“Fantastic show! such talent!”
Review of Grand Theatre

Grand Theatre
Ranked #16 of 161 things to do in Leeds
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated in the heart of Leeds, the Grand Theatre opened in 1878 and has been entertaining people ever since. With a wide programme from musicals to stand-up, opera to drama and ballet to family shows, there's bound to be something that you'll enjoy.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Had a brilliant time at Oliver on Friday 9th November! I have never seen the film so was`nt sure of the story.
Such a talented group of people! Neil Morrissey was brilliant as Fagin!, so was Oilver (played by Joseph Bennett), Dodger was brilliant (played by Jaydon Vijn), and Nancy too, Mr and Mrs Sowerberry, so creepy but so well acted! He reminded me of the childcatcher in Chitty Chitty bang bang. Actually they were all good!
The scene was set so well, you could almost spell dirty old London and Fagins shabby room. Sweet little dog that popped on stage now and again!

I sat in what was called a restricted view seat in the middle of the dress circle (E15), but actually it was fine, yes there was a pillar to the right of the seat infront of me, but it was a thin pillar and i could still see the whole stage, the mans head infront of me bothered me more than the pillar. The ticket was nearly half price at £25, and it didnt cause me a problem, so i would sit there again

Great show, please go! show time finish is 22.05. :)

1  Thank Camel123

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Went to see Oliver on Saturday 10th November and what a great show it was to see. Love the Grand Theatre at Leeds it is one of the best inside and with the new seating very comfortable and roomy. The show itself was great and definitely in our top 10 and believe me we've seen a lot over the past 30 years. Neil Morrisey was great as Fagin and the whole cast, orchestra and set was a triumph.

1  Thank chappy203
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Went to see Oliver Friday 9th November what a fantastic show
It is a year or two since I have been to the grand and it seemed to have been refurbished the seating was more roomy, my partner is 6ft 2" and he had plenty of room we were in the front stalls and had a perfect view.
The loos were very pleasant and not too many queues! And the bar upstairs was really nice and a calming atmosphere.
The show was really great and the cast were brilliant in particular Nancy, Neil Morrisey didn't disappoint as Fagin and the youngsters played a great role The Artful Dodger was a treat and a small young lad who was the comedy act made us chuckle.
My only complaint was that throughout the whole performance we could smell a strong smell of food cooking, garlic smells permeated the theatre and it did spoil it for us not pleasant when you are watching a performance and not eating !! We don't know if it was from the theatre or a restaurant next door but not very nice we were to the left hand side of the stalls front row H so I would say try to get nearer the middle section and perhaps it won't smell as bad.
This was a long awaited treat for my fella who is a huge Oliver fan so this didn't spoil it a little for us, I would park in the st johns car park it's only a 5 minute walk to the theatre from there.

1  Thank Emma F
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

What an amazing and beautiful theatre this is, I love the place but picking the right place to sit is a must!!
Tonight (Friday 9 November 2012) we went to see Oliver and what an amazing show that was, pure entertainment from start to finish, the productions was staggering and faultless... If you haven't yet been to see Oliver ! Then I suggest you book your tickets now! You will not be disappointed

2  Thank Super_chris007
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I went to see Oliver on the opening night (Nov 6th 2012). It has been many years since I went to this particular theatre. While the show left something to be desired, I found the theatre to be a lovely old building, and in the Upper Circle, seats were certainly more than adequate (and I'm not small!!!)

It was however "warm" as others have commented, but overall I enjoyed the experience.