“Consistently good quality and superb for takeaways” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of G-Wu Restaurant Bar Takeaway

G-Wu Restaurant Bar Takeaway
Ranked #272 of 1,791 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Consistently good quality and superb for takeaways”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is the best takeaway we've found in north Leeds after 8 years of searching and the restaurant is a good experience too. Don't be put off by the fact that the restaurant is upstairs, staff are very welcoming. Consistently quality food, none of that gelationous gloop or unidentifiable meat you get from poorer quality places. Very efficient service both in the restaurant and for takeaways.

We were once turned away for takeaway because the restaurant was too busy, but the staff were so apologetic and polite, it was soon forgiven. I should highly recommend it, but I'm worried it will get too busy.

• Visited November 2013

“Pretty poor all round!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

I visited G-Wu with my family yesterday evening having been a big fan of it's predecessor, it was a special family occasion as I live in Dubai & only return to Leeds once a year to visit family.

Unfortunately we were left very disapointed with the experience; service was terrible, the food was average, at best, and throughout the entire visit we felt like an inconvenience to the staff, 2 of whom could not speak English and missed our orders on more than one occasion.

The bill left little change out of £100 for 2 adults, a young child & a teenager, and while I never begrudge paying the value of a good meal, I felt short changed at what was a very poor, yet expensive dining experience based on the quality of food & service on offer.

Having read the other reviews on here, I can only think they must have had a bad night, but on my experience I certainly won't be recommending this restaurant to anyone; there are many better quality, value for money and more authentic South East Asian eateries in town.

The biggest shame is that the old one closed, as G-Wu is simply not in the same league.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank PattyG1952
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nice Food and Great Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Very good food, staf are excellent and very helpful - food was a bit late so they gave me a free drink - nice

Visited October 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Delicious, tasty food, served in a welcoming environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Myself and my husband went for a meal here following several recommendations.
We were not disappointed! The food was beautifully presented, tasty, and in generous portions.
Staff were extremely attentive and welcoming.
We had the set meal for 2, which was a perfect balance of flavours and dishes which all complimented each other.
We will be returning!

• Visited October 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“If only they did dim sum too”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

If they did, and did it to the same standard as their other food, then I'd give them an Excellent. That was the only slight disappointment. Besides that, the food and service are top notch. Generous portions of tasty food, and attentive staff who are very accommodating to our choosy needs each time we've been. We've been several times, and it's been consistently good. The takeaway is better than standard takeaway-fare too.

• Visited October 2013