“Todays lunch date”

Ranked #563 of 1,974 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are an 8 bedroom converted late 19th century house, with a large dining/function room and a lounge. Both rooms have their own licensed bar
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Had lunch here today with two of my cousins. (we meet up now and again) Well where do I start ? This is not my first visit to this restaurant I must add and I always have wonderful food but today was exceptional .
Friday lunch two courses £9 50. 3 courses £13 50.
being a greedy sort person !!! I had three courses. First course was Gressingham Duck terrine. Beautifully prepaired and tasted great. Then on to Braised leg of lamb with mint mash and rosemary gravy. OH my was that fantastic ? Well yes it was. !!!. Then onto my sweet. Being a little full but with just enough room for my "PUDDING" I decided on their Lemon posset. Which again was wonderful. Staff were very attentive and friendly as always . Everything was just perfect. So my verdict on this place ? Great value, great food. Give it a try sometime . I am sure you wont regret it. A big five star's from me. (again!)

2  Thank sgrayson

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Went to this restaurant for a 50th birthday party. The menu was rather pricey and so were the drinks. I had the mussels that were tasty followed by sea bass that was ok. The seating was very tight due to there being to parties on the same night.

Overall I would recommend this for a meal but maybe not for a party as there is only limited space.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have visited this restaurant over a number of years and it keeps the retains the same high standards.
Our last visit was a birthday, this was for Mothers Day.
The menu is varied with some new items to compliment the favourites.
I particularly liked the Pork and Apple Wellington, caution the portions are large. Taken with a good bottle of white and followed by a varied desert menu it made for a good day out.
As mentioned before the entrance is easy to miss and they now are following the trend to main courses in soup dishes, my personal Bête Noir.
The staff were cheerful and did not seem stressed by the full house.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Family birthday celebration lunch, venue suggested and booked by the birthday girl, who had been several times before. We ate in the bar, very comfortable, but I couldn't help notice that the carpet was long overdue for a thorough clean. Starters were excellent and promptly served, but there was an interminable delay between them and the service of the main courses. Four of us chose a fish option. In each case the fish (3 salmon & one cod) was overcooked and the salmon was lukewarm at best. Vegetables were superb. The desserts were reasonable, though not of outstanding quality. Restaurateurs should regularly check that there are enough paper towels in the dispensers in the lavatories ; that for the gents was empty. We usually tip a minimum of 10%, but, because of the long delay between courses, we left without tipping.

1  Thank Francis W
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We visited with the family for a birthday lunch, we have been here before and found the standard we expected had been maintained.
Some had the 2 courses for £2.95 Whilst the rest had 3 courses for £13.5
Washed down with an excellent Prosecco i and then the Sauvignon Blanc.
The choices were imaginative for a lunch menu and combined with a calm atmosphere attentive staff made for a memorable lunch.

1  Thank Kermit S