“Great Mexican”

Pinche Pinche Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #184 of 1,952 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pinche Pinche is a relaxed and fun restaurant. All our food is freshly prepared using authentic Mexican ingredients. With our inspiration drawn from the street food that is eaten every day throughout Mexico, this is food that is designed to be eaten with your hands so don't be shy - get stuck in! Hasta pronto!
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The food was great. The restaurant was packed and bustling. Everyone was having a great time.

Started with the guacamole, which was absolutely delicious. Chunky and tasty with good hits of citrus and coriander. My dining companion had beef tacos to start. They were a perfect starter size. We also had Napoles Tostados (with green cactus leaves) as I'd never had this before and really wanted to try. It was a bit like a pepper but with more bite/crunch and was good. Worth a try.

We both had the burrito from the specials board as a main which was very tasty as well. If you like your sour cream (like I do) then make sure to get some on the side.

I would highly recommend getting some starters from the front of the menu, you'll get to try a few different tastes. The mains are a good size, but if you're really hungry, then order some sides to go with them.

Very reasonable prices all up. If you're looking for somewhere quiet and romantic, this is probably not the spot as it's lively as you would expect a Mexican restaurant to be. Soooo much better than your chain store Mexican. Glad to find some good Mexican in Leeds. Hoorah!!!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The restaurant opened a year ago under its new name; and having travelled in Central America and eaten here several times since it opened, I can confidently say that the food is very good.

However I feel they really do let themselves down on their customer service, which makes a real difference between somewhere you eat and somewhere you go to have an enjoyable evening.

The staff although generally pleasant are very haphazard and it is difficult to get anyone’s attention, they generally don’t seem to have enough staff on and are constantly rushed. We have orders taken wrong on several occasions only to be told, we are wrong and they took the order correctly (which is quite embarrassing when you're with friends) which makes you feel very frustrated rather than having a relaxing, enjoyable night out.
We attended the tequila night and found it pretty frustrating that as a table of 4 people we were on the whole given the same size dishes to share as a table of 2 or 3 people were, even though it was charged per person. We were given no individual plates and ended up eating over napkins which we quickly ran out of (and weren’t replaced). We then requested plates, but with every course these were taken away and then we had to request more, we must have ended up asking for plates 6 times. Why not just set the tables with the required crockery like other places do for tasting meals?
I recently phoned to see if there were likely to be any cancellations that evening (so we could get an earlier table) and was curtly told that no one could cancel now as all tables were confirmed and that if anyone cancelled there would be charged for their table (how?) and had the phone put down on me.

Lastly the multi page menu is difficult to follow, especially for people new to this type of food. It would be so much better to have an A3 menu with everything on one page broken down into sections. The you can clearly decide what to go for. I think the food strengths here are the street food snacks (i.e. tapas style eating) and the way the menu is laid out doesn’t really encourage people to go for that.

If the customer service can be sorted out, this restaurant would probably be one of my favourites in Leeds, but for now it's a place for a quick bite to eat rather than somewhere to show off to friends.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I really enjoyed Pinche Pinche, it offered authentic Mexican food with a very friendly service. The menu was full of choice (something that I don't always find as a vegetarian) and the food, arrived in very quick time and was exciting and fresh. I also liked the choice of salsas that they offered.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just a quick one. Almost didn't go because of some of the poor reviews, so glad I decided to risk it!! Food and service was amazing!! Much better than the other Mexican places in Leeds :-) Had a great time and felt the price was fair.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Food was brilliant, lots to choose from and it tasted really fresh. Great service and drink choices, cocktails were tasty! Really nice chilled atmosphere, recommend booking though as its only small and usually seems busy. Definitely on my cards to visit again.