“Best place to relax and eat in comfort in Leeds”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of San Co co

San Co co
Ranked #10 of 67 Coffee & Tea in Leeds
Cuisines: Cafe, Mediterranean, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Best place to relax and eat in comfort in Leeds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Having recently returned from living in London where you can get almost any food at great quality and for a cheap price it was absolutely amazing to see that somewhere like San Coco was open in Leeds. The continental vibe and brilliant food are sold at super prices and its all fresh. The owner is a super friendly guy who will have a chat to anyone and everyone each time he sees them. I have been heavily pregnant the last few months and the brownies in this cafe can't be topped anywhere else in Leeds similarly the focciaca and salads. Whether ur just looking for lunch or a quick bite to take away this place is ideal and child friendly. The toilets are also as clean as anywhere else costa/starbucks so I'm not quite sure what he previous review was all about and I go there regularly now. It's also open relatively late if you finish a days shopping and need to relax upstairs is great.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Flounderkarma

Isle Of Lewis
“Best panini I have ever eaten....!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have been visiting my son in Leeds for over thirteen years and am ashamed to say that my visit last week was the first time I had come across San Co co. And what a true gem of a place it is. There is seating outside, downstairs inside and upstairs inside. We went upstairs just for coffee and decided to go back again later for something to eat. My son had a vegetarian foccacia concoction with a Greek salad and I had the best ham and cheese panini I have ever eaten. It was superb....faultless.....I shall never be able to eat one again without thinking of that visit. The coffee was superb and I had an excellent cup of scented tea with my panini. My son had a chocolate brownie which was out of this world. (I snook a bite!) The staff were all helpful and friendly and I was especially pleased to see an extremely presentable young man both behind and in front of the counter. In this age where pretty young girls are still displayed to attract attention in cafes and restaurants, it was a pleasure to find a young man, totally at ease but with a confident professionalism doing a good job in a very bustling place. A rare treat these days. Well done, San Co co. Keep up the wonderful work.....and thank you!

1 Thank Sundaydriver09
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Just went for a coffee..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Came across this place when in Primark. It's just next door.
Went in for a latte and the brownie they have caught my eye and that was it! The most amazing brownie! sooo moist, chocolatey how a brownie should be! It was a large piece and for only £1.50!
This is not your typical sterile, uniformed coffee bar.
The staff are very friendly and there's a lot of them! Think it's a family owned business.
Though we only had cake, they do sandwiches and cooked food and soup which is perfect for this type of weather now!
All the cakes are baked in store.
Don't let the look fool you, it's clean, it's friendly and it's good food!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank lastminutecouple
UK
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

For a year now, I've walked passed this place and never gone in, seeing it as just another cafe in the city centre. So glad I nipped in. It has seating upstairs and great music. The staff are so friendly. It is fast becoming a firm favourite when I'm in the city centre. Yes, the toilet could be a bit nicer, but I think they are improving things, as when I was last in, building work was being done. By pass Starbucks and try this!

5 Thank MrJackRa
LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE
“Amazing sarnies.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

It was the second time I'd been to this Cafe today. The first time I only had a coffee . This second time I decided to try one of their many amazing sandwiches. I opted for just plain chicken salad and wasn't disappointed. It arrived in a huge Ciabatta bread filled with a thick slice of chicken (the proper stuff not plastic) cucumber, tomato and a mix of lettuce leaves and just the right amount of mayonnaise. I nearly asked for a doggy bag as I didn't think I would eat it all, but I did :)
All the sandwiches were either in ciabatta, foccacia or croissants and ranged from Smoked mackeral and sweet chilli to falfalel , goats cheese and salad. The coffee is good too. There is more seating upstairs and lots more meals to choose from and breakfasts. I'm hooked !! My sandwich and coffee came to £4.10. I've paid that for a sandwich alone and was nowhere near as good. I can't praise it high enough.

1 Thank Leedsbird51