“Great restaurant with great staff.”

Cosmopolitan Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #558 of 1,949 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We went into this restaurant on the 6th August on the off chance after dismissing others around the same area. My 9 year old daughter wanted macaroni and cheese and nothing else would do! There wasn't actually a kids menu displayed outside, so my sister went in and asked if they had one. The waiter that we spoke to said that they were actually in the process of revising it and that he would ask the chef if he would make the mac and cheese. We were vey impressed with the bar and restaurant area and when the waiter returned and said that the chef would make the mac and cheese we decided to stay. We were shown to a table and were given menus, the waiter left us for 5 minutes to get sorted and came back for the drinks order. We had a choice of the main menu or a sandwich menu, we all chose from the main menu, there wasn't a great deal of choice on the menu itself but I quite like this as I often wonder how much is frozen when there is too much to choose from. Myself and my mother had fish and chips, my sister went for the pan fried chicken and my daughter if course wanted mac and cheese. When the meals came, they all looked very well presented, the fish was homemade with breadcrumbs and as very tasty. My sister said her chicken was lovely and the mac and cheese? The best she'd ever tasted, after mine of course! We complimented the chef on the all of the meals and we recommended that he put the mac and cheese on the revised children's menu. All in all a very nice visit, gorgeous food, lovely restaurant and very helpful and courteous staff.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I poped in with my partner after walking by and reading the menu.
I was greeted by the manager who was pleasent and cheery.
The waiting staff were friendly and efficient and the food was fast and lovely. Definitely recommend to a friend !

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is the only time i have ever felt I need to write something about a restaurant on such a site as this... Unfortunately we found ourselves in this modern day Faulty Towers to dine,
Imagine a relatively quiet restaurant on where the service is something to witness in a training room situation on how things should never be done.., An awkward waiter who shouts down the table to take orders no mise en place used during the meal meaning nothing to eat desserts with. Cold ice cream on hot slate plates, Bread and Butter Pudding - when asked what does it come with? it comes with ice cream and not with rasins, if this was the kitchen having a laugh with the poor young chap you have all done yourselves no favours other than make the whole outfit look unprofessional, a manager on duty who openly despairs at his staff - keep that back of house... bland and uninspiring food which falls below the par of the best pub restaurants... and where no member of staff seems to really care about those present... simply to say never again! - We suggest you close and re-open once you have a trained team of staff and management in place fit to run and service a proper restaurant.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I visited this restaurant with my partner last weekend and was shocked at the service and quality of the food here. The waiter was what I could only describe as rude and looked like he would rather be anywhere else. For Starters I had mussels with were over cooked and I could not finish them. If it were not for having a taste card and having 2-4-1 I would have been more disappointed but luckily I did and it wasn't such an issue for my wallet as it was my taste buds.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Me and my partner were staying in the hotel and short for time so decided to eat here. We asked for a table and were told there would be a short wait, we had a drink and eventually a table was available, although the restuarant only had 6 other tables seated at the time. We ordered 2 burgers and waited, and waited. I asked for another drink, this was forgotten about until I reminded the waiter who had taken the order. We waited for 30 minutes watching the cooks eating chips and generally mess around in the kitchen, while other staff, without aprons or hairnets etc came in and served food and took it elsewhere (wether for room service or for themselves I dont know)
At this point we went to leave and were challenged by the "head" waiter, we informed him that we were unwilling to wait half an hour for a burger when we had previously informed him we were in a hurry, he told us that as the burgers were 6 inches thick they take over 30 minutes to cook! If this is the case, then its pretty good value but I imagine they wouldnt taste very nice after cooking for 30 mins!
As we paid for our drinks we were again challenged by the same waiter who tried to tell us again that burgers take 30 mins to cook, I cant remember the last time I was faced with such an arrogant prat, there was no hint of apology or anything other than aggression. Even the bar lady looked embarressed by him, and eventually apologised on his behalf. As we were in such a rush we grabbed a burger from McDonalds in the end, it was not 6 inches thick, but tasted pretty good!!