“An enjoyable lunch”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“An enjoyable lunch”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We found the buffet exceptionally clean and well presented. Staff were polite and courteous. The tables and chairs were well placed not like in some buffet's where you are cramped. There was an excellent choice of food catering; for vegetarians meat and fish lovers alike and lots of healthy alternative s salad omelette streamed veg fish etc
We tried the egg fried rice sweet and sour chicken and others. There is a good variety of puddings on offer including fresh fruit . We loved the melon and icecream. Drinks are pub price's and we went in during the day when it was cheaper
Very good value for money

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank leedsFrancesca

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Not what it used to be,unfortunately.”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Have eaten here many times over the years.Am afraid to say,it's not what it used to be.

We have just had a meal here tonight.I know Sunday is a quiet day but when we arrived at 7pm it was almost deserted.Never seen it so quiet.

Got the impression it must have been quiet all day,a lot of the buffet food was dried out.I had sweetcorn soup,followed by a plate of starters,spring roll,sesame chicken toast,salt n pepper mushrooms,with a lashing of curry sauce which I liked.

For main I had chicken curry which was tasteless,hot and spicy chicken(it was),with veggie side dishes and rice.

I had ice cream to finish,3 flavours available.The bill came to just over £22 with 2 pints of lager,so not that badly priced.

Sadly I think this restaurant is a shadow of what it used to be.Sorry we won't be in a hurry to return.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank lbalad
Newcastle
“Payment in Advance?!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I was greeted warmly when I came into the restaurant, but was told quickly that I would need to pay for my buffet in advance. I can honestly say I have never been asked to do this before - and I reflected this to the waitress who merely apologised.

The food was plentiful although some of the meat was tough. There was a HUGE selection though which I only sampled a fraction of.

I don't usually eat at buffets and I don't think I'll be back. I think there is much better quality food for the £9.90 cover charge. And really, they need to rethink the payment in advance policy!

• Visited April 2013
“Inadvisable to visit this restaurant.”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I found the food to be unsatisfactory. Everything was dry and incredibly salty. The price was certainly not worth paying. When I chose to complain, I found the manager rude and unhelpful. If it's good quality service and food you are looking for, look elsewhere.

3 Thank Htothad
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Buffet £6.90”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Friendly staff, very good choice of freshly cooked, hot food – even at 4pm on a miserable Friday with not many diners. Drinks no more than pub prices.

• Visited February 2013