“What a disappointment.”

Miah's Kitchen
Ranked #245 of 1,982 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated on the rather swish York Place, close to Leeds mainline railway station, Miah’s Place is an Indian restaurant with a wow factor. Right from the outset you really know that you’re in for something special – the restaurant is set within one of the old red brick buildings, behind wrought iron low fencing, its subtle signage indicating that Miah’s Kitchen, a small scale chain making waves throughout Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, is perhaps a little more special than your average Indian eatery. Through the portico-ed front door you’ll enter a stylish dining room furnished in an unusual Art Deco inspired style, with ball topped lamps, sensuous lines and low slung leather seating, all in low key tones. Miah’s Kitchen offers an extensive menu of old Indian favourites, ranging from tandoori dishes to biryanis and baltis as well as a good collection of specialties created especially for the restaurant, using contemporary and traditional techniques. Surprisingly affordable, Miah’s Kitchen provides an upmarket take on Indian dining without the price tag.
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews we decided to book for a largish group. Initial impressions were good. We ordered and waited. And waited. And waited. Our meals finally arrived after over an hour. The food was fine but waiting an hour in an otherwise empty restaurant at lunchtime is completely unacceptable.

1  Thank TimPinBowling

Reviewed March 6, 2013

It was not a bad night here and the food was good, not the best but good. The main let down with this place is attention to detail, mainly due to what seems like a lack of training for this staff. The staff are polite but there were farcical moments where drinks orders got lost and we were asked 4 times whether it was red or white wine that we ordered. A lot of the plates had chips ( cracks not potatoes) in and I never expected that in a restaurant like this. If they sort theses issues out it could be a good restaurant.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Visited here tonight, I'v had better Indians and I have had worse. Thought the portion sizes were quite small to be honest, 2 curries, few soft drinks £45 . . . still hungry :(

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Visited the restaurant on Merrion St this time, not as nice inside, I think they still have some work to do to tart it up somewhat - particularly with the toilets. Food is great as always, great choice and some very tasty dishes. Service is a little slow as it is in the other restaurant - we ate at 6:30pm this time but still not so quick. I'd recommend Miah's restaurant but if it is your first time I suggest you go for the York Road venue.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I went here a while ago with some friends and the service was excellent. For a starter I ordered the Lamb Shish Kebab, which was tender and delicious. My main was Dansak, which was lovely but a bit too spicy for me as I am not a big lover of spice. I didn't finish it all but got a free takeaway Dansak which was less spicy than the regular. We had a large party but the drinks were free and we also got free ice-cream. As we we're leaving we gave them a £30 tip, but they then said they would take £30 off the bill, which we refused. It was a wonderful night and would highly recommend it.

1  Thank zep909