“Good hotel in good location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Ranked #12 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bergen, Norway
“Good hotel in good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Traveled with large group. Speedy check-in, large quiet room with nice bathroom, good room-service breakfast, free wifi! Helpful reception staff. Central location in city centre. Plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you had an enjoyable time.

reservations.leeds@radissonblu.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Colchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

In the centre of Leeds this Hotel is superbly located. Having now stayed many times in July 2012 and January / February 2013 I have noted some issues with the rooms. Rooms on the third floor (room 300 etc.) are too hot. Rooms on the fourth floor (400 etc.) seem a little cold. Rooms on the fifth floor (500 etc.) are just about right. The temperature controls in the rooms do not seem to have much effect. The fans are a bit noisy. Maintenance is running a little behind in the hotel but recently updated rooms are available. The standard rooms are a good size if sometimes oddly shaped. The business rooms are very comfortable but the extra cost is hard to justify.

Room Tip: The internal courtyard rooms are the quietest but stay away from the lift motor room which is a litt...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stays. I am aware of some incidents with air conditioning controls in bedrooms during the winter months. I can confirm we have had a company on site to rectify these issues. Our maintennace has started a maintenance program at the start of March to address minor repairs in the bedrooms.

I hope to welcome you back again soon and that you will see an improvement with the current work schedule in place.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

The location is great in a shopping mall in the centre of Leeds. Parking was in the mall and although not cheap you save a little if you ask reception to validate your token. The service was magnificent. It just happened that we met only one receptionist, Mark, and he looked after us throughout our stay. What a lovely man. He arranged taxis to take us to and pick us up from the theatre and as there was snow he phoned the taxi company to check they would not abandon us. I told him I would like some roses for my wife as the next morning was Valentines Day and he bought them himself on his was to work. This says a lot for the selection, training and appraisal of the staff at The Leeds Radison Blu.
The bedroom was large enough, modern and comfortable. The only downside was there was little natural daylight. The bathroom had a comfortable bath. There was plenty of cupboard and surface space and it was nice to see good coat hangars with proper hooks that you are trusted not to steal.
Sadly the breakfast was poor although there was plenty of good service. They had run out of croissants (Unbelievable) and the rolls were horrible. I asked for an omelet which came quickly but it was dry and overcooked.
I would certainly come to this hotel again but I would avoid the breakfast.

Room Tip: Our room 511 had a bath but some rooms have showers only so it is necessary to check.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you had an enjoyable time and that Mark took care of you during your stay. Thank you for bringing to my attention your feedback on breakfast and I have addressed this with the kitchen team.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I booked 4 rooms at the Radisson Blu for my hen weekend for me and 7 others. I did not want a 'typical' hen weekend and just wanted a night away with my friends & Mum in a city that would allow us to enjoy good food, wine & enjoy ourselves without a tacky night out!!

I picked the Radisson as I wanted a central hotel within walking distance of restaurants and nice bars. I initially disregarded this hotel as it came up as too expensive, however randomly it popped up on Lastminute.com at £68 per room. As it wouldn't let me book twin rooms I rang the hotel direct and despite initially been told that the rooms would be £125 I quoted the cheaper rate and they matched it straight away. I did have to pay upfront and two friends couldn't make it in the end, so two friends of mine bought the room off me in the end as I couldn't get my money back.

We didn't pay for breakfast and just went to Starbuck's instead. Half of the hotel backs into the Light which has a few shops, restaurants (and Startbucks) so if you want, you don't have to venture out into city at all and stay under cover!

The receptionist was lovely, efficient and chatted away to me whilst I was booking in. For some reason there weren't four twin rooms but it was fine as we ended up with two doubles and two twins. During our chat she asked me why we were visiting and I explained about my hen weekend. When we returned to the room later on, a box of fresh fruit, hand painted with chocolate and a note of best wishes for our marriage had been left - such a lovely thought.

During the day we went to Antony's Piazza for afternoon tea (brilliant), went to the spa, did cocktail making and then had dinner at Jamie's Italian. I had searched and searched for spa deals where we didn't have to spend a fortune but could just spend a few hours - as Radisson residents we could go to the Virgin Health Club (about 1 minute walk within the Light) and for £6 (bargain!) each we got access - we spent a relaxing hour using a pool, sauna, 2 jacuzzis and sun loungers which was perfect.

The twin room was HUGE - I have never stayed in such a large hotel room, it was like a suite!! It allowed all 6 of us to relax and spend time getting ready for our night out with plenty of room and we weren't squashed in. The beds were extremely comfortable, there were a few noisy guests walking past during the night but apart from that, a good nights sleep.

Overall - a fantastic and modern hotel with massive rooms and perfect for my hen weekend. At £68 per room it was great value and worth ringing the hotel direct to get the best rate. I would stay here again without a doubt.

Room Tip: Get a gigantic twin room!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you had an enjoyable time with your hens.

Have a great wedding and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed in this hotel just for one evening and all was a very positive experience. Staff were very nice and accomodating , very well helpful and friendly . Would defintely recommend the hotel to others .

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you had an enjoyable time and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great location and great staff. Reception staff very good. Room cleanliness very good. Snacked in the lounge the night of arrival. Steak baguette OK - but beef filling a little meagre - surprised no English mustard available! Used to stay in the City Inn rebranded Mint and now a Hilton. Hilton have been on a cost saving exercise and it shows.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeedsGM, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you had an enjoyable time and I will look into the lack of english mustard.

Newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Booked into a business class room. The room was nice although a little smaller than similar hotels. Service was very good and I would recommend.

We also used the Virgin gym's slimming pool which was clean and well maintained.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards