. If you are in Leeds go you will not be dispointed I assure you.

MidtownGrillManager, Manager at Midtown Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review MIdtown Grill I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your evening with us.

The front of house team were very proud of the comments you wrote about service.

I do hope you book again with us for the near future and please keep an eye out for our new website launching mid August.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is the second time I've visited the Midtown Grill, situated in the Marriott Leeds hotel in the city centre; the first was when it had just opened and I expected it to be quiet. However, even though it was a Monday evening, the restaurant only had about a dozen people in. I can't understand why it's not advertised more as not just being a "hotel restaurant" but open to the public as well - even from the 1871 bar where we had a drink beforehand, you wouldn't know that a restaurant even existed just behind it!
We had looked at the menu whilst having our drinks (warning - you need strong hands to hold it!), and were overwhelmed by the choice of steaks on offer, as well as other meats and fish courses, but when we were shown to our table we were offered another "summer menu" which offered a choice of 2 courses for £20 or 3 courses for £24 including a drink!
Spoilt for choice, we decided to stick to our original decision from the main menu and ordered the smoked salmon and French onion soup for starters. The salmon more than covered my plate, with only a little lettuce and lemon slice to garnish, along with some deep-fried capers - delicious! My husband's French onion soup was pronounced "fantastic", thick and full of onions, with a cheesy crouton on the top. We were offered some very tasty homemade bread to go with our starter, crusty and warm, and some more when we'd finished it. Our main courses were tenderloin steak with a red wine jus for my husband and pan-seared calves liver for me. The steak was cooked to perfection, about 2in thick and melt in the mouth. My calves liver was superb, cooked just pink with not a hint of bitterness, on a bed of potato puree (mash!) and bacon lardons. We added thick chips, onion rings and sauteed mushrooms to our dishes, which we couldn't finish after giving all our attention to the meat! We decided against dessert and went straight for coffee, but the toasting marshmallows and chocolate which came with our bill was very welcome and yummy!! The service throughout was friendly and helpful, and it was an altogether exceptional way to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary! True, it is expensive, but no more so than other well-known restaurants in and around Leeds, and this one really is worth the money.... I would certainly recommend giving the Midtown Grill a try.

1  Thank Missislippy

Wow, Thank you so much for your review of Midtown Grill, I am so pleased you enjoyed your evening.

Our chefs take great care in the food they serve and very much appreciated your kind comments.

We have recently changed our main a la carte menu so there are a whole new host of dishes to try, and as for further advertising we are launching our own website mid August so please have a look.

I very much hope that you will pay us another visit in the near future and congratulations on 35 years!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I visited with my husband on a Thursday evening using our Hilife Diners Card. The waiter was very polite and friendly on arrival and throughout the evening. When the waiter brought us the menus, he also brought a picture showing where each cut of meat comes from. My husband ordered the T-Bone and I ordered the tenderloin. The food was outstanding, I often eat steak when out for a meal and this was up there with the best. I asked for mine rare, and it was perfectly cooked (I often find many places overcook the meat for my tatses). We also had 3 sides to share, we could've easily managed with just 1 or 2. the mushrooms and onion rings were lovely, my only slight criticism would be the chips being a little undercooked. We didn't have much room for dessert, but went for it anyway! The cheesecake is fantastic, and a very generous portion. The total cost was ~£75 including drinks (without Hilfe it would've been ~£115). Overall a fantastic evening, nice atmosphere, great food and service. A bonus is they didn't mark our Hilife card so we can use it again. We'll be back very soon!