“Nice hotel, good facilities, central location”

Novotel Leeds Centre
Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed midweek in an executive room. The room itself was nice, well appointed with flat screen tv, nespresso coffee machine, bose sound system, toiletries, bathrobe and slippers. The decor was modern and room was clean.

The bed felt a bit 'lightweight' and was not the comfiest that I have slept in and one of the pillow covers had a rip in it, which really ought to have been noticed by the cleaning staff.

My only grumble about the room was that despite their being a thermostatic control for the heating/cooling in the room there seemed to be just the setting - hot. This made for an uncomfortable nights sleep as the room was just too hot. I overheard some other guests mentioning the same thing in the morning, so it was obviously not just a fault in my room!

There is a nice restaurant in the hotel with a nice ambience, the food was a bit hit and miss however, some parts were nice and tasty and other dishes rather bland. The buffet breakfst was however nice and tasty, one of the better breakfasts that I have had in a hotel.

The staff were all friendly enough and very attentive.

Overall its a great hotel if you are staying for a night or two and want somewhere central in Leeds.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,088)

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Beware if you are going on a 'Coach Trip' by National Holidays to this Hotel !! You will be given an earlier dining time and given a substandard evening meal. No choice, no taste, no service. Breakfast was a different story, obviously because they could not herd us all in at the same time like they did for the evening meal. Breakfast was of the same standard as all the other guests and the quality was far better and what I would expect from a 3 star Hotel.

Novotel -- you have let yourself down by treating the bread and butter clients differently !!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are realy quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

I was dissapointed to read your comments, Novotel do welcome National Holidays guests on a regular basis, we do our best to ensure all guests equally recieve 100% good service.

I have taken your comments on board to look into, on behalf of myself and Novotel Leeds team, I would like to apologise for your bad experience with us and hope you would allow us to welcome you back to enjoy a hassle free stay.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great location, friendly staff, good breakfast, fast lift, clean bedrooms with sofa and floor to ceiling windows, the loo is separate to the bath and shower, full length mirror, comfy beds. Very good place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SAMANTHA H

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

I was delighted to read you liked the hotel and had an enjoyable stay, myself and the team will look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night on Saturday 23rd March. Couldn't fault anything, from the friendly reception staff on arrival & checkout, the room was immaculate, very modern & the shower facilities were great too. Location is also really good, walking distance to the centre and very handy for us to get the train home too. Would definitely stay here again & recommend to friends & family. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Darren K
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

I am delighted to read your positive comments regarding the room and staff, our staff work hard to ensure guests enjoy their stay, it is always a pleasure to recieve feedback.

We will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

A great place to stay in a good location, within walking distance to the shops and restaurants. There is on-site parking which is a bonus, but it is limited and costs £12/day, so factor that into your room rate. The rooms are of a good size, clean with a fantastic shower in the bathroom. Wifi is not free, which I think in 2013 it should be!! Beds are a little firm, but that's depends on whether you like it hard, or soft... All in all, I would definately go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jetstreamaviator

I appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback, I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the room.

I am happy to confirm as of June, we will be offering free wifi throughout the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I visited this hotel with friends inthe week in order to go to the galleries and boutiques in Leeds. It was a great location We loved our executive rooms the fixtures were of a very good standard and we were very comfortable. We had a few difficulties with internet access which is via a cable but the staff could not have been more helpful.

However in one room there was a glass screen between the bed and the bathroom. This screen could be made into opaque glass but this still let through light and noise which wasn't ideal. I used the gym and sauna and was very pleased with them.

There are a several good restaurants just across the road. There is one that specialises in breakfast if you don't fancy the rather steep cost in the hotel.

I stayed on to the weekend and the hotel became a much less pleasant place. Large groups of singles took over and the hotel became rowdy and crowded. The rooms are insulated and there was no traffic noise, but it was difficult to sleep on Saturday night because of the drunken groups. At one point in the day a group of loud argumentative lads took over the lobby and as a lone woman I felt uncomfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for leaving positive feedback regarding your stay.

I appreciate your kind comments regariding the room and staff, we are proud of our new refurbished bedroom, it is always a pleasure to recieve positive feedback.

With regards to the noise over weekend, we have no record of this been reported,
I am confident that our Duty Manager on shift will respond and take action to any issues that may occur.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Although all Novotels look the same, they are still great places to stay and the Leeds one is no different. After a very friendly welcome I was able to settle into my superior room (£10 extra). My room had been refurbished and was very well done out. My only gripe was that there is no bath, but it's not such a big deal for just a one night stay.

I had room service, as I'd arrived late, which was very nice. I had the burger and it was well cooked with some decent chips on the side. The breakfast the next morning was also good: usual buffet style with lots of choice.

The best part is the location; just a few minutes walk from Leeds station. Even dragging my suitcase in the cold was no problem. Perfect location for me.

Overall, a great hotel. I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: I opted for a superior room, which only cost £10 extra and it was well worth it!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are proud of our new superior rooms, it is always a pleasure to recieve positive feedback from guests, thank you.

I will be happy to share your comments with the food and beverage staff regarding the room service.

We will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.