“Good location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Redditch
“Good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2011

Not sure what to say? Good location, room was ok but I did not like the window looking out into the corridor.
Television did not work and there was no remote control for it either. No one told me how to get to room other than it is on the 2nd floor or if they did breakfast for that matter. Went to Harvey Nichols for breakfast instead.
Reception is frosty and I prefer Malmaison over all.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank alibax

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

On one of the coldest nights of the year, the heating failed. And I was subsequently to find out, not for the first time. At first I thought there was something wrong with the system in my room - I rung reception etc etc but it was still blowing out cold air so I just turned it off. I sat in bed in all my clothes getting colder and colder. When I went downstairs I was told that the heating was not working (they didn't tell me that the hot water was also off - I found that out from another resident - I was furious that they reception staff hadn't told me - and it apparently happened the week before too.)
By this time it was about 10.30pm, the central heating hadn't been fixed with no time scale of if/when it would be so I left and went to the Malmaison which was lovely. They even gave me some hot tea (free) to warm me up.
The superior room that I'd had was nicely furnished and appointed (though no overhead lights which made working in my room quite difficult). The public areas (bar and restaurant) were also souless. But the main problem here were the dreadful staff - clueless!! Next time would go straight to the Malmaison.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank champagnetraveller90
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

I checked in to the hotel on NYE and writing this review as I've checked out, I am that unhappy with the room. The staff at check in were slow, didn't explain any of the hotel's facilities to me (not even where the lifts to get to the room were, leading to five minutes of walking around the lobby looking lost), and didn't seem to care. I noticed the couple in front of me were asked if they wanted dinner reservations for the hotel restaurant, I wasn't even told where it was.

When I got into the room I started to get ready for my reason for staying, a night out. So I didn't begin to notice the missing things till later on. I was in a twin room, and only one of the bed had a pillow. So I called down for one, 20 minutes later someone was up with one, although with no pillow slip on it. 20 minutes later again one with a pillow slip arrived.

Then I noticed the bedside lamps didn't have a shade on them, just bare bulbs, I thought to myself I'll call up in the morning about that.

In the morning I went to make myself a cup of tea, there were two mugs, one teaspoon, a kettle but no teas or coffees. So I called down to ask for some, when I was on the phone I mentioned about the lampshades and the missing pillow and that according to the hotel's 100% satisfaction guarantee I would be due a refund as I was unsatisfied with things being missing. I was abruptly told that as I didn't call down last night they couldn't do anything, leading to further dissatisfaction. All she could offer me was a free pot of tea, which considering there should be teabags etc in the room already wasn't good enough. Yet nothing was done. Very unhappy and won't stay there again; instead I'll go to the Park Plaza, where things get done if they get wrong.

To give the hotel some credit the location is fantastic, and the rooms are large.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank yorkstravelgirl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

Stayed in a business class room. Was massive with separate lounge area, bathroom and hall. Too many extra features to mention. VERY reasonable price. Best hotel in Leeds for lovation, price and comfort. (only been in business class room, however) pay that little extra, go business style even if it's leisure!

• Stayed December 2010
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

As a gold elite member of goldpoints plus, i have stayed at many Radisson Blu (or SAS) but I have to admit this wasnt the best, I was given a room which I would describe as travel lodge standard (a bed for the night with no frills) it was clean but nothing special

The breakfast was terrible, ok we didnt eat until 9.30am but for £17.00 I still expect top quality not overcooked food left on a heater.

Would I stay again......sadly no

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank travelalot064
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

My husband and I had booked to stay here with friends. I had booked the two rooms on line about 2 months ago and received a confirmation e-mail. I telephoned a few weeks ago and changed the two nights to one only. Upon arrival (our friends caught the earlier train) we were told that we had no room reservation and that there was a "no show" for the night before. I showed the receptionist the confirmation e-mail with ALL OUR REQUESTS confirmed and he eventually showed us to our room! It was small with a large pillar at the foot of the bed which meant trying to avoid it in the middle of the night! We left for dinner and on returning, found a "BUSINESS CLASS" sign which had been stuck with bluetack above the room number! We assumed that builders had been in whilst we were out to extend the size of the room and bed and we had been given the upgrade requested! The duty Manageress was most apologetic the next morning but our week-end was ruined and we will not be returning!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2010

I stayed here with business colleagues on a 1 night stay in Leeds. The hotel is in a nice central location. There is an NCP car park close by and the Hotel give you a discount voucher to redeem so it’s not that expensive we paid £6.90 for overnight parking. There is no on site gym but one close by, but to use this it costs £5. This is not clear on the hotels web site. The breakfast room was very small and unable to cope with the morning demand. We ate breakfast on the sofas in the bar! The room was very nice, modern clean and comfortable. A safe is provided for your valuables in the room. There is air conditioning in the rooms to keep the temperature right. The room was nice and quiet, quite big and very comfortable with all the expected services, desk, decent size bed, etc. The bathroom was again very nice and functional, very modern and clean. Overall I thought this was a very nice hotel and would defiantly stay again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business