“Disappointed”

Cafe Fraiche
Ranked #468 of 1,808 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Cafe, British, International
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ideally located between Horsforth, Farsley and Pudsey, Cafe Fraiche is a great stop for early breakfast or a spot of lunch. With outdoor seating, parking, toilet facilities and vast menu, it is a must for individuals and families alike.
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

On first arrival the cafe seemed pleasant, two full tables of people having lunch, the girl behind the counter was more than friendly. After interrupting a conversation between who I assume is the owner I managed to get served, although he did apologise for this.
We ordered two paninis, to which we were told they had run out of pesto and offered alternatives. Once we had paid, £4 each per panini which seems a bit pricey to begin with.. We were told there was no ciabatta bread and offered a bread cake or sliced bread to which we chose sliced.
We then received the two 'paninis' 5 minutes later and left.
It was when we arrived home that we became disappointed with our visit..
The chicken panini was toasted but not enough for the cheese to of melted, and the tuna one was only to be described as a sandwich. Not toasted or even slightly warm.
We then had to toast these ourselves at home, not worthy of the £4 we spent at all.
Do not get me wrong, all the girls we saw seemed well presented and really lovely, but when you pay £8 for a panini you expect a bit more than a dollop of tuna between two slides of cheap brown bread. Saying that, we did eat them, but left half each as the filling and bread wasn't great, there was gristle in the chicken.
After reading previous reviews on here I am genuinely shocked at the replies the owner has given, no disregard for customers or creating brand loyalty at all.
Will not be returning any time soon, and from the looks of things I'm expecting a bitter reply from said owner who was not present when my food was ready so can't really comment.
I'd of been better throwing £8 down the drain.

• Visited May 2014
12 Thank Emma L

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Breakfast sensation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic breakfast and friendly service. New decor and menu amazing. Little gem in Rodley. Can not wait until next visit.

1 Thank ank55
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

My mother in law has just moved into the village and we noticed this little cafe and decided to try it...we had breakfast and was so amazed by the food..the atmosphere was really nice and chilled out....the hot drinks were really nice and the prices were very good! Great value for money....the cafe was very clean and tidy and looked great....defiantly worth a visit....

2 Thank Kayleigh F
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Cannot fault the friendly staff, food, drinks or atmosphere. A wonderful cafe and will always keep going back.

2 Thank Scott D
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Thought should add a review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I was surprised at some recent reviews so felt I should leave a review. I first went to this cafe as a new mum with my newborn and we were welcomed, so much so I visited regularly on my maternity leave and ended up on first name terms with the owners.

Since then (my son is 5 in a few months) I, my family and friends have all been to the cafe and not had any problems at all and I can be one fussy customer!! Nothing has been too much trouble even with my son who at one time only would want cheese toasties in cafes whether it was on the menu or not!

Since the place was renovated it looks great and is always popular on the sunny days as they have a setting area outside then you can have a lovely walk along the canal that is just across the road (or in my case do the walk before so it justifies cake at end ;) )

I hope recent reviews don't put people off and I recommend the breakfasts.

• Visited December 2013