“Well locatated”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Barton-upon-Humber, United Kingdom
“Well locatated”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We booked the Novotel as we were going to a concert at the O2 Academy and wanted somewhere that wouldn't be too far to walk from either the Academy or Leeds station. My boyfriend made the booking and paid around £75 for one night in a superior queen room excluding breakfast.

The hotel was easy to find from the station and well signposted, it was around a five minute walk.

Check in was efficient and polite and given the option of having a walk in shower or a bath with an overhead shower.

Our room was fairly large and had a sofa, plus a desk area. The room was clean and modern looking, as were the toilet and shower rooms.

The bed was very hard for my liking, so I didn't find it very comfortable. It was also only about a foot away from the wall on one side despite there being plenty of room to the other side of it.

We didn't want to pay the hotels prices for breakfast so ate elsewhere, there are plenty of places to get food within a 10 minute walk.

Although the hotel wasn't terrible having stayed at the Radisson Blu a fortnight later I would choose to stay there instead as the price difference wasn't much.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank badger1983
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

We will be happy to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Guest Relations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I booked this hotel as we wanted a city getaway for a couple of days. Having stayed at other Novotels and seen decent reviews, I booked for 2 nights, via Laterooms.

The room itself, a superior double was fine, just as expected and i thought it was good for £174 for 2 nights.The room and hotel were clean, well maintained and generally, our stay would have been good if it weren't for Novotel's errors in taking payment for the room when we arrived, despite Laterooms 'ringfencing' the funds before we'd arrived. This meant my account showing 2 x £174 as being unavailable for the time we we've been here. The hotel staff member claimed this would be debited back to my account within days but I'm not impressed as this has never happened in the many hotels in which we've stayed and also, shouldn't this have been checked before they took my money? I've had to jump through hoops to try to get the money back (still waiting but we checked in last night so will see). Not impressed with the service in this sense and we've not had one apology for the inconvenience and embarrassment of having my card declined due to 'insufficient funds' being in the account when we went shopping in Leeds.

The room service menu after hours is very poor,maybe 2 options. As it's a business hotel rather than leisure, maybe that's to be expected so anyway, called for room service to be told they aren't processing orders until 8.30pm. Ok. Waited until 8.30 and called with our order, asking for the dessert to be brought up separately as I didn't want the ice cream hotel to melt! Was told that all items would be brought on one tray. No effort, no nothing. Just a bit crap really. Maybe this is just how Novotel operates.

Overall, I'm gad we didn't pay the full price for the room (should have been £169 per night) but I definitely wouldn't stay here again. We didn't expect the Ritz, it is what it is but good customer service goes a long way with me and for us, it's been lacking.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MissWarner
NovotelLeedsCentre, General Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your review and for the unecessary inconvenience caused regarding payment at check-in. I hope all has been resolved to your satisfaction and should this not be the case, please contact me directly at the hotel at your convenience.

I have also noted your point regarding Room Service and will be addressing this with my team.

Finally, I would like to thank you for your feedback which is invaluable to improve the quality of our services and I hope this isolated experience has not fully deterred you from using us in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Ludovic Verzi
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Booked this hotel as a change from staying in the Park Plaza hotel. Good reviews as a whole on here and the photos looked nice.
Paid £105 for one night with breakfast for 2 people which was fine but when we arrived I would advise only coming in a car less then 2m x 2m as the car park is rather tight.
When we got to our room there was no bath like it said on the booking and the bed had seen more action then a night clubs toilet. We got moved eventually after 2 calls to reception because they had forgotten about my first call. Bed still squeaked in new room but whatever couldn't be bothered to complain again. Room itself is functional and although a little dates seperate toilet is great when your both trying to get ready at same time.
Just reading that even though we paid for breakfast it says when you get to the room it's an extra £3 each for a hot breakfast. £16.95 each for full breakfast!!!! Who do they think they are...... Good hotel if you want a bed to lay your head but for a 4* hotel I would strongly recommend paying an extra £5 and going to the park plaza it's luxurious compared to this

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Kimmytd5
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay.

Please accept my apologies regarding the room, your comments have been shared with the Heads of Departments to be investigated.

I am available to speak to should you wish to speak direct about your stay with us, my email is H3270-GM@ACCOR.COM.

I will look forward to your email.

Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The staff are friendly, drinks are over priced but food was nice. This hotel is in the centre of Leeds so geat location, however felt the room let it down. The carpet was dirty and didn't look like it had been vacuumed. The bedding was so worn out, it had holds in the sheets and covers. The end of the cover was torn and there was blood on the cover. I wouldn't stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Kiran27s
Thank you for your recent feedback.

Please allow me to apologize for the issues in the room. The comments will be shared with the Housekeeping Manager to be investigated.

I am available to speak to should you wish to speak direct regarding your stay, my email is H3270-GM@ACCOR.COM.

I will look forward to your email.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This hotel is fab for its location which is within a few minutes walk of the train station. The hotel is modern and contemporary with a nice feel to it.

We had a meeting in the boardroom which was a good size for 7 of us. The staff were helpful and ensured our breaks and lunch were timed correctly.

Check-in was smooth and quick - we were all given rooms on the 2nd floor nearby one another. The rooms were nice. They were roomy and clean with a nice comfy bed and a sofa (which I'm assuming is a pull out). The one thing I don't like is the layout of the toilet and bathroom as I hate the fact you have to walk through the room to wash your hands. There should really be a small sink in the toilet.

Breakfast was your standard buffet type with plenty of choices. The waiter serving me was pleasant and kept me topped up with tea.

A good hotel all round for its excellent location and amenities.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rio D
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit.

I am pleased to read your meeting with us was a success, I will share your comments with the Conference Team.

We hope to cater for your hospitality needs in Leeds in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The Novotel is in a good great location, close to the city centre. As we were on a long weekend break we were having difficulty finding a good priced hotel for a Thursday night, but the Novotel had a really good deal on. Good facilities and comfortable room, with plenty of space and good bathrooms! The reception staff were very welcoming and they were helpful in storing our luggage while we shopped. My only criticism was the heat in the hotel room - it was very hot and the air con or heating controls did not appear to work even when the temperature was put onto 5. Apart from that had a really good stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the gym as you can here the weights being dropped!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding the staff, i will be happy to share them with the team.

Please accept my apologies regarding the heating system in the room, this will be investigated and actioned by our Engineering Manager.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Oxford
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Great location near the station, friendly staff, decent room, and a good breakfast. Everything you want and expect at a reasonable price. If i had a complaint it would be that just like everywhere else you start with hard artificial-fill pillows. Why not have alternatives already in the room in the wardrobe?

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay.

Please accept my apologies regarding the pillows in the room, I will be sure to share these comments with the Housekeepnig Manager.

We hope to welcome you back to Novotel Leeds in the future.