“Authentic Thai food. A proper little gem!”
Review of Thai Aroy Dee - MOVED

Thai Aroy Dee
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quarry Hill
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband & I tried this place today as the reviews on trip advisor were so good and I can see why! Firstly, the place has a lot of Thai people eating there which I think speaks volumes.

Its quite small with basic tables, chairs, decor etc but don't let that put you off. We had the 2 courses for £6.95 which is served up to 5pm. There are approx 8 or 9 of each to chose from. I had the satay, the hubby had pork ribs. For main I had Thai green curry with jasmine rice, the hubby had the pad Thai. Both starter and main came on same plate but it all looked so delicious we decided to share so asked for extra plates!
It was absolutely delicious.

They don't have a license so you can take your alcohol if you want which is a bonus if you're eating there in the evening. We just had a glass of water with ours and by the looks of it most people were doing the same. i will absolutely have this as my restaurant of choice when I'm next in Leeds. The service was great too. We couldn't fault a thing. Beautiful authentic Thai food in a relaxed atmosphere that was cheap as chips - what's not up like!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Thai Aroy Dee's food is amazing. For me personally its the best thai food I have every had. I think its the perfect place to go to after a day in town shopping and enjoy really good food. I would advise people to go and try it.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

On the edge of Leeds' China town, this small restaurant was absolutely packed even on a Monday evening. The decor is basic and from the outside it doesnt look the modt salubrious of locations, but dont be put off. It's clear popularity with the local thai population is a clear indication of its authenticity, and there are some frankly unusual dishes on the menu alongside the Thai curries and stir fries that have become almost as ubiquitous as that British favourite tikka masala! My friend actually selected a seafood dish which the waitress advised her against having saying that it was an acquired taste and many people don't the smell! Intriguing as that sounded, she followed the advice and selected a slightly more 'safe' dish. Maybe next time though!
We shared the mixed starter platter which was generous and tasty, with a variety of different flavours including satay, tasty peppery spring rolls and pork ribs. We ordered a selection of mains along with rice and pad Thai, all devious and in generous portions. Overall the bill for 4 came to £70 including soft drinks - will definitely be back and will take of advantage of the 'bring your own bottle' next time - no corkage charge either making for a very good value night out.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was introduced to Thai Aroy Dee by a friend who is a regular there. I had gone past this restaurant many times before and never thought much of it. But now, since my first visit a few months ago, I have been coming back there!
The food is fresh and delicious. You can bring your own alcohol as well which is great. The place is small and simply decorated, but nice, especially if you're not a fan of big noisy or posh restaurants like me. It's just very relaxed and casual. The service could be a bit slow sometimes though.
You can also see a lot of Thai people dining there - that's a good sign!
There is an amazing offer on Sundays - £6.95 for a started and main. It's a great value for money.
Would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I dine in and take-away from Thai Aroy Dee regularly and it's always outstanding. It's generally always busy and bustling and the staff are very friendly and super-efficient.
The food really is superb; beautifully spiced, cooked and prepared. If you have friends visiting Leeds then this is the place to take them!