“The Hearing Fund UK Gala” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Theatre

Grand Theatre
Ranked #21 of 148 things to do in Leeds
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated in the heart of Leeds, the Grand Theatre opened in 1878 and has been entertaining people ever since. With a wide programme from musicals to stand-up, opera to drama and ballet to family shows, there's bound to be something that you'll enjoy.
Weesp, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“The Hearing Fund UK Gala”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We attended the 2nd annual Gala for a very special Charity, The Hearing Fund UK. This took place at the Grand Theatre in Leeds, a beautiful old theatre with opulent ceilings and balconies. The seats were so comfortable. We attended a VIP event before and after the show and found ourselves in a delightful foyer and large room where we were able to mingle with the generous Stars who had offered their time and talents to hold this spectacular concert for the charity, such as Merrill Osmond, Gareth Gates, The Bachelors, Jonathan Ansell, The New Jersey Boys, Deaf Childrens Choir, Shane Ritchie and many others! It was brilliant and we're looking to coming back again next year!

Visited September 2013

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hair Spray the Musical”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Excellent evening, loved the seats and atmospere of the theatre.
Will definetly use this venue again.

Leeds, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Many visits to many shows”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

This theatre is a superb asset to Leeds city I go on a very regular basis to see a variety of shows and I am never disappointed I regular take my teenage son and we both found the open day most interesting and informative. The staff should be applauded for their helpful and friendly attitude

Knaresborough, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Just grand!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Went to see the production of Hairspray at the end of August. What a fab upbeat show in fab surroundings with polite helpful staff. Went to my new fab place for something to eat and drink before the show, the aptly named Just Grand! Vintage Tearoom in Handpicked Hall just down the Grand Arcade from the Grand Theatre. So Just Grand! all round. Recommend them both as they appear to appeal to all.

Buckinghamshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Hairspray - Absolutely Superb - Bravo!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We saw Hairspray last evening at the Grand and although I had high expectations, these were exceeded by such a fabulous, talented and hard working cast. This show was packed full of energy, fun, singing and dancing right from beginning to end. At times I got goose bumps I was so moved by how the story was translated by the cast - the audience loved it and it was great to see the theatre so packed and buoyant, the atmosphere was superb. I have been to various theatre productions around the world but never have I been so impressed as I was last night. It was great to have a little dance at the end with the cast and I looked around and soaked it all up as everyone was happy, dancing and cheering - I really hope the cast realised how much the audience appreciated their performance, it was amazing! Thank you to all the cast, theatre company and helpful staff for making it such a night to remember!

1 Thank Discerningcustomers