“a visual delight”
Review of Grand Theatre

Grand Theatre
Ranked #15 of 161 things to do in Leeds
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated in the heart of Leeds, the Grand Theatre opened in 1878 and has been entertaining people ever since. With a wide programme from musicals to stand-up, opera to drama and ballet to family shows, there's bound to be something that you'll enjoy.
Reviewed June 24, 2014

tickets booked well in advance- couldn't believe our luck that wicked was coming to Leeds. we sat in the stalls at the back, once you go upwards it really gets warm. you always get a good welcome from the staff at the grand. the show was one of the best I have seen and I am a fan of musical theatre. it was a proper spectacle with excellent actors, costumes and sets. the story took a little concentrating to grasp and that was with the help of a lady in the bar in the interval. when you get it you see where the wizard of Ozz fits in. I would love to go again.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Our latest visit was to see "I'm sorry I haven't a clue" which was excellent. The theatre is always beautifully presented by the staff and the opulent Victorian interior is stunning.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

They never put on the air con and the seats are trrible and you cannot wait to get out of the seats. I have often gone to the back and stand up.

1  Thank Paganman84
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went recently with boyfriend & 2 friends to see Wicked which we've had tickets booked for well over a year (yes, well over a year) as when I booked them, it wasn't very clear at the time that it wasn't for last year but this year......

Anyway - the show was absolutely amazing! The two girls playing the good witch and the bad witch were amazing singers, both could really pelt them out!

Souvenir program's were good value at £7 (I've been before for big west end musicals & they've been a lot higher priced!) got a tote bag as well for another £7

The show had lots of lights, color - was so so good - would quite happily see it again but I suspect tickets will have sold out month's ago as we had ours for such a long period of time

Bloody brilliant show though!!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Great show Wicked!!
Loved all of it, show was fantastic! Great Costumes.
The dragons good too.
Very well performed.
Only down side far to hot in there...no air con! dress assuming you are
in Oz and Africa!
Also cheaper to take In your own drinks.
Park your car for £5.00 s all day just around the corner.
Yes and torch for getting back in your seats.lol

Staff friendly..