“Excellent thoughtful staff”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Excellent thoughtful staff”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Bit late with the review but my partner and I stayed just before Christmas and had a very positive experience. The room was lovely, original in layout and decor but the highlight of our stay was the excellent staff and the way in which we were looked after.
On returning to the hotel after a theatre visit we chose to have a drink in the bar, this was overlooking a loud Christmas party in the ballroom below. Whilst it was noisy we didn't complain, it was Christmas and we were in a city centre hotel, however without being asked a staff member approached us and showed us to a private lounge where we were able to enjoy our wine in peace and quiet.
Staff were again superb the following morning in helping with a minor first aid issue promptly.
We would definitely stay at Raddison Blu again and would recommend it to any visitors to Leeds

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you had an enjoyable time and that the team where attentive throughout your stay.

Valerie Stewart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Good location, great parking facilities , plenty of restaurants in the nearby vicinity. Rooms are decent size, quiet and comfortable great for business or a leisure break. We ate in the Yorkshire Grill a 5 minute walk away which was great.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you had an enjoyable time and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

London
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Had a standard room, nicely appointed but had internal courtyard windows yes this meant it was quiet but claustrophobic. Worth upgrading to a king room as you got free wifi and free breakfast and at 17 quid that is quite a price, I was in a rush but there are other food options nearby. Good location and pleasant enough. For the money if you eat breakfast out this was good value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed here the day before new years eve and have also stayed here previously. Very good value for money. The rooms are quite big, very clean and really well decorated and furnished.You get the choice of the type of rooom you want to stay in when you check in - we chose Art Deco this time. The beds are really comfortable and you get a great nights sleep. Remember to put the 'do not disturb' sign on the door as the maid unfortunately woke us up quite early :(. I would definately stay here again for my next trip and would recommend to others. The location is excellent and car parking is great as you get a reduced rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you had an enjoyable time and I will look into the over eager housekeeping staff.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We booked the Radisson for two nights to visit our son who is at University in Leeds. We found the hotel to be excellent, and in a very central location. The girl on reception was very helpful on arrival, informing of us where to visit and eat during our stay, and we were given a choice of three different styles of room in which we could stay.

The room was very nice, with all the usual facilities and the bonus of a lovely view over the city. The staff were all helpful and our whole experience was a good one. If I had a complaint it would be that the hotel bar prices were quite steep, but with the choice of pubs, cafes, and restaurants all close at hand, there is no need to drink in the hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor so the view was excellent
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you had an enjoyable time. I will look into your comment regarding the bar prices, the current bar prices are benchmarked with four star hotels in the city and reviewed on a quarterly basis.

West Yorkshire
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed for one night at the hotel recently and was very impressed by everything. The staff were all very friendly and helpful , the room was very clean with every facility I required. The location of the hotel is superb- just a short walk to the station- and the breakfast good. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and I have booked for a further stay in a couple of months.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

reservations.leeds@radissonblu.com
Leeds
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had dinner last night with some colleagues and sampled some of the new dishes that their restaurant have started to offer, the staff are attentive and knowledgable and nothing is too much effort. Every dish was presented to table with an explanation of how it was made and what it consisted of. We tasted a number of dishes from salmon and sea bass ceviche to king prawns and scallops served on hot stones and finished off with a soy sauce and my red mullet in fantastic sauce similar to a back cod dish I used to love, a selection of desserts to finish I loved the cheesecake , my colleagues had lamb cooked on stones and duck I'm not a meat eater but they loved their dishes too, this is must people need to find this little gem hidden in Leeds they will be blown away, can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your dining experience. I am pleased you had an enjoyable time and that the food was fantastic.

reservations.leeds@radissonblu.com