“Lovely Thai food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Brown Cow & Dragon - CLOSED

Brown Cow & Dragon
Cuisines: British, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Andover, United Kingdom
“Lovely Thai food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

An overnight stay at the Premier Inn next door, it was nice to have something different to the usual Beefeater or Brewers Fayre type. Thought we would try the Thai restaurant, and we were very pleased we did. The food was delicious, and a great example of Thai food and flavours. I will definitely visit again when I'm next in the area.

• Visited December 2013
Chris L, General Manager at Brown Cow & Dragon, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us at the Brown Cow and hope to see you again in the future.

Seasons greetings

Leeds
“Premium prices for worse than mediocre service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

As the advert goes, I think the title does exactly what it says on the tin...expect mediocre in all things and you won't be disappointed...cleanliness, atmosphere and, not least, the 'hospitality' of most of the staff on duty. There are better alternatives in the area if you fancy a good pint served by welcoming hosts...Colton Mill, Thorpe Park, The Barnbow....or the various pubs in Garforth and beyond....

Visited November 2013
Thank you for your feedback! Obviously the Brown Cow isn't to your taste.

Seasons greetings
West Yorkshire
“Gorgeous food, pity about the service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

My dad was staying at the Premier Inn and we met for food in the Thai restaurant next door. The bar area had a nice atmosphere and the food looked great but we decided to head upstairs to the restaurant.

Firstly it was freezing, I was glad I was wearing a jumper. Once we got seated we had to wait 20 mins before we were asked for drinks and then another 20 before the drinks arrived. The food order was taken and took about 40 mins to arrive. The food itself was gorgeous, very impressed. I am only baffled at the time it took to cook as we didn't order anything too complicated and it wasn't that busy.

Trying to catch the eye of the waitresses to ask for the bill was comical....I am sure they deliberately didn't make eye contact. In the end we had to go to the bar to ask for the bill as I was shivering with the cold and couldn't last much longer.

Overall the food was great but the service left a lot to be desired. I think a lot of this was down to not enough staff, only 2 waitresses.

I think we would go back because of the food but be prepared for a wait and wrap up warm!

• Visited October 2013
Chris L, General Manager at Brown Cow & Dragon, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to place your review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your meal but disappointed that we didn't achieve or exceed your expectations during your visit. For this I can only apologise. With regards our central heating, the system is fully operational and all areas are set at 70 degrees.
Regards

Chris
Leeds, United Kingdom
“RUDE STAFF ATTITUDE PROBLEMS NO BEER MATS EXPENSIVE DRINKS”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Rude staff no training in customer relations or respect for older customers, The staff have been rude a few times to myself and friends. The landlord never seems to be there to complain to.
The place often runs out of glasses larger and bottled drinks on saturday nights, You are then expected to drink out of plastic glasses, I drink peroni and at nearly £4 a pint I want the proper glass with the widgit.
The other night they had the usual no glasses so I had a Barcadi & coke, When I mentioned I could not taste any Bacardi I was eventually told "If you don`t like it then leave". I will be contacting trading standards the brewery and whoever else I think needs to be contacted mainly because I don`t expect a jumped up kid probably still in his teens giving me lip when I have been going in there for about 35 years before he was born , The next day I tried to contact the landlord, but ...you guessed it..not available
We are in our 50`s and have been going in the Brown cow for about 35 years, previous landlords have always been behind the bar and the staff respectful ,
Bring back Simo

1 Thank David N
Chris L, General Manager at Brown Cow & Dragon, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
I am on annual leave at present but return to the business on Monday 4th November . You're more than welcome to call in Monday daytime when I am more than willing to discuss any issues you may have.
Leeds England
“Tired pub, not very inviting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went Monday lunch time-reasonable number of choices Thai and English which makes a change. Only hope that the Thai was better than the English-the best thing about the pie was the peas!! Offered a sauce bottle with gunge around the neck-changed when I pointed it out but it shouldn't really ever have been presented. Toilets aged and in need of a re-furb. All in all not a good experience

• Visited October 2013
Chris L, General Manager at Brown Cow & Dragon, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to register your comments. I can only apologise that you didn't enjoy your visit with us on this occasion.