“Good location, modern, convenient.”

Novotel Leeds Centre
Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersSilver level
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Good location, modern, convenient.”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Excellent value, very friendly and helpful staff. Very clean, comfortable, good location. Comfortable bed, very efficient shower, liked the separate toilet. Good breakfast. Free wifi.
However, oppressively hot room, the window would not open, and we had to get someone to open our room as the card didn't work.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
NovotelLeedsCentre, General Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us and wiith my team, I look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Leeds.

Ludovic Verzi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Bremen
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed 2 nights in the hotel during a recent trip to Leeds. It is very conveniently located near the Leeds Rail station and is only 5 minutes walk away.

We arrived earlier than the check in time & as the room was available the reception staff were happy to give us an early check in. The receptionist was helpful providing a city map & also details details of the bus to enable us to travel to Ottley the following day.

The hotel foyer is spacious & modern as is the restaurant & also the bar area.

Our room was a god size with a double bed & sofa & very clean & tidy. The room had a stylish modern bathroom & separate toilet.
Free WiFi access is a real bonus as we find many city & business hotels charge extra for WiFi use.

As the hotel is an easy walking distance to the business district & shopping malls(Fußgängerzone) it is conveniently located for both the business & leisure traveller.

We will stay their on our next visit to Leeds

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay with us. With my team, I look forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Leeds.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night. We got a cheap rate £59 for a standard room from an online booking site. We arrived late and reception were more than happy to help find us a car park.
Room was spacious, large bathroom with a separate toilet. Very clean and comfortable bed. Was a great stop over from a long day travelling.
Cost of parking was £12 for overnight, however it was convenient and was at the motel's front door step! Would stay here again no worries.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. With my team, I look forward to welcome you back on your next stop to Leeds.

Cambs
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here before as it is a few minutes walk from where I need to be. I like the slightly retro-sixties deco and I found the staff very friendly and helpful, at all times. The breakfasts are good with plenty of choice, and the dinners are fine. My room was clean, nicely furnished and comfortable and the wifi worked all the time which I needed. The bathroom was modern, bright and with a rainshower option which I like. I've seen reviews commenting on the cleanliness but I honestly didn't have any problems - but clearly the hotel is going to have to watch this as this is quite a pricey hotel.

Couple of points: the cereal choice at breakfast could be a bit more modern - say, porridge, or granola - c'mon guys, get with the programme. The greek/veggie salad as a starter was an awful lot of lettuce and not much else. The air-con was a bit feeble though it did make a difference. Breakfast can be quite busy after eight though service was quick even then.

Special mention - checked out in the early morning and assume it was the night concierge/porter who was on the desk - he was extremely helpful and cheerful. Set me up for the day!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay with us and with my team, I look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Leeds.

Ludovic Verzi

(P.S.: porridge is available on request at breakfast and I have noted your other comments)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed here on business in an Executive room. check in was fine and efficient.

Room very clean and tidy, although had a bath rather than the walk in shower.

Dinner was included in rate, and was passable. Service in restaurant was a bit hit and miss, with an empty restaurant, this was inexcusable (I was only diner !)

Charged for a wine which SHOULD have been complimentary (as a Plat holder, i get free welcome drink) but this was resolved at check out.

However, i used the car park. it is the SMALLEST, TIGHTEST car park i have ever been in. To the point where my car (admittedly a big 4x4) couldn't even get around the first corner. Ended up (Luckily) with someone pulling out as i entered, but if that hadn't happened, i don't know what i would have done !

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
NovotelLeedsCentre, General Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I believe I have just responded to your comments through our internal guest satisfaction survey and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused at the time.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Our check in was fine, however when we got to our room, despite us paying for three people to stay in the room, only one double bed had been made up! Staff did attend to this issue straight away and were polite.

We stayed here three nights and every night despite having the air conditioning on full - all day - it was far too hot. The air conditioning was completely pointless! In the end we resorted to leaving the bedroom window open (though this still did not lower the room temperature!) and was woken early morning to the building noise across the road!

Parking was expensive - 12 pounds a day! Also the mini bar is hellishly expensive charging 2.50 for a small bottle of water!

We also experienced problems with our keys which would not open our room so had to trek down to the reception where we had to wait in a long queue to alleviate this problem. Whilst standing in the queue, I overheard a man complain that his room had not been made up for him and that when he pulled the bed sheets back there was blood all over the sheets! This made me feel pretty sick and I wondered how this could have happened!

All in all, I definitely would not stay here again, it's a poor excuse for a four star hotel and it was not cheap to stay there!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us and I was sorry to read of your disappointment. I would like to have the opportunity to discuss your experience, if you could contact me at the hotel directly, at your convenience.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Having stayed here Mon-Fri for 2/3 weeks, I experienced the ups and downs of this unit. The most common problem being the key cards repeatedly fail to work. There is nothing more frustrating than getting back after long day, trapsing up to your room and finding that you need to go all the way back to reception to have your card reactivated. Combine this with extremely rude maintainence staff and rooms that are sauna like if the temperature outside hits double figures and your stay can be unpleasant at best.
I stay in Leeds 2/3 nights per week on business and will only use this unit as a last resort in future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review following your recent stays with us. I was really surprised to read some of your comments which are not typical of our usually high standards and I would like to have the opportunity to discuss these with you. Please contact me, at your convenience, directly at the hotel.

Kind regards