“Good Hotel. The Breakfast is a letdown sadly.”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Ranked #15 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The hotel is excellently located, the room we had was great and probably the best hotel bed I ever had. And the facilities were also good but a slight journey thru the Light into the gym.
The Breakfast buffet was below average and not up to the standard of the hotel. The breakfast quality was poor, the coffee weak and the staff struggled to keep ahead of things especially on Sunday morning. Better skip the breakfast and go into the nearby town centre to find something you fancy for less.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,824)

Reviewed October 30, 2013

we stayed for one night for a birthday celebration.The radisson blu fitted the bill neatly. A good quality hotel for a chain in a converted victorian building slap bang in the middle of town adjacent to The Light entertainment complex.

We were given an in the attic! A delightful room with character and a sloping roof but unfortunately although an exterior room no view as there was a balustrade in the way.Other rooms are effectively interior rooms looking out onto the Light indoor complex and I guess could be noisy.

The bed was great, toiletries and little touches in the room gave a class appearance in modern twist of a traditional style room.Check in and out was fast and efficient.All in all an excellent stay for a fair price

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My benchmark for this chain is based on the Manchester and Zurich airport hotels.
The location for this one in central Leeds, is great - on the Headrow, next to the Light (parking for the hotel), and ideal for shopping and the main attractions.
Our check-in experience was really poor - the young lady was clearly distracted or disinterested, and explained none of the hotel's amenities. She checked us into a double room (with disabled facilities which we did not require). The room faced the Headrow, and had inadequate sound-proofing as the window would not shut properly. The iron was missing from the room, the desk light did not work, and the mini-bar contained (and probably still does) a previous guest's half-empty vodka bottle and carton of tomato juice, but otherwise, nothing else - nice touch!
The bathroom had one small bottle of body and hair shampoo, conditioner and body lotion (for two adults?).
Sleep quality was fine (apart from the traffic noise outside).
In the hotel, breakfast was fine, with good service from courteous friendly staff; bar service was fine, if un-necessarily expensive (£4.20 for a large bottle of still water, and really expensive for glasses of wine); and an honourable mention for the man who checked us out, who was a credit to the hotel and the chain.
Overall, great location, OK standard, over-priced, and under-managed.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room away from the main roads.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologise for the product and service not being up to standard on this occasion.

Please contact me directly to gain more information on your visit in order for me to ensure we have addressed the areas highlighted.

Yours sincerely

0113 236 6007
Valerie.donaldson@radissonblu.com

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Staying in the hotel's lower level rooms is a bit like stepping into a time machine taking you back to 1994. The rooms however are clean and the beds very comfy. Most rooms lack a decent steam iron so ask for one in the reception.

After staying in the hotel for several month I can ensure that the service is always friendly, the breakfast gives you lots of options and booking a room is easy. As a guest you also get access to the Virgin gym which is a big plus.

Room Tip: The rooms which face the atrium are good if you like a quite stay but you miss out on the city views...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Radisson Blu is in the city centre, very close to the art gallery (which is worth a visit if you have time) and some excellent restaurants (I can recommend the Red Chilli for Chinese). It's under ten minutes on foot from the main rail station.I was there on a business trip with a colleague, and the staff could not have been more helpful - we needed a pile of emergency photocopying done at midnight, and they really helped out - without their support the conference the next day would not have been the success that it was. The room was very comfortable and I reluctantly left my very comfortable bed at 07.30 the next day - my colleague also said she'd slept very well. breakfast was excellent the next day, but either book it in advance or on arrival, otherwise you will end up paying extra. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and I am glad that the service from our staff was up to its usual high standard. Your kind comments have been passed onto the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed at Radisson Blu Leeds for one night on the 19th October 2013. Very nice location for city centre. Cnveniently located within a shopping mall and cinema where you can visit and come back to hotel room at night. We stayed at Junior suit on the 3rd floor room 347. Its larger then Business Class with seating area. Saw another one 447 but the flooring is tiled whilst more cosy at 347 with carpet. Facing quieter part of the road. Room was cold as the A/C did not seem to send out any warm air at all. Asked for heater which duly arrived and it was OK then. Room 447 only has shower whilst 347 had bath which we asked for. Whilst changing to room 347, apologies given and free coffee and tea served in the room. Cleanliness was good, TV large flat screen.
Did not visit the spa. Not enough time.
Overall, I like it a lot. Staff at the reception were very friendly.
Parking discount at The Light for staying at the hotel.
Pay a little extra to get Junior suit. Its worth the money.
Will stay again as I visit Leeds often. Told them its a birthday leisure visit but shame that no token flower given.
Breakfast served in room was really nice at on Sunday it served till 12.00. Request check out extended to 1pm no problem.
Highly commended hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room. Junior suit worth the extra.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the luxuries of our junior suite!

Thank you for highlighting the issues in regards to the heating in the room. I will get our maintenance team to look into it.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future and hope that you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I was treated to a night away by the bf, got it at a bargain price on LateRooms, lovely room, comfy bed, very clean and cosy. Had a 3 course meal downstairs which again was lovely, probably a bit posh if anything for me and my bf, but food was gorgeous.
Next morning breakfast was like any buffet breakfast but the other extras like fresh fruit, not tinned, was what bumped it up for us, have to particularly mention Lydia and Dan (I think that was his name) who were so helpful and polite, genuinely took pride in their job which was nice to see, rather than another female receptionist who stood and glared at me until I felt so uncomfortable my bf asked if she was ok, to which she just looked away, for what reason I don't know, apart from that minor glitch I loved the hotel and will certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Claireabella1987

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with feedback on your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and have made particular mention to your three course evening meal and buffet breakfast.

I will pass your kind comments onto the members of staff as I am sure they will be delighted.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.