“I expected more”

Novotel Leeds Centre
Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I always put Mercure and Novotel in the same category. I shouldn't. The bed was worn down and creaky. The room was too hot and despite my efforts of opening the window and fiddling with the aircon, it didn't make a difference. The tv remote needed a change of batteried - a very insignificant but still annoying factor - and the breakfast at the buffet - which they have the audacity to charge a whopping £14 for - was limp, tasteless and cold.

Furthermore, the cleaner barged into my room twice in the morning to seemingly 'usher' me out of the room, Well before my check out time.

On the plus side, gym facilities were in working order and you even got complimentary apples and coffee in there!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,088)

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Ideal for town centre bars and clubs. Suited our needs. Good value. Would dedinity stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Novotel in Leeds Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

I stayed at the Novotel Leeds this week at was very pleased. They handled the check in / out desk very well - I never saw a queue more than two deep / max 3 minute wait. The rooms were nice and big and lovely beds. Website said Queen size, but I thought they looked more like the bigger King sized. Ate in the restaurant, having a rib-eye steak and a beer. Staff always smiling.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

Just returned from a 3 night stay here. Brilliant location, 5minute walk from train station. And 5 mins from main locations.
Room was cleaned daily. Bathroom lovely and shower was very good. Bed was comfortable. Tv is hard to first get grips of and it plays in bathroom which i found odd. Last night was spoilt as could hear telly from other room next to me.
Had evening meal here. Salmon pasta is basic and not that good. But would reccomend sea bass, sweet potato chips, and the burger. Also the chocolate pudding for sharing is beautiful but not big enough to share.
Overall would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Hanzi-b

Reviewed October 14, 2011

Arrived late one evening to be met by a very friendly receptionist, who checked me in very quickly which was a relief! Rooms were a decent size, and also a good size bed. Bathrooms were a little odd, as there was a separate toilet. Rooms were fairly basic and sparsely furnished but it was all clean and comfortable and I no issues with it. Breakfast was included in the price and it was a very good buffet breakfast. I’d quite happily stay here again on Business or for a cheap weekend away in Leeds. However if I was looking for a little more luxury or a romantic weekend away, this wouldn’t be my first choice.

2  Thank Travellover6128

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully!

Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed in the Novetel, at the end of September as I wanted to explore Leeds, having been told by a number of work colleagues that it was a fun city with excellent shopping, good restaurants and an abundance of bars to meet all needs and Leeds did not disappoint, it's a wonderful city to visit. The Novotel is a great location to see all the above, just a short distance from the main train station and 5 minutes walk from the main shopping street, where you can jump on (and off) the Tour bus, which is a great way to see all Leeds has to offer. Having arrived late at the hotel and not wanting to go too far afield at night in a strange city, we opted for eating in the hotel restaurant and initially I put this down to a bad idea, the restaurant lacked atmosphere, however as I tucked into my delicious starter, which was fresh and well presented, a large group of foreign tourists arrived and the atmosphere was alive and a lot more enjoyable, as was the rest of my meal, which was a very pleasant surprise. Waiting staff were helpful, attentive and at hand (but also a comfortable distance) when we needed drinks etc. After our meal we crossed the road from the hotel to the local Wine and Cocktail bar which had a nice relaxed vibe and staff were expremely helpful and pleasant. The only complaint I would have was the bed was not that comfortable, but I still managed to have a relatively good nights sleep. Breakfast was buffet style and had a good selection to choose from. I would definitely recommend this hotel, if I saw another deal.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bicardi65
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I have taken note of all your comments. The team and I look forward to welcoming you to Novotel Leeds Centre again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 7, 2011

I stayed here for one night, and it was a good experience, on the whole.
Reception and pulic areas are bright, clean and modern.
The food was good in terms of quality and presentation, both dinner and breakfast. As part of a conference package, lunch was provided which was excellent - even better than the evening meal.
The 5th floor room was fairly plain, but clean and well maintained. Foam mattress was welcome - but not as good or deep as my memory foam mattress at home. The only thing I was disappointed about was the bedding - pillowcase had holes.
The car park was a little tight, especially with a large car.

1  Thank Ali_S_247

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay overall and have taken note of your comments regarding the bedding. Rest assured that this issue will be addressed. I hope we can welcome you back to Novotel Leeds Centre in the near future.

Kind regards,