“Best curry in Leeds”

Miah's Kitchen
Ranked #296 of 1,915 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated on the rather swish York Place, close to Leeds mainline railway station, Miah’s Place is an Indian restaurant with a wow factor. Right from the outset you really know that you’re in for something special – the restaurant is set within one of the old red brick buildings, behind wrought iron low fencing, its subtle signage indicating that Miah’s Kitchen, a small scale chain making waves throughout Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, is perhaps a little more special than your average Indian eatery. Through the portico-ed front door you’ll enter a stylish dining room furnished in an unusual Art Deco inspired style, with ball topped lamps, sensuous lines and low slung leather seating, all in low key tones. Miah’s Kitchen offers an extensive menu of old Indian favourites, ranging from tandoori dishes to biryanis and baltis as well as a good collection of specialties created especially for the restaurant, using contemporary and traditional techniques. Surprisingly affordable, Miah’s Kitchen provides an upmarket take on Indian dining without the price tag.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have frequented many curry restaurants in Leeds and this is by far the best. The restaurant has a classy upmarket feel and serves traditional indian dishes with a modern twist. It is essential to book for Friday/Saturday evenings. Very reasonable pricing: starter, main and a beer/wine works out about £15 per head.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Starter portions were very small, lamb was very tender and tasty in my shashlik but my partners meal at best resembled a lamb stew! We were charged £4 for a sauce to accompany the shasklik where most restaurants include this, making the dish £14!!

One of the members of staff was lovely and the handshake on leaving was a nice touch, but the other staff seemed rushed.

We wanted to try somewhere different as we usually go Akbars on Greek Street but we'll be back to Akbars next time.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The food at Miah's kitchen has been excellent every time we visited. However on our last visit before xmas we were overcharged for both of our main courses, by around £4. We didn't raise it at the time because we were not 100% sure, but confirmed our suspicion by checking the menu posted outside. We will not be returning. They were also raided by the police last night on suspicion of employing illegal workers.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Hi
I am a massive fan of a good curry and after reading numerous very positive reports about Miahs Kitchen, 3 York Place Leeds, I thought I should try it.
The address is very well established as a great culinary experience so I expected this to be maintained.
1 hour and 20 minutes for starters to arrive
Dirty toilets
False advertising as to what credit cards they accept
Very mediocre food
Strong stench from the haze of smoke from the sizzle dishes.
Poor service and attention to dinners
There was a definite opportunity to steal some of the monopolised market in Leeds from the excellence of Akbars and Aargrah, but clearly it is not that easy....

1  Thank sam s
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Eating here was a pleasure from the moment I arrived. Straight away I was offered a drink whilst I waited for my table, then received complimentary poppadoms and dips whilst I made my choice, however the best was yet to come when the waiter brought me a scoop of the most delicious exotic tasting ice cream to cool my mouth after my Tikka Jalfrezi!