“Good food,welcome service great!”
Review of Masala Hut

Masala Hut
Ranked #183 of 1,974 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We couldn't get the booking we wanted but could see why,it was absolutely packed,the starters were okay,my friends samosas were too hard and my seekh kebabs weren't the best I've had,the waiter just wasn't interested and the service was poor,my fiend asked for pilau rice and asked again and we got pea rice as well as pilau!the main was quite good and tasty, the peshwari naan is a must!you can bring your own booze and there is an off licence just round the corner, there's no waiting area and tables crammed together,the staff overall are great and friendly , the food decent and bar okay!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

booked at short notice and was not disappointed.the staff were extremely attentive and helpful.but for me the food was outstanding and i had 2 try a little of everyones dishes.there was five of us.we will deffo be going back there again,

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Typical suburban curry house. This place does not deserve its fantastic reviews. Went with BF for an anniversary dinner. So many people had raved about this place and I have tried to go a couple of times but its been full.
My expectations were high!
Starter was paneer pakora and he had chicken tikka. His was a generous portion but entirely without spice. My Pakora was dripping with oil. I was impressed that the cheese was nice and soft, but they could have just rested it on a bit of kitchen roll first and it would have been greatly improved. Neither salad accompaniment had dressing nor was any offered. There was a mint sauce that was pink and didn't contain any mint!
We had lamb tikka masala and duck jalfrazi for mains. We ordered peshwari naan but was given a plain naan. Pilau rice that was just boiled rice with food colouring and chapatis which were actually what they were supposed to be.
The lamb dish arrived with a skin over it - clearly been microwaved. The duck was very hot and lacked any depth of flavor. Also both dishes were rather low on meat . The duck dish was mainly onions. The lamb dish was sweet and had no spice either.
Rather disappointing all round, we left loads of the meal.
Plus side was that the car park is free in the evening and it is a bring your own booze. The bill came to £30.

2  Thank Laura B
Reviewed August 23, 2013

3 of us went to Masala Hut for a birthday treat for my sister in law. I couldn't believe how busy it was when we got there, thankfully we had a table booked.
The staff are very polite and patient, we were directed to our table and given menus. We went on the buffet night so was offered the option.
We ordered meals off the menu and I have to say it was one of the best meals I've tasted and plentiful.
There's a fantastic atmosphere in there, noisy but everyone in there seemed to be having a really good time.
They don't have an alcohol license spout you can take your own and they do sell soft drinks so its not a problem.
I will certainly be going again and have raved about it to friends and family and children are welcome too.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were clearly lucky to get a table tonight. Despite the hot weather tonight, each table was filled. We had shikh kebab, onion bhaji and paneer pakora to start followed by a vegtable curry, chicken benghal and naga chicken. The food-as ever- was perfect and the service was attentive but not over the top. The waiting staff were knowledgable and proud (quite rightly) of the cuisine. I can not recommend the place highly enough. There are several very good Asian restaurants in Leeds but this, hands down, is the very best