“Food and service were fantastic right little gem”
Review of Town Hall Tavern

Town Hall Tavern
Ranked #48 of 1,982 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Description: Town Hall Tavern - We are a friendly pub based in Leeds city centre serving fresh, locally sourced British food, fine wines and traditionally brewed Timothy Taylors cask ales, with excellent Yorkshire hospitality.
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had pre booked here for my birthday purely because of the other comments on here. We arrived at 8pm and thhe place was really busy they had a few Christmas parties in and it was also a Saturday night.
We got seated fairly quickly and was offered the Christmas and A La Carte menu, We chose chicken and ham hock which was really tasty if anything you could of done with a few more pieces of thin toast as the portion was really big. We also had the Freshly baked bread with olive oils, The bread wasn't that fresh and was just basic white bread which i would say was the only down fall of the whole meal.
For main we both went for medium-rare sirloin steak and this was absolutely melt in the mouth, perfectly cooked and a nice big thick piece of steak. It come with garlic tomatoes, dripping cooked chips (which were so fluffy on the inside and crispy on the out) mushrooms and onions rings which again so light and crispy.
The steak dish was definitely a dish you have to try if visiting here as the gentleman on the next table was also saying how beautiful it was too.
The service was really good too as they were attentive, friendly and really chatty even though the place was extremely busy.
We really enjoyed our evening and left feeling very full and satisfied.
Great place and would highly recommend.

The_Town_Hall_Tavern, General Manager at Town Hall Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Many thanks for your excellent review. We do indeed receive a lot of compliments about our steaks, they seem to go down very well. Please do not hesitate to ask us for a few more pieces of toast next time as we are happy to get you some more. We have taken your comments about the bread on board and will check that better in the future. Thanks again and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the new year

Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Have been to the town hall tavern 3 times now and have had amazing food and service every time! The flat iron steaks are delicious and the tapas style British starters are a brilliant idea and great for sharing.
Can't wait to return :)

The_Town_Hall_Tavern, General Manager at Town Hall Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

We can't wait for you to return! Absolutely fantastic to receive such a great review the fact that you are visiting us on many occasions. Many thanks

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I went here with my boyfriend on a quiet Wednesday night for my birthday. The food was delicious, and the meal was one of the best we've had in Leeds.

We had two pig cheek scotch eggs and a couple of the other "tapas" starters. All of these are excellent and decent value for the price.

For our mains we had a steak and a burger. The steak was cooked exactly as ordered, and the quality of the meat was very good. Overall both were great meals and great value for the price.

People always say this and I'm never sure exactly what they mean, but you can really tell they use quality ingredients for all of the dishes here!

almost forgot we had the malted milk ice cream, it was fantastic and I'd go just for that!

Lovely feedback Lisa, many thanks. I am very happy to read that the two of you enjoyed your birthday meal at the Town Hall Tavern. I hope that we may welcome you many more birthdays.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We occasionally visit Leeds and have tried to dine at the tavern only to find it was fully booked. Today we managed a table and we were not disappointed. A three course Sunday roast was around seventeen pound and my selection was pumpkin soup, beef roast then Christmas pudding. The pumpkin soup was dressed with almonds and accompanied with two huge wedged of bread. Very tasty and just right for a cold winters day. The roast beef was a succulent and flavoursome and was served medium rare. The only let down was the Yorkshire pudding and can only be described as average. The dessert was superb, a light Christmas pudding with all the expected taste and an ample quantity of brandy sauce. The staff were very friendly and this helped ensure we will return at a later date.

Many thanks for a fantastic review about your sunday lunch. I can remember the sunday with hte poor Yorkshire puddings as it is still haunting me now! That was one of the only sundays our headchef was off and there was Yorkshire Pudding crisis immediately. Believe me, we have had words with the chefs! So it is great to read you will come back and visit us again and then I will promise from our side that we will have the best Yorkshire puddings in town ready for you!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I visited this pub/restaurant on a Thursday evening and Friday morning. The beer and wine on the Thursday was excellent as was the service. People who really wanted to be there and wanted to help you have good night. The service was quick nod we needed to take a taxi to a concert venue. Staff immediately gave us a choice of taxi firms to choose from. The food was fish and chips which was excellent. Beautifully cooked fish and gorgeous chips cooked in beef dripping.
On the Friday morning we popped in again. We wanted a bacon sandwich which wasn't on he menu, but were offered a blt which was very pleasing. Unfortunately the wait was substantial 20 mins plus. Tha and which whilst tasty had bread that was too thickly cut and no choice of bread was offered. However, during he wait we had a lovely coffee and when the food arrived the waitress apologised. Which is a pleasant change.

I can see that you are a fan of our fish and chips as well, I must say that they are very tasty! I can see that we still have some work to do on our day time offering, especially giving our customers a chocie of bread is a very good idea. We will have a think about that when we change our menu. Thank you very much for your great comments.