“Please train your staff!!”

Cosmopolitan Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #701 of 1,974 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Four of us came for a Prosecco Afternoon tea and we were taken to our tables and the drinks promptly arrived with a strawberry garnish . . . So far so good!
The food arrived soon after and was plentiful but no tea with it. That wasn't a problem to us as we were at the start of an afternoon out on a sunny day and in fact we wanted more Prosecco . . . Yes we wanted to buy a full bottle yet despite our empty glasses and a restaurant that was only a third full trying to get a wine list proved impossible.
We finally attracted the attention of a passing waitress but five minutes later she was still off doing other things in spite of walking past us and the nearby by menus twice.
My friend went to get one ( the waitress saw her get it) but we still had to chase someone up to place our order!!
It finally came, in an ice bucket and with fresh glasses but sadly no smiles or enquiry as to how our meal was going or did we need anything else :-(
Truth be told we would probably have bought two bottles of wine that day because we were there long enough but due to poor awareness to customer needs and lack of desire from the staff the sale and a chance to please was missed.
We were eventually offered our pot of tea as we were ready to leave and asked for our bill!

1  Thank georginac1963

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Food was, fresh, tasty and lovely! professional staff and a wide variety of drinks.
We had the Thi Green Curry which was delicious, deserts were gorgeous. Lovely atmosphere too.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Afternoon tea on a living social deal. On arrival the staff were friendly and we were shown to our table in the restaurant which was pleasant.
The food arrived which was nicely presented, however when we began eating there was egg shell in the egg mayonnaise sandwiches which was not particularly pleasant. I noticed that the scones were on the plate and spoke with the waiter he apologised and we were duly offered scones which were burnt. I asked for a replacement, unfortunately when these arrived they weren't cooked.
At this we decided to leave, the waiter was extremely apologetic and offered to rebook another day for us free. I declined as even for nothing I would not return.
It may have been better if the chefs commitment to customer was on a par with the gentleman that served us

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We booked a party of 13 of us in for a champagne afternoon tea for a birthday celebration and it was lovely. The food was beautiful and there was plenty (we left quite a bit and we were offered a box to take them away but we were heading round town so didn’t want to take them with us).
Our waiter (Mike) couldn’t do enough for us.

The atmosphere was elegant but relaxed, we will definitely be going again, highly recommended.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I don't usually write reviews however I was so disappointed with my experience here I felt I had too. On arrival we were stood for several minutes as the waiters and waitresses decided to chat amongst themselves, even after realising we were waiting to be seated they still carried on. When the waitress finally came over to us she didn't even bother to apologise.

I also had the misfortune of walking past the kitchen when the chefs had the door wide open. When walking around a restaurant I do not expect to hear the staff swearing loudly at each other. The professional conduct at this restaurant is dire.

The presentation and taste of the food was also poor.

1  Thank Jessica G