“A decent meal out”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Leeds
“A decent meal out”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We went for my daughters birthday. The staff were keen to look after us, the food was good and prices not bad.

I'd much rather support a local, family business than go to one of the formulaic chains - the idiosyncrasy is part of the attraction for me and I'd really rather give my hard earned to someone local than to a corporate balance sheet...

• Visited December 2013

Leeds.
“Very poor”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Very poor food and service I'm afraid from our local Italian restaurant. My partners duck pizza had a soggy base and was pretty tasteless, she could only eat a quarter of it. We sent it back and as far as they were concerned that was the end of it, they only returned to our table with our bill. I asked for it to be removed from the bill and we were confronted by a very aggressive chef and two waiters. The chef asked us If we had ever had a duck pizza before and refused to knock the £12 from the bill. (£12 for a tasteless soggy pizza was not acceptable) We paid and left. NEVER TO DARKEN THERE DOOR STEP AGAIN! These people do not have a clue how to run a restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Gary B
Aria R, Manager at Aria's, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
The pizza you had was perfect, the waiter did ask you at the beginning if the food was ok and you clearly stated yes. We are sorry we do not give free food. Its also very nice of you to not mention the linguni pescatore you had as a main course and it was finished in 4 mins. Its not the question of £12 its the principal. You are no longer welcome in this restaurant.
Leeds UK
“Early bird meal”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Very good meal - early bird and so good value. Very deferential staff, service excellent, and as with most Italian restaurants, we were given free bread and olive oil/balsamic vinegar dip to start with until the first course came. Shared a tiramisu, extra to the early bird two course package. Very happy with this economical experience (and the house wine was first rate too).

• Visited November 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good service but slightly disappointing food”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I visited with my girlfriend on a Saturday evening on a Groupon deal, similar to those that other reviewers on here have tried.
The service was friendly throughout the night and the restaurant ambiance was pleasant.

We were brought a glass of prosecco each before our starters. My girlfriend enjoyed her crayfish salad but I felt my duck salad lacked taste. There was not enough duck in it or sauce on top so the only real taste I got was of the salad leaves.

Our main was steak in chateaubriand sauce. The meat itself was, while not a huge portion, tasty enough and came with chips. The chips could have done with frying a little longer but were still enjoyable. Sadly the asparagus that should have come with our main never arrived, and I only realised this when i checked the voucher details after returning home.

We did not have dessert but I enjoyed a glass of whisky to finish the meal.

Overall the meal lacked the wow factor that I expected from the voucher description but I thought the service was warm and friendly, and would consider returning.

• Visited October 2013
“Not as keen on the new menu :-(”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I really do like this restaurant however the menu has recently changed and there is definitely more of an 'upmarket' feel. I'm sure there are many people who will love it but for me I left feeling disappointed. The prices are quite high and the food didn't sadly match the price tag. It's such a shame as I really did love the previous menu.