“Fabulous!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Description: Town Hall Tavern, brought to you by Sam, Jon and all the THT team. We are a friendly village pub based in Leeds city centre serving fresh, locally sourced British food, quality cocktails, fine wines and traditional cask ales, with excellent Yorkshire hospitality.
Leeds, England
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Have been to the town hall tavern 3 times now and have had amazing food and service every time! The flat iron steaks are delicious and the tapas style British starters are a brilliant idea and great for sharing.
Can't wait to return :)

• Visited November 2012
The_Town_Hall_Tavern, General Manager at Town Hall Tavern, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
We can't wait for you to return! Absolutely fantastic to receive such a great review the fact that you are visiting us on many occasions. Many thanks

Leeds
“Birthday Dinner at Town Hall Tavern”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I went here with my boyfriend on a quiet Wednesday night for my birthday. The food was delicious, and the meal was one of the best we've had in Leeds.

We had two pig cheek scotch eggs and a couple of the other "tapas" starters. All of these are excellent and decent value for the price.

For our mains we had a steak and a burger. The steak was cooked exactly as ordered, and the quality of the meat was very good. Overall both were great meals and great value for the price.

People always say this and I'm never sure exactly what they mean, but you can really tell they use quality ingredients for all of the dishes here!

almost forgot we had the malted milk ice cream, it was fantastic and I'd go just for that!

• Visited April 2012
The_Town_Hall_Tavern, General Manager at Town Hall Tavern, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Lovely feedback Lisa, many thanks. I am very happy to read that the two of you enjoyed your birthday meal at the Town Hall Tavern. I hope that we may welcome you many more birthdays.
United Kingdom
“Yes, it's as good as people have said!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We occasionally visit Leeds and have tried to dine at the tavern only to find it was fully booked. Today we managed a table and we were not disappointed. A three course Sunday roast was around seventeen pound and my selection was pumpkin soup, beef roast then Christmas pudding. The pumpkin soup was dressed with almonds and accompanied with two huge wedged of bread. Very tasty and just right for a cold winters day. The roast beef was a succulent and flavoursome and was served medium rare. The only let down was the Yorkshire pudding and can only be described as average. The dessert was superb, a light Christmas pudding with all the expected taste and an ample quantity of brandy sauce. The staff were very friendly and this helped ensure we will return at a later date.

Many thanks for a fantastic review about your sunday lunch. I can remember the sunday with hte poor Yorkshire puddings as it is still haunting me now! That was one of the only sundays our headchef was off and there was Yorkshire Pudding crisis immediately. Believe me, we have had words with the chefs! So it is great to read you will come back and visit us again and then I will promise from our side that we will have the best Yorkshire puddings in town ready for you!
Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food and service”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I visited this pub/restaurant on a Thursday evening and Friday morning. The beer and wine on the Thursday was excellent as was the service. People who really wanted to be there and wanted to help you have good night. The service was quick nod we needed to take a taxi to a concert venue. Staff immediately gave us a choice of taxi firms to choose from. The food was fish and chips which was excellent. Beautifully cooked fish and gorgeous chips cooked in beef dripping.
On the Friday morning we popped in again. We wanted a bacon sandwich which wasn't on he menu, but were offered a blt which was very pleasing. Unfortunately the wait was substantial 20 mins plus. Tha and which whilst tasty had bread that was too thickly cut and no choice of bread was offered. However, during he wait we had a lovely coffee and when the food arrived the waitress apologised. Which is a pleasant change.

• Visited November 2012
I can see that you are a fan of our fish and chips as well, I must say that they are very tasty! I can see that we still have some work to do on our day time offering, especially giving our customers a chocie of bread is a very good idea. We will have a think about that when we change our menu. Thank you very much for your great comments.
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A warm welcome”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Had another visit yesterday and as well lunch, we enjoyed the warm, cosy feeling that the Tavern has. We enjoyed another nice meal, I had the Sirloin steak, medium with peppercorn sauce (no starters as needed to save space).. My colleague had the Pie & Mash. Both were delivered looking great and tasted as good. Finished off with a pint of Landlords.

I do think this place cannot be beaten for atmosphere, staff and the quality of the food. If you are looking for a place in Leeds where you can enjoy a great pint and British food at a reasonable price then try the Tavern. I've booked my Christmas works meal there so will review after..

• Visited November 2012
Thank you so much for a 5 star review! It is great to see that all our hard work is paying off and that our customers are enjoying the pub just as much as we do. Let us know how your christmas meal was. Many thanks